General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 09:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Knitters?

I'm figuring I'm not the only knitter at 3FC and probably not the only one who likes the internet for free patterns. Have any of you, in your surfing, come across a pattern for an adult ladies' sweater, knit in the round with a fancy stitch pattern in the yoke. For the first time in many years I think I'd like to knit myself something.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:50 AM   #2  
Searching

Do a search on yahoo or google for free patterns, there are a ton out there. I have been looking for the perfect free poncho pattern. But right now I working on a basic wrap or a scarf? To get the pattern I alternate between 7 and 10 gauge needles, its pretty cool.

Chris
Old 12-02-2004, 12:50 PM   #3  

Sigh....I just learned to knit a couple of months ago (I've been crocheting forever) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

I have about a billion yarn sites in my favorites and most of them have free patterns. The Lion Brand site (lionbrand.com) has bunches. Don't know about any fancy stuff, as I'm still in the straight-needle-trying-not-to-lose-a-stitch phase of learning!

Good luck!!
Old 02-11-2005, 08:24 PM   #4  

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has tried those fancy new yarns in the loose stitch they used to call broom stitch knitting ?? What I'm after is a small shawl for my 11 yr old grandaughter but no size really matters as you wrap it around thanks s Shirley
Old 02-12-2005, 04:37 PM   #5  

Tell me a little more about broom stitch knitting. Maybe we call it something else. I'm not finding anything by googling either. Now you've gone and made me curious
Old 02-14-2005, 02:14 PM   #6  

Hey Shirley! I was in the Spinrite outlet store in Listowel, Ontario, Canada today. They were raffling off a broom stick afghan. She wouldn't even show me a copy of the pattern. I could have one free if I bought the expensive yarn that went with it! I thought not!
It'll be on the internet somewhere, I'm sure of it. She said it was outdated or something.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:37 PM   #7  

http://bythehook.blogdrive.com/archive/122.html

Shirley? try this page.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:58 AM   #8  
Liz, Dressage Queen

S/C/G: 160/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Knittin' Time

Hello All You Knitters!

Through the years of my knitting projects, I find that I am getting more bold and doing patterns that are a little more difficult. Talk about going out on a limb! I started an Aran knit pullover about 2 years ago. I got the back done, started on the front, and am slowly getting it finished. I think I'm going to change the sleeve design and make them just plain with maybe only one cable up the center of the sleeve. I'm going to be 100 years old by the time I finish it.

I have completed a lot of other projects in the meantime. I've gotten into a scarf frenzy and made scarves for everyone. I made myself a cardigan, which was fairly simple with only a small cable on left and right sides. Fortunately, the sleeves are stockinette stich. I'm also working on a pullover v-neck vest. I got tired of knitting and started my counted cross stitch; now I want to finish my v-neck. Good thing I have a lot of projects as ADD I seem to be!
Old 02-24-2005, 04:32 PM   #9  

I've seen web-sites where people have talked about FINISHING their FIRST sweater in 2-3 weeks. I want to know what world that's happening in! I've been knitting for a couple-three months now and am still in the dishcloth/scarf phase......I don't think I'll ever finish a sweater in only 2 weeks, especially not my first!!
Old 02-25-2005, 07:26 PM   #10  

Hello everyone, I have been knitting on and off for more than twenty five years and have never really become and "expert knitter", I start a project all enthuastic but because it grows slowly my enthuasium dissapears!
The first jumper I knitted my husband, was knitted with a French yarn called "Phildar" it ended up having sleeves 12 inches too long! Of course he wore it and never mentioned this, he just rolled the sleeves up. We have been married 24 years this year, and I unravelled the jumper and kept the wool (which is in the loft) I am alway's promising I will knit him another jumper with it!
If I'm knitting I can't eat.
jackie

Last edited by Jackie H; 02-25-2005 at 07:33 PM.
Closed Thread