General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 06:30 PM   #1  

Default That time of year... sigh...

Yes, I am once again thinking about X-mas cards... I want to get them printed, and would love some advice. I have checked the websites of many differnt stores/companies, and have come to the conclusion that it is more expensive than I once thought. Well, anyone have any ideas for this? Where to go? Who to use? My friend recomended both Kinkos and Staples, with whom she has worked before. I know Staples uses online, where you can get free shipping and a discounted price if ordered over the web... Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:27 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Well if you get discount for bulk think about 2 different cards for this year and next. You could also make something at home if you like. i personally like the year end letter from friends that tell me what has gone on durring the year. You could get some inexpencive paper to print on at home or take it to a staples and they will print on it for you.

just a thought.
-L
Old 11-12-2003, 05:51 PM   #3  

That is a great idea!! I like the staples online site though, you don't have to leave the house & you get the added discount. I really like the bulk idea though, I am going to check into that to see if that is beneficial... but, I know in a year I will be much thinner, and I don't want people to think I am not losing the weight I have pledged to lose, you know? So If I use a picture in the cards, I want it to be current. Oh well, maybe that is me being vain...
Old 11-12-2003, 06:15 PM   #4  

At Walmart you can order long post-card Christmas greeting with a photo with a Christmas logo..and a space to handwrite a greeting....or they can typeset greeting/name for you...their are several to choose from. They look REALLY nice. I have recieved these a few times in the past year, but did not realize that you could order from Walmart photo center?..The cost is $7.48 for 25. They even come with envelopes!..I think that is a great price!
Old 11-12-2003, 06:19 PM   #5  

p.s. I think it would be really cute to use your pet..maybe a dog with a santa hat on?
Old 11-15-2003, 04:54 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Hallmark card stores have a deal where you buy them and they'll imprint them. The cut off date is usually Halloween but they always extend the time.
Closed Thread