General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-20-2014, 06:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I'm not a huge fan of Sirius but I have unusual taste. There was only a handful of stations that I liked.

If you choose to try them out, I would recommend definitely not using any card tied to your bank account; a pre-loaded visa gift card that works like a credit card is even better. I had issues getting them to stop billing me once even though I unsubscribed. And yes, they will HOUND you for a while after you unsubscribe.

Something that may be considered is upgrading your head unit. We got a decent head unit for my husband's car. It really wasn't very expensive but has a usb port as well as one for his iPhone. I love having all of my music on a single USB.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:11 PM   #17  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

The free trial that is going on right now doesn't require a card or registration. You just turn it on and it works. My dh still gets emails from XM all the time with offers for 6 months for $20 if we come back. That is how he knew about the free month. It is kind of like when the cable channels do a free weekend. You don't have to sign up.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:08 AM   #18  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

thank you all so much for the input!! and can you believe, that I am still so technologically challenged at my advanged age that I just did not realize I could load up my Kindlefire with free music ( I have Amazon Prime) with hand picked songs...then play it in my car I just downloaded 40+ songs and will try it out on my way to work today
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:42 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5'2

i must say that I travel alot. i spend hours in my car almost every weekend as well as i have an hour commute to and from work everyday. I LOVE my sirius XM. I use to use my iPod but then i would get bored of hearing the same songs i downloaded because I am in the car so frequently. it was the best invest i made for myself because there is such variety in the stations.
bbarber62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 294/ticker/240

Height: 6' 4"

What year Subaru? My '10 Outback has an Aux plug and power plug in the center console, perfect for Ipod or phone. if yours is around that year or newer I'm sure it does too. Music is easy enough to get without XM. Only person I know with XM uses it for listening to talk shows that he can't get otherwise. I can't blame him though because I listen to talk shows too, must be a sign of old age
superfluous is offline   Reply With Quote