General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/175.3/TBD

Height: 5'2

I think that sometimes thinner people might not understand the depth of the sensitivity that others have about their weight. She might just think it is a really cute picture (and does not understand you genuinely are uncomfortable with pics).

I can think of a lot of scenarios when people might say not to post a pic because of a bad hair day or something...but if someone posts it, you can all have a laugh at it (i.e., sometimes the request not to post a pic is not really dead serious). Weight is different because it is such a sensitive topic. For someone who does not struggle with their weight, she may see no good reason not to post it...she may think you look perfectly fine! We think about our own appearances much more than others think about our appearance.

It was not very nice of her to post the pic when you asked her not to, though; I agree with others that you should ask her if she will take it down because you really don't like pictures of you posted, and to please not do it in the future. If she refuses to take it down (and she has done petty things in the past), that may be a sign to me that it is malicious.

Last edited by straightahead; 03-17-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #17  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryQuinn View Post
I don't think 5'9 and 135 makes her 'skeletor' . That sounds like a perfectly healthy weight to me
It depends on the way someone is built. I am almost 5'9" and 135 on me would be an absolute stick. My bones would not fit into 135 LOL

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 03-17-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Of course she did it on purpose. You asked her not to post on Facebook and she did it anyway.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
It depends on the way someone is built. I am almost 5'9" and 135 on me would be an absolute stick. My bones would not fit into 135 LOL
even if this girl is built to be bonier at that height it doesn't make it right to call her skeletor or judge her weight
Old 03-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #20  

She may not have thought it was a big deal but she still should have respected your feelings. I know how you feel I do not like looking at myself in pictures or video.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/155

Yes, yes, YES! I realize that name calling is immature. THAT wasn't really the point. And I do not refer to her as skeletor. Geesh. Well except that one time. Earlier.

I understand that she does not know what I am dealing with, herself having always been thin. And it ISN'T her fault that I have body issues. I was just ranting about a simple request that was important to me that happened to ruin my morning.

But thank you all for the input.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

I think you had the right to respect her honor your wishes. It was wrong to post it regardless of her logic or reasoning. Just as if you took a picture of her that she felt uncomfortable, you would respect her desire not to post it publicly.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #23  

Height: 5'6"

I understand where you are coming from... But I just want to offer another perspective. According to your ticker, you have lost almost 100 pounds. Is there any chance your friend really & truly thinks you look amazing? Could she be proud of your progress? Idk, she could be an a$$. I just don't associate with people who tear me down so I don't know if you have friends like that. If she is catty, screw her.

Regardless, she should take it down or crop it.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #24  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

If a friend asked me not to post a picture, I would either just crop her out if possible or not post it. It doesn't matter the reason why. If they don't want it posted, don't post it.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120

Height: 5'3''

I think here we do have two problems which should be fixed independently.

The first problems is the "friend" who doesn't hear you or purposely do something you don't like. Well, the only way to "fix" it just don't have friends like this.

Another problem is to rely on facebook too much. Pffff. I dont have facebook,I dont have twitter, I dont have a lot of other internet stuff (linkedin just one exception). So, why should I care if someone post not-so-good my picture? I think we should cut facebook time a lot and spent this time more wisely (go do hiking or swimming).

I think we should care more about "offline" or real world than social networks. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #26  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

This is exactly why I have my FB set to not allow tagging. But...here's the thing if you were "mentioned" in the post it still comes through your feed and sometimes the feeds of the people who know the people who liked it. Grrr. This I know because of a video my mom posted... of my daughter and I taking a poolside Latin dance class!!

I'm sorry she posted it after you asked her not to because it wasn't a very friend-like thing to do. It would definitely make me think twice about the relationship, had it happened to me.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #27  

Quote:
even if this girl is built to be bonier at that height it doesn't make it right to call her skeletor or judge her weight
But the OP did not NAME her friend or post her photo on a public forum. She was just expressing frustration about someone doing that to her.

There's a difference.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 03-18-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
If a friend asked me not to post a picture, I would either just crop her out if possible or not post it. It doesn't matter the reason why. If they don't want it posted, don't post it.
Exactly!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
But the OP did not NAME her friend or post her photo on a public forum. She was just expressing frustration about someone doing that to her.

There's a difference.
just because she doesn't name the person doesn't make it okay. If shes so offended by the photo there are numerous ways to have it taken down and if her friends that determined to keep it when she knows she doesn't like the picture then choose your friends better.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #30  

Quote:
just because she doesn't name the person doesn't make it okay. If shes so offended by the photo there are numerous ways to have it taken down and if her friends that determined to keep it when she knows she doesn't like the picture then choose your friends better.
LOL sometimes this forum amazes me -- nuff said
Closed Thread