General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #31  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

all the time for the past 3,5 years since i first decided to lose weight seriously. i dread that day! and i can't believe it's been 3 years, by now i could have graduated and enjoyed my life instead of worrying about every calorie and shutting people out. damn.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #32  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

I try not to obsess about my weight but I would say I'm am focused on my goal.
I feel like a bug under a microscope every minuet piece of my being is being scrutinized by people who know I'm on a diet.
I have nightmares that I forget that I'm on a diet and I EAT THE WRONG THING !! OH YEAH , I'M OVER THE EDGE ! I'm OBSESSED and I can't get away from it even in The Land of Nod
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #33  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I think of my weight 24/7.
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #34  

All The Time!! But I love it and am thankful for the awareness and knowledge.

When I wasn't doing anything about changing my lifestyle and losing weight I never thought of my weight.
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Wrong thread! I already posted here!

Last edited by Rana; 01-29-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

I don't know that I am always thinking about it, but it definitely is always at least in the back of my mind......NOW! I'm fine with that because when I didn't think about what I was stuffing in my mouth, I gained a LOT of weight.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #37  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

When I was sick and putting on the pounds, weight was always on my mind. A couple of years ago as I started losing the weight, it was always on my mind. As for the past year up to the present, it's not anymore. I feel like a burden has been lifted off of my shoulders because my day would revolve around what the scale has said that morning or that week. I eventually stopped thinking about my weight so much (MUCH EASIER SAID THAN DONE) and instead started focusing on nutrition and new things I wanted to learn or working on my current skills, thinking about creative things for my husband and I to do together, enjoying my time at work with the kids I take care of, etc etc. Weight will creep up once a week for my official weigh in, but otherwise I push it out of my mind.
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 176/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Yup. It's always in the back of my mind. What is the scale going to say? Should I weigh myself now? Should I wait a few days in between so I can maybe see a drop? This is all going through my head since I can't vocalize since my family is super unsupportive. I wish I was more scale conscious before so I wouldn't have gotten to this point but meh...can't dwell on that now. Who would've thought that me, the person who would close their eyes at the doctors office on the scale and tell the nurses I didn't want to know would be so obsessed over a scale now? And like others have vocalized I'd rather be slightly weight obsessed and getting healthy than oblivious and still obese.
nu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

I think about it quite a bit...

When I shower. I turn to the side and look in the mirror because the first place I notice a change is my stomach. I'm also tempted to weigh myself because the scale is right. There. Crap.

When I wake up and have to pick out clothes. I have a few pairs of jeans that are "10's" but aren't really the same size as my other 10's. My Mom bought them for Christmas so I glance at them sometimes and think, "Some day..." On that note, I'm wearing one such pair right now.

Every time I eat.

Every time I see someone tall and skinny or even short and skinny...yeah, pretty much any time I see someone who is skinny.

Every time I meet a guy I like or see the one guy I wish I could have but know I can't.

Every time I feel depressed about being rejected. I blame my weight/overall attractiveness.

=(

Last edited by Doomkitty; 01-29-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #40  

I have thought constantly about my weight for the past 30 years! and I am 30...!!!!

Especially when I was used to weight myself every morning it was an obession, able to affect the whole day.

For a while I have been freer but now that I am on a diet again the thought has come back...
SimoNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 232/214/185

Height: 5' 11'

I somewhat obsessed with my diet, but opposed to me being obsessed with eating, it's a pleasant change. If being obsessed brings me results, without a health disadvantage, then I'm OK with it.

Rob
weight2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 378/tickers/145

Height: 5'4"

Yes, and I don't like it much, actually. I need to focus on other things, like my art, but I don't handle two or three focuses very well.
coolacrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #43  
Meow

S/C/G: HW: 285+ / tracker

Height: 5'4"ish

Yes and when I stopped obsessing, I stopped losing weight and gained. But I weigh myself everyday and the scale pretty much decides what my mood for that day will be which is not good.
bugsiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

I realized how much I think about my weight and food when I had food poisoning a few weeks ago. I was SO SICK and nauseous so every time I thought of food I would feel disgusted and sick, and I realized then how many times I think of food and my weight!

In fact, at my latest Weight Watchers meeting they said that the average person thinks about food and decisions about food around 250 times per day!!
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:33 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Honestly, no. I've got too much other things on my mind, especially my hubby's health & getting him the care that he needs. Yes, I do think about what I'm eating, that I'm exercising & that I'm drinking plenty of H2O. I don't remember the last time I moved my slider on my signature. That's okay though. I know that I'm doing healthy for myself, that the weight will eventually come off, but it might just be the stress that I'm under that is hanging on to it.
I also really do NOT talk about my journey anywhere but here. I have only 2 people outside of my hubby who know that I'm trying to lose weight...a dear friend & 1 co-worker. Fact is my co-worker is trying to help me figure out how to have my hair styled once I get to my half-way point. She is telling me to keep my gray streak! I'm agreeing with her! All of women in my familiy start going grey with a gray streak in the center of the forehead...I think I'll keep it as a sign of rebellious knowledge!

To be honest, I think constant talk about diet/loosing weight can get old. Also I find people like to try & tell you to try some wacky diet/pill. Nah, not interested. A different exercise? Perhaps. But when it comes to conversations I like to mix it up...news, movies, music, jokes, etc. The more variety the merrier!! Besides I won't always be trying to lose weight...I HOPE! :
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote