General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #31  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
While you owe nobody an explanation, you sort of hit the nail on the head here. A healthy lifestyle is "weird," and most people don't understand it. It's why so many of us have to jump through hoops when we're ordering out just to get something healthy.

Why do I have to specify several times over that I don't want dressing on my salad? Why is that the "weird" choice? Why is the default to slather dressing all over the thing? I found out I actually liked salad because I decided to try some without dressing! It turns out I hated most salad dressings and because I was "supposed to" put dressing on my salad I wound up avoiding it until recently!

It's why I have to watch my food like a hawk if I go to a place where it's made in front of me (Chipotle, Subway, Blimpie, etc.), or check it throughly when I get it in a restaurant. I'm used to it at this point, but still, we should be able to order food and get it the way we want and not be questioned or ridiculed. Yes, I really want my tea black with nothing in it...

This is like when I made that thread about ordering a half-salad at O'Charley's, and they brought me out a full-order. Of course part of that incident was my own fault for not thinking to ask before I dove in, but when I did ask the guy about the half-order salads, he responded and looked at me like I was a weirdo for even trying to order something like that! Why IS it weird to try and be healthy and not consume mass quantities of food?
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
No. LOL. I'm a B tho, so I'm used to that. You were paying for a service and a product and ordered it appropiately. I would have been all 'hey, I wouldnt have lost almost 70lbs if I didn't watch everything I consume..' and give them a look.

Don't feel guilty!
Lol my answer.. im a B.. def need it my way if im payin' for it.
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote