General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #16  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Troutman View Post
There's so much volume over there due to the sheer number of users, the debates aren't even fun. You can make the most amazing point in the world and it gets lost in a matter of seconds. It's not worth your time.
The debates might not be fun but it sounds to me like it is ripe for trolling ...
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
The debates might not be fun but it sounds to me like it is ripe for trolling ...
For sure.
Steve Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #18  

Height: 5'4

LockItUp is absolutely right... but really, so is Steve... anything and everything is turned into a debate over there, and sometimes there is some really fantastic information that gets added to these conversations that gets totally glossed over. Sometimes I find a rare gem, such as an interesting article or a link to a relevant study... but mostly it is a lot of "Do I eat back my exercise calories? Am I in starvation mode? Who else is doing IF? Which is better, almond milk or coconut milk?"

Oh, and the number of posts titled with some variation of "Help! I'm so frustrated! Someone tell me EXACTLY what to do!" is mind-blowing.

John - you are so helpful to so many around here with your straight-talking, no-BS advice and information, but MPF is a whole new beast. The amount of truly ignorant/confused people blows my mind... truly. If you tried to help people over there, it would be a full time job!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #19  

Shoot, I receive over a dozen private messages over there per day. God forbid I miss a few days of signing in... my inbox becomes unmanageable. What's crazy is the eery similarity between almost every single one of the questions.

The trend I see over there is a lot of relatively lean women trying to get leaner who diet too hard in conjunction with training too hard.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #20  

Just read the first bit of that article and it looks great, will go back and finish it later. Thanks very much for sharing!
maddy5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy5678 View Post
Just read the first bit of that article and it looks great, will go back and finish it later. Thanks very much for sharing!
You're welcome. Thanks very much for investing the time in reading it. I'd be interested in hearing if your positive stance remained throughout the remainder of the article.

And if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #22  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Thank you times a million for the link! I favorited it so I can go back and read it again. Currently read the first two sections, working on the rest!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Hurricane View Post
Thank you times a million for the link! I favorited it so I can go back and read it again. Currently read the first two sections, working on the rest!
My pleasure. Thanks for investing the time and I'm glad you're finding it useful. I'm interested in hearing what you thought of the rest, assuming you've read it.