General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #31  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

I think I'm naturally a night person, but I can get up early if I need to. I had a seasonal job a few years ago that usually required me to be at work at 4:30am. I did it (and got more hours than I would've otherwise, since nobody else wanted that time), but didn't particularly like that aspect of the job.

If I'm scheduled to work or volunteer I usually get up between 7-8am, depending on what time I need to be where I've committed to being. I've been trying (kind of) to get up around the same time on weekends, but that's had mixed success. Unless I'm sick or stayed up way, way too late, then I'm usually up by 10-11 at the latest on weekends.

Ideally, I'd be in bed by 9:30 every night, since I've found getting between 9 and 10 hours of sleep is optimal for me. That hardly ever happens. I'm in grad school and am usually up until 11:30 or later with schoolwork every night. Between semesters I usually get to bed at a more reasonable hour. When I was just working and not going to school I tended to get to bed earlier too, although the particular hour depended on what time I needed to be at whatever job I had at the time.

When I was unemployed and not in school I got into the habit of going to bed about 10 or 11pm and getting up about 8:30 or 9:30am.

Like some of the other posters, falling asleep has often been difficult for me. It takes me a long time to "wind down" mentally, which is probably part of my ADHD. It can take me hours to fall asleep unless I'm completely exhausted, "sleepy" drunk, or using meditation techniques to force my mind to settle down.

And yeah, going online (3FC included) doesn't help.

Last edited by theox; 06-11-2011 at 11:32 PM.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

I am most definitely a morning person. I am up with the birds and the sun (I hear that first chirp of the day) ~ 4:30 ish and jump out of bed full of energy. I do not use an alarm. I naturally will sleep 7.5-8 hours a night. I am also down with the sun too and head to bed 8:00 ish. I rarely see much of a 9:00 show on TV. Computer use rarely affects my schedule.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

I'm the worst night owl. I stay up until 3 am. Falls asleep at 4 am. Wake up at 12-1. I never get anything done during the day.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #34  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Bedtime varies, wake up does not.

I have a 6 year old and 3 year old, and have to wake up at 7am on school days. Sometimes I can push it to 7:30 since the school is about a block away, but I have to rush. On the weekends I tend to wake up between 9am and 9:30 if the kids don't wake up first.

I generally try to get to bed before midnight on most nights, but I'm usually in bed or asleep by 11pm. Sometimes I'll get caught up in conversations at friends houses on the weekend, or really into a movie and not get to bed until 2 or 3, but that doesn't happen often.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by theox View Post
Like some of the other posters, falling asleep has often been difficult for me. It takes me a long time to "wind down" mentally, which is probably part of my ADHD. It can take me hours to fall asleep unless I'm completely exhausted, "sleepy" drunk, or using meditation techniques to force my mind to settle down.
I have ADHD too, and I find that stopping ALL of my attention consuming activities (things I tend to hyper-focus on) helps. For instance, no TV, computer, reading or cleaning after 10pm, preferably earlier, but hey! Once the kids go to sleep at 8:30 I have things I need and want to do while they're asleep! To wind down I listen to music and play solitare on my iPod while laying in bed. Gets me ready to sleep in about 20-30 minutes.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #36  
Knocking down walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
I have ADHD too, and I find that stopping ALL of my attention consuming activities (things I tend to hyper-focus on) helps. For instance, no TV, computer, reading or cleaning after 10pm, preferably earlier, but hey! Once the kids go to sleep at 8:30 I have things I need and want to do while they're asleep! To wind down I listen to music and play solitare on my iPod while laying in bed. Gets me ready to sleep in about 20-30 minutes.
Cool! I always like to hear about what works for people. Unfortunately, thinking itself is what keeps me up, no matter what else I've been doing or not doing, so I've found using meditation techniques to be the best way to get to sleep.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #37  

Me too, which is why I distract myself with the Solitare.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #38  
Knocking down walls.

LOL. I wish I could do that. But I just spend hours playing games or listening to music when I try that sort of thing. And then I still feel compelled to think!

Oh well. It all works out.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #39  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I'm not going to complain (at least to myself) anymore about a 6:45am wake up call. We're almost always in bed by 10pm. BF has sleep problems, so he tends to get up during the night, and is up for good by about 4am. Weeknights I usually don't even go on the computer. Weekends I sleep in maybe 1/2 hour, and maybe will go to bed 1/2 later (rarely). Wow, what a pattern fiend I am.

I have had periods of insomnia, where it takes me a while to get to sleep. Now, with work and the gym and etc, I don't find that to be a problem. I can exercise up to 10 minutes before I hit bed, and still will fall asleep easily. The only things that helped me fall asleep where 1) chamomile tea, 2) reading, 3) counting backwards from 100, repeating until I'd fall asleep.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #40  
ugggg.....

through the week...wake up is by 6 AM...bedtime between 9 and 10....Friday is my only sleep in day...but the weekends....al revolves around my one year old grandson...

Friday night he went to bed at 10 and got up at 5ish...hubby got up...let me sleep to 8 and then went back to bed...Saturday night...yikes...he went to bed at 8 decided 2:30 AM was time to wake up...went down for two hours at 6 am....

I am too old for the sleep deprivation...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:13 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 455/434.5/225

Height: 6'3''

Generally, I'm asleep by 1:30-2 am and up around 8-10 am...I have to be COMPLETELY wiped out to wake up later than 10:15am...I always intend to get 8hrs, but it rarely works out that way...
TheRightWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #42  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixC Chix View Post
I am most definitely a morning person. I am up with the birds and the sun (I hear that first chirp of the day) ~ 4:30 ish and jump out of bed full of energy. I do not use an alarm. I naturally will sleep 7.5-8 hours a night. I am also down with the sun too and head to bed 8:00 ish
Where I live, in the summer time it starts getting light at 4:30 AM.
That's very different from when I used to live on the east coast of the US and it started getting light at 6:15 or so.
I naturally wake up earlier here.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 202/183/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm usually up around 6:30, but my cat has been waking me up around 5:30 the last week or so. I'm definitely a morning person, I love waking up with the sun

I go to bed around 9:30-10, early for a girl in her early twenties, but I need 9 hours of sleep or I'm kinda cranky. Plus it allows me to get up early, which I like. Sometimes I may be up later due to a show or movie I'm watching, or I'll go to bed earlier, but that's only when I'm sick.

I've never really been delayed in going to bed because of being on the computer. I have an iPhone, so I'll usually check facebook or msn right before I fall asleep.
maita88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 222/205/150

Height: 5'1"

I'm like Teresa66, I'm up at 4:30 every morning & in bed by 9 but fall asleep somewhere between 9:30 and 10p. To include weekends most of the time. I try to sleep in but all I do is dose off and on and wake up more tired. LOL

I'm one of those folks that don't need 8 hours of sleep. Never have.

Once I'm awake I'm ready to rumble. LOl
Have a great week everyone.
Scarlett435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 324/268/140

I love mornings! I'm usually in the sack no later than 10pm. Sometimes later. I'd like for it to be earlier, but my husband's a night owl. We're both up by 6:30. I'd love to wake up with the sun though. Since I live in the city I have to cover up my windows really well, the lights bother me at night, so I don't actually know that the sun has come up. We're usually out doing our workout by 7am.
Armida is offline   Reply With Quote