General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Praying for you to have strength and guidance right now!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:23 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandchick1 View Post
I'm SO GLAD that you & kiddos are ok
I think you are making the right decision. You can still get marriage couseling and the like, and perhaps you two can still work things out, but I think your being SAFE is the most important thing here. He seems to be showing a lot of the classic signs of an abuser and I was very worried for you & your kids. I do you hope that you will find some true happiness and listening to your head instead of your heart in this type of situation is the best. I am happy that you have some family support here too, because so many women in your situation become alienated from friends and family. I am breathing a sigh of relief for you
Ditto to every word.
So glad to hear you're taking this step. You'll be better of in the long run .
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #33  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I say take this as a gift. I know that sounds weird. I know it doesn't feel like that now. But it's very likely this will only happen again. It sounds like you have a plan to get out and it sounds like a good, solid one.

I'm living through you. Depression SUCKS!! I want out, but my husband is NOT cruel. Yours is. The things he has said to you are just awful and drinking all day is no way to solve a problem. He is being verbally abusive turning everything he thinks about himself back onto you. He's making you second guess yourself. I feel like he's trying to mold you into a 1950's wife and that isn't you. That's ok! We aren't all meant to be out of that era!

You're a wonderful, strong woman. Please do what is best for you. What is best for you will be what is best for you children.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #34  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Just to add my thoughts and best wishes to you.
I've been there and suffered all the degradation just like you have had. You are doing the right thing getting out especially as the children deserve to have a peaceful and as happy as possible environment to grow in.
My children have all suffered various ill effects from having to put up with very stressful situations but in my day there were not the help and guidance that exist today.
Keep strong and determined.
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote