General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-24-2009, 10:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/147/120

Height: 5'5"

Default Post-Op Hip Pain, Any Suggestions

Hello Again All,

I posted awhile back inquiring about other people's experiences with surgery and it really helped reassure me that so many others have been through it and survived. I've been MIA for about 2 weeks because I had to go in for foot surgery and was busy adjusting/recovering. It's good to be back though.

During the whole recovery time I had a walking boot that the doctor gave me - it went up to the knee, had a raised sole, and basically acted like a cast except it could be velcroed on and off. I am so glad to be out of that thing . That thing was torture on the knee! Has anyone else experienced anything like that?

I thought that without the walking boot I would feel less stress on my joints, but I guess not. I managed to cram my foot into a gym shoe - not uncomfortable, but a bit snug - and thought that I would feel better walking on even ground. I'm not sure what's going on, but now my hip and knee are killing me. Could it be from limping? I'm trying to not limp and test out my theory, but that puts more pain/stress on my foot and I can't keep doing that even though I feel a bit better hip/knee-wise. Thank goodness for the knee brace I put on today - the pressure and heat seem to be making my knee feel better, but my hip, oh boy!

The doctor wasn't helpful at all when I called about it saying that I should give it some more time to wait and see what happens because it's possible that my body's just adjusting to walking on level ground. That painfully!??!?!

Anyone go through something similar after foot surgery? Anyone have any tips?
paniania is offline   Reply With Quote