General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #61  

I was just thinking of a good game for you guys -- everyone has to go to the oldest thread they posted on and try to revive it in any manner possible -- the person with the oldest thread revived/most subsequent postings-- wins!!

Just kidding -- I love checking in on this thread -- it has been noncontroversial, light/fluffy and just casual -- sometimes you need a good conversation!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 04:53 AM   #62  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
I was just thinking of a good game for you guys -- everyone has to go to the oldest thread they posted on and try to revive it ...
Now that's one scary thought.

Some sleeping dogs can be nasty when they wake up, LOL.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:34 AM   #63  
Operator265

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
But, meanwhile, a question for you. How many gears do you grind through to get that truck moving when it's fully loaded?

Curious minds want to know.
Well, trucks anymore have auto transmissions, so you don't have to actually work your gears. You can just choose which gear to lock in to prevent the trans from going to high when going downhill or keep from skipping up into 2nd gear when going uphill then dropping back into first and spilling your load all over the road.

But, when I was a oiler/fueler I drove a standard trans/diesel lube truck. I didn't have a trainer, but I had driven standard trans cars all my life. Turns out you shift a whole lot more in a diesel than a gasoline powered rig b/c the power bands are shorter. Took a couple of weeks for me to figure it out. From what I hear, most of those trucks are going to auto trans too. Now, even an idiot can get by in them. But they still tend to tear stuff up b/c of lack of quality training in the general operation of equipment.

OK. Now that we've bored the living **** out of everyone with this yap...

Back to the insanity!!!

Old 11-24-2008, 06:02 AM   #64  
Super Moderator

Thumbs down Automatic transmission

hmmm... automatic transmission on a 200 ton truck. I suppose ...

Anyway, thanks for the answer. Maybe I could learn to drive one of those for my next job. Anything to get to wear that yellow rubber duckie outfit, LOL.

Isn't this a tad early for WY time? Or a tad late for a working person?
Old 11-24-2008, 07:16 AM   #65  
Operator265

I'm on my two week grave rotation, so I slept during the day yesterday. I try to maintain my grave cycle on my days off between the two, but this week I have to get a few things ready for Tday and take care of some errands and such where I must deal with "Normies". Therefore, I will probably wind up batsh*t nuts by the end of my next grave shift.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #66  
Operator265

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
hmmm... automatic transmission on a 200 ton truck. I suppose ...

Anyway, thanks for the answer. Maybe I could learn to drive one of those for my next job. Anything to get to wear that yellow rubber duckie outfit, LOL.
Yes, as I stated in my earlier post, even and Idiot can drive them.

But it takes a certain level quality and intelligence to become a true Operator. Don't worry though, we don't have many operators where I work.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:36 AM   #67  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I think we would all like to have a yellow rubber ducky outfit. Operator, you're a trend setter!
Old 11-24-2008, 09:05 AM   #68  
Operator265

Me purty, yes?

Old 11-24-2008, 09:06 PM   #69  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I was in the second row field level to see my dil wave her pom-poms against those Colts last night
Old 11-25-2008, 05:50 AM   #70  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Aha, da Operator isn't looking so I can get in the last post of the day.

Rain is projected around here. I fondly remember going to school in the rain wearing a hooded raincoat and rubber boots. Don't remember if they were yellow, but must have been - I don't think the other colors had been invented yet, LOL.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:00 AM   #71  
Super Moderator

Thumbs down Ouch for being Vinatierized

Gary - Ouch for your heart pounding game against the Colts, and Double Ouch that it was Adam Vinatieri who kicked an unbelievable field goal with little time left.

Know that name well. We loved him as a New England Patriot and mourn the day we lost him. (Unlike some players we loved but didn't mourn so much, referring manninshly of course.)

You have "second row field level" seats to the San Diego Chargers' games!!! That's some good seating.

And you have a DIL who's a professional cheerleader for the Chargers? Are you just dreaming all this?
Old 11-25-2008, 06:10 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

There's a dress code here?
Old 11-25-2008, 07:29 AM   #73  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Bill, who are we to question what happens in Gary's world? I've heard that it is a "special" place.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:15 AM   #74  
Super Moderator

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Bill, who are we to question what happens in Gary's world? I've heard that it is a "special" place.
You bet!!!

With flying monkies and talking scarecrows and good witches and bad witches.

And, of course, behind the curtain, the wizzard himself ...
Old 11-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I think you guys have had a little bit too much eggnog. Aren't you rushing the season a little bit?
Closed Thread