General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-01-2007, 09:56 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

gary - you know i'm a trouble maker right

clydegirl - i didn't get to watch the game..had to work...but had a gf updating me with scores. maybe next week i can hunt down a small tv to bring to work with me LOL

i was happy to see michigan knocked off their high horse and loose. I'm tired of them.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #47  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Default USC vs. Idaho

I've been thinking about the USC vs. Idaho game last night. SC could learn a thing or two from Idaho's players. Those guys played with more heart for all 4 quarters than USC bothered to show at any point in the game! I found myself rooting for the little guy. Undersized, underexperienced, underskilled they were, but if games were won based on pure effort and spunk, they were the real winners last night. Come on, 15 freshmen? A redshirt freshman QB who hasn't played a game since high school? They certainly did not embarrass themselves at all.

I will say SC's tribute to Mario Danelo after their first touchdown was very touching...
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:39 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

you are right gary...it does look like tebow is gonna be a pretty good QB...i didn't get to see the game (was at work) but what i read and the highlights i saw looked pretty good. I just would love to see another one of his slam dunks like he did last year...i think donovan taught him a few moves LMAO
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 PM   #49  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
I'm a big U of IOWA Hawkeye fan. My daughter played in the band for four years and we loved going to the ban's pregame show. Just a huge pep rally with so much energy. Katie got to go to four bowl games in four years, one being with USC in the Orange Bowl. Not a pretty game for us. The most exciting was beating LSU in the last 6 seconds in 2005's Capital One Bowl. It was picked as one of the ten most exciting college plays of the bowl season by ESPN. I only wish that we had splurged and attended a bowl game while our daughter was there. We played Northern Illinois in Soldier's Field in Chicago today and were victorious! Kind of a rebuilding year for us. We sat in the students' section once, and only once when we played Wisconsin several years ago. There were a few Wisconsin students that managed to be sitting a few rows behind us. They were so drunk that halfway through the game they decided it was too much trouble to go to the men's room, so they just did their business in the stands! Never again will I sit in the students' section.
How AWESOME ANNE! For your daughter and you to experience that! I sat in the student section of USC games back in '73 - '75...it was crowded but, nope, never got on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhighlan86 View Post
GO 'EERS We won 62-21 woot woot

EZ our stadium cheered when they announced that michigan and notre dame lost!
Now that is what I like to hear! But then if SC had played and lost I am SURE it would have been the same ....as it should be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
gary - you know i'm a trouble maker right

Why else would you be my FAVORITE vet?

clydegirl - i didn't get to watch the game..had to work...but had a gf updating me with scores. maybe next week i can hunt down a small tv to bring to work with me LOL

i was happy to see michigan knocked off their high horse and loose. I'm tired of them.
Aren't we all? except maybe my buddy at church (who didn't come last night...wonder why?) Pastor even had it in his sermon!! About expect the unexpected and nothing is for sure except through Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
I've been thinking about the USC vs. Idaho game last night. SC could learn a thing or two from Idaho's players. Those guys played with more heart for all 4 quarters than USC bothered to show at any point in the game! I found myself rooting for the little guy. Undersized, underexperienced, underskilled they were, but if games were won based on pure effort and spunk, they were the real winners last night. Come on, 15 freshmen? A redshirt freshman QB who hasn't played a game since high school? They certainly did not embarrass themselves at all.

I will say SC's tribute to Mario Danelo after their first touchdown was very touching...
C.C. ~ I too was a little disappointed about half way through the second quarter. Idaho played BIGThat was an awesome tribute! My son and his buddies were watching at Hooters here in Oceanside and they were all texting me making sure I saw it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
you are right gary...it does look like tebow is gonna be a pretty good QB...Yea, I'm NOT too excited about it But as long as it doesn't hurt my TROJANS good luck to ya! i didn't get to see the game (was at work) but what i read and the highlights i saw looked pretty good. I just would love to see another one of his slam dunks like he did last year...i think donovan taught him a few moves LMAO
All in all...excluding MICHIGAN...I think most games went as expected. SC is off next week...probably a good thing...re-group.... and re-focus....hype is hype...their second half would not have beat most teams they play.

Enjoy your teams!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:11 PM   #50