General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-12-2007, 08:05 AM   #61  
Addicted to potato salad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Wait til you meet those MIGHTY DUCKS!

techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:01 PM   #62  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thanks TECH for the support

I told you I might be a bit pre-mature (yeah ~ like I don't hear that enough from Angie ) in offering you a spot in our UNDERDUCK club.

Besides, if DETROIT does win...it won't be all bad...watching idiots burn their city down after a CHAMPIONSHIP is always good for a few laughs....you know how it is....oops! I guess you don't

ice-ice baby....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #63  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

all kidding aside for now TECH...tough loss for you Sabre fans
Old 05-13-2007, 03:14 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

WAY TO GO, SENATORS!!! LET'S DO IT TWO MORE TIMES AT HOME! ABB ... Anybody but Buffalo!!!
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:09 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by babenwaiting View Post
WAY TO GO, SENATORS!!! LET'S DO IT TWO MORE TIMES AT HOME! ABB ... Anybody but Buffalo!!!
Yes, I imagine the Sens fans must feel quite vindicated...that was quite a devistating trip to Pominville you guys had in the playoffs last year!! If you get my drift!!

BUT...

I'm not sayin the Sabres will beat the Sens...it looks quite dismal for us in Buffalo...but the Sabres ARE much better on the road so it may not be as easy as ya think. The Sens have been the hardest team for the Sabres to beat all year and I was SO rooting for New Jersey. Promise me you won't rub it in my face if I'm wrong, but I STILL BELIEVE!!! LET'S GO BUFFALO!! (Hey, they're my team!! I have to be foolishly optimistic!!) ABO!!!

Gary: You really crack me up!!

Susan: In the first game, the last score was on an empty net...so it would have been 4-2 if they'd have kept Miller in.

By the way...even Don Cherry (and he ALWAYS roots for the Canadian teams) said that first goal by Vanek last night should have stayed. That was crapola. Briere's goal to tie should have been the game winning goal... Bad Kharma may just work against the Sens!!! I'm hoping!!
Old 05-13-2007, 11:32 PM   #66  

WAY TO GO, ANAHEIM!!!

TechWife, I promise no face-rubbing! I'm just a temporary SENS fan (actually a Caniac!)

HOCKEY PLAYOFFS ARE JUST PLAIN FUN!

GO SENATORS!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:10 AM   #67  

Babe: I'm just glad we have someone else posting in our lonely little hockey thread. Even if you are an Anybody But Buffalo fan.

Gary: Looks like your Mighty Ducks became Lucky Ducks last night!! I fell asleep watching. These overtime games are doing nothing for my beauty sleep!!

LET'S GO BUFFALO!! WOOOOOO!!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:36 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I just can't stay awake that long!
My Dh says I'm a hockey fan. I'll watch almost any old game but I don't really have a favourite team. I'll admit that I'm leaning toward the Sens. The Canadian team and I'm pretty impressed by them ... tough and hangin' in.
I adore Chris Pronger but I'm not sure Anaheim has the she-bang to hang in there til the end. However ...
Detroit is looking ... tired? maybe? Gotta love Chris Chelios! Just a few months younger than me and still a driving force in a very physically demanding sport.
Who can resist a bit of adoration for Buffalo when Tech loves them sooo much? And I do think they've got guts, drive and determination.
I'm up in the air. I thought a Detroit/Buffalo final would be fine but now I'm not too sure.

Hey, Canada won the World Hockey Championship!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:38 AM   #69  

....here lies my last shred of dignity and hope for the City of Buffalo to have a championship game come home...no super bowls...no stanley cups...ever...
Old 05-15-2007, 05:13 PM   #70  

WAY TO GO, SENATORS!!! LET'S DO IT ONE MORE TIME ...

Techwife, I feel for you as a devoted fan but I just can't like your guys!!! (Fans behaved too badly in Carolina last year at the play-offs, but I know that's not everyone.) If the Sabres pulled off a miracle, I could be just a tad happy for you ............. but I'd rather not!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:23 PM   #71  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
....here lies my last shred of dignity and hope for the City of Buffalo to have a championship game come home...no super bowls...no stanley cups...ever...
It ain't over yet TECH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
I adore Chris Pronger but I'm not sure Anaheim has the she-bang to hang in there til the end.

She-bang SUSAN? Sounds a little like William Hung dont'cha think? Sha bang sha bang..our most favorite American Idol eV...ERRR! Our team is real ducky...join us won't you?

Hey, Canada won the World Hockey Championship!
Didn't see it in my southern California sports page

Quote:
WAY TO GO, SENATORS!!! LET'S DO IT ONE MORE TIME ...

Techwife, I feel for you as a devoted fan but I just can't like your guys!!! (Fans behaved too badly in Carolina last year at the play-offs, but I know that's not everyone.) If the Sabres pulled off a miracle, I could be just a tad happy for you ............. but I'd rather not!
Who are you? and why are you such a trouble maker?
Old 05-15-2007, 09:38 PM   #72  

EZMoney, sorry if you consider an honest opinion from someone to be troublemaking. WHO ARE YOU to make such a judgment? I'm pulling for the Senators, and that should offend no one. This is a hockey thread, right? Not for one team exclusively. You have a good evening.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:00 PM   #73  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
EZMoney, sorry if you consider an honest opinion from someone to be troublemaking. WHO ARE YOU to make such a judgment? I'm pulling for the Senators, and that should offend no one. This is a hockey thread, right? Not for one team exclusively. You have a good evening.
Who ruffled your feathers?
Old 05-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #74  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

If you knew me Babenwaiting...you would know that I was sooo NOT serious!!

I will have a good evening though...even if the DUCKS are down 4-0 the last I checked.

Man oh man, that just quacked me up
Old 05-16-2007, 07:19 AM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
If you knew me Babenwaiting...you would know that I was sooo NOT serious!!
But, he was a LITTLE serious as he and I have been talking about hockey all year and he knows I'm a dedicated Sabres fan that is seriously heartbroken at the moment and then YOU came along and started jumping up and down on my broken, bleeding heart with all of your anti-Buffalo sentiment. Gary was just sticking up for me. I mean, in all reality and seriousness, I'm a Western NY girl and have been a Buffalo sports fan all of my life and come across anti-Buffalo fans all the time. I mean, the Senators don't even appear to be your favorite team, but I've watched every single Sabres game all year. Do you have a favorite team? Maybe I need to make that team my anti-team! And, whatever the Sabres fans did last year during playoffs is just...well, playoff attitude! You said it yourself, the playoffs are FUN! People get into it! Give 'em a couple beers and they get obnoxious and give a bad name for the rest of us. As for the Hurricanes...they're BINKY-SUCKING BABIES AND I'M GLAD THEY DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR!! :P So, there!! I feel a tiny bit better now. A TINY bit.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!
may be the last chance I have to say it until next season...God help me if Briere or Drury get traded over the summer...
(I just saw this broccoli in the smilies! Isn't he cool!)