General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-04-2007, 03:34 AM   #136  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Oh techwife, you have a hockey buddy now to talk hockey all year, if you want. It's the one thing that gets me through the brutal winters up here- love, love hockey.

What in tarnation went on with Nylander? First, he was suppose to be heading to Edmonton, but ended up in Washington. Allegedly, his agent made deals with two teams?

Oh, and Boston got a Thornton back- Shawn, that is. Let's hope he adds some grit we desperately need!

I don't understand Chiarelli giving up Kalus for Fernandez......I was so angry when I heard about that trade, I just about exploded. Give me Mike O'Connell back as GM.....
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #137  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
The only thing more coma-inducing than baseball is NPR. ......:
hummm.........well...I am from SOUTHERN California and we don't listen to NPR down here....but a remark like that, coming from folks that think "curling" is a sport...well, I'll just attribute it to the cold and brain freeze
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:46 PM   #138  
Addicted to potato salad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelslady View Post
Oh techwife, you have a hockey buddy now to talk hockey all year, if you want. It's the one thing that gets me through the brutal winters up here- love, love hockey.

What in tarnation went on with Nylander? First, he was suppose to be heading to Edmonton, but ended up in Washington. Allegedly, his agent made deals with two teams?

Oh, and Boston got a Thornton back- Shawn, that is. Let's hope he adds some grit we desperately need!

I don't understand Chiarelli giving up Kalus for Fernandez......I was so angry when I heard about that trade, I just about exploded. Give me Mike O'Connell back as GM.....
I couldn't be more MAD at the Sabres management. What a bunch of jerks. But we still have some great players...Pominville, Afinogenov, Kotalik, Roy, VANEK!! And we just re-signed Numminen. I love him because he's one of the sole remaining players that was born in the 60's...only about five years younger than me and, so, when I think he's a hottie, I don't feel like such a pedophile!!

Gary: Baseball is SO BORING! The only thing I like about it is the neat little squares they mow into the lawn and the hotdogs. Oh, and the tight pants the players wear. Really...my grampa used to LOVE baseball and used to play it all the time on local teams. Its fun if you're AT the game, but to watch it on TV is a total snooze fest!!

Susan: Sakic looks like he sucked his lips into a vacuum cleaner!! Actually, nobody is as cute as Briere. But looking at him now makes my head hurt because he's now a FLYER of all things. I can't believe it...what a nightmare!!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:58 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Briere went to Philly? and my DH the flyer's fan never even mentioned it?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #140  

Susan...he may be in shock...7yrs/52Million!! 10 Million the first year. He's my favorite, but that's a TON of money and I think he'll choke with the pressure of trying to live up to the cash. The Sabres offered him 5yrs/25 million...which most people thought was low after being AllStar MVP and a great year. And we lost Drury to the Rangers. And Zubie is with the Devils. It's just gonna be a weird year seeing my favorites in the competition's jerseys. But....that's hockey!!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #141  
Going down, my way!

I think the lastest salary cap has been the worst thing that's happened to hockey. Teams players are constantly turning over- the faces change so much from year to year. We have two players left that were on the team before the lockout!

I can't believe Briere and Drury are gone from Buffalo. Afinogenov is awesome- he scares me every time we play against Buffalo.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:32 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh yes, the players sure move around a lot more. I think from a marketting point of view that's a good thing. For instance ... DH would probably not go to Buffalo for a game but if Philly is in Toronto, we'd go. So we might see Briere this year. And look at sweater sales! Ryan Smith's Grandmother will have a closet full.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:23 PM   #143  
Going down, my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Oh yes, the players sure move around a lot more. I think from a marketting point of view that's a good thing. For instance ... DH would probably not go to Buffalo for a game but if Philly is in Toronto, we'd go. So we might see Briere this year. And look at sweater sales! Ryan Smith's Grandmother will have a closet full.
Maybe from a marketing point of view, but from a fans, I think it's hard. I mean, I hardly know the guys on the team the last three years, as they keep changing. We end up with a 75-80 percent roster change by October, and you have to get used to new guys and the way they play. I can just imagine how hard it must be for all the players to gel with musical linemates du jour going on every year.

I'm not really looking forward to this season. Our new GM is making an even bigger mess than what they previous guy did of the team. Fans of Boston have now nicknamed the team "The Boston Ruins". So sad, when you consider all the rich history this team has, to see it come to this.

I'm also a Maple Leaf fan. Tucker is my favorite player on the Leafs, I wouldn't mind having him in Boston.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:41 PM   #144  
Mel

It's a good thing that the Flyers roster and management changed! I can't wait to see Briere play here. Now if we'd just gotten Drury too.....

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:35 PM   #145  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
Gary: Baseball is SO BORING! The only thing I like about it is the neat little squares they mow into the lawn and the hotdogs. Oh, and the tight pants the players wear. Really...my grampa used to LOVE baseball and used to play it all the time on local teams. Its fun if you're AT the game, but to watch it on TV is a total snooze fest!! .........
:f rypan:

Oh my TECH ~ come on over to our ALL ABOUT BASEBALL thread and tell my gals that!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:26 PM   #146  

Gary! December 5! Get your Ducks/Sabres tickets and see a REAL game!!! The Sabres are doing a Southern California tour visiting the Ducks/Kings/Sharks! Finally, some REAL hockey for you guys!! (I know...the Ducks won the cup...blah, blah, blah...but REAL hockey players don't live amongst palm trees!!)
Old 07-11-2007, 11:34 PM   #147  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Oh PAAA ~ LEEEZZZ TECH ~You act like we don't really have winter here in southern California...

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:00 PM.