General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #91  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Working as a pediatric nurse, I'm heard several names that makes one wonder if the mothers were on crack...

Twins---Lemonjello (pronounded la-mon-ja-low) and Orangejello. I swear it's the truth!! Another set of twins...Roy Roger & John Wayne.

A mother who swore that she heard the most beautiful name after she delivered her baby girl---Placenta! (must have been the drugs)

A baby in the intensive care unit called---Myson. And yes he was a boy!

Lastly...this one is my all time favorite...S**thead (pronounced Shi-theed)
Old 01-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #92  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Have any of you read Freakonomics? There's an entire chapter devoted to naming trends and how they are directly correlated to education levels and race of the parents (analyzed separately). Misspellings in particular are usually a sign of low education parents, and apparently there is a much wider range of names in African American families than in white families. This isn't moralistic, its simply looking at the statistical data and showing the relationships. For instance, top twenty white girl names that best signify low education parents - Angel (11.38 years of average maternal education), Heaven, Misty, Destiny, Brenda, Tabatha, Bobbie, Brandy, Destinee, Cindy, Jazmine, Shyanne, Britany, Mercedes, Tiffanie, Ashly, Tonya, Crystal, Brandie, and Brandi (12.17 years of average maternal education). Anyway, there's a TON of really interesting information in the book, not just about names - you should all go out and buy it immediately
Old 01-27-2007, 06:46 PM   #93  
Bekka

I second the not naming kids wiht all the same letter - Being an RRR myself. In fact, RR is my double last name from my father, E is the middle initial, and my mother kept her maiden name... so I exist as like 10 people according to the SAT board, for instance. *sigh*
Old 01-27-2007, 08:00 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Well my kids names aren't all that usuall but I love them (obviously). My name is Jennifer and In my High School (of over 3000 students) in one class ther were 3 Jennifer's and 1 Jenny, 2 of us Jennifer's had the same last name and middle initial.

DD#1 is Ocean (got this from an actress on a show when I was a kid, I saw it and said I would name my kid that and I did) Mae (family name passed down )

DD#2 is Katarina Elizabeth, her name is not all that unsuall not too many people here have it but evryone skips the second a

DS is Jayden Malcolm, for him it was between Jayden and Jansen and I got out voted.

DD#3 is Aurora Marie, I loved this name and they hubby spent 2 pregnacies practicing it (he doesn't like Isabella)

I wanted somthing positive for all my kids so if a name had a negative meaning to it I will not use it. All middle names are passed down they mine(Mae), my husbands(Malcolm) and my sister's(Marie passed down on my dad's side) middle names and my ex's grandmother's name,Elizabeth. She passeed away 10 days before I had Ocean but the oldest Daughter was getting my middle name so I gave it to my second.

Another boy name I have always liked was Sebastien but the hubby and his ex had s names and planned on naming their kids 's' names so that ruined it for me.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:02 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

I did a lot of research on names before I had my first baby, and one of the biggest faux pas in naming a kid, is having the same amount of syllables paired with the same sounding endings, such as:

~Kelly Richey

~Sampson Carson

~Tonya Banya

It makes them too "sing-songy".
Old 01-28-2007, 08:52 PM   #96  
resident lactivist

Came across another winner at work:

Scyyangel Kerrmartinez.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:36 PM   #97  
Bekka

Sabra, can I just say how much I LOVE your name (I happen to wish I were a native born israeli myself...) and its one of my favorites for a girl, one day?
Old 02-01-2007, 01:31 AM   #98  
Awesome Iana :P

Alice. After the band Alice in Chains, lol.

I'd like to name all my kids after bands, songs and/or musicians.
Closed Thread