Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-29-2008, 12:48 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Tilapia, breaded with whole-wheat panko and baked. And roasted carrots -- with just a little bit of olive oil and some thyme.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:44 PM   #32  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Creamy herb chicken stew. It's something I kind of came up with on my own, but I'm sure it's similar to any other chicken stew recipe: 98% ff cream of celery soup, low sodium chicken stock, chicken breast, carrots, asparagus, Kashi pilaf, thyme and rosemary. I'm not sure if I'm going to want to add any other seasonings at the end, as this is a new invention, but I guess we'll see!
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:41 PM   #33  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Salmon cakes with a yogurt dill sauce and a salad with roasted beets, goat cheese, and raspberry vinaigrette.
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:03 PM   #34  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I had tofu stirfry with tons of different veggies in a spicy ginger sauce...over brown and wild rice.

Yesterday was Orange and Soy Glazed pork chops, green beans with garlic and lemon, and whole grain rice pilaf.

The day before - Penne with rustic tomato sauce, chicken sausage, and roasted vegetables (including zucchini, bell pepper, and red onion).

Tomorrow - my current favorite, sausage and lentil soup
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:50 AM   #35  
Captain Obvious

Height: 5'8

Wow, you guys have such fancy sounding dinners! Can I come over for dinner? Today I had white bean soup, orange and some grapes.
gastronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #36  

Tonight is a tomatoe sauce with onion, garlic, mushroom and spinach, served over whole weat pasta with boneless skinless chicken breast.
Mayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Tonight is my bf's and my cooking night. We make a dinner we've been wanting to try and then watch ****'s kitchen. Tonight we're making pulled chicken bbq sandwiches (smillar to pulled pork, but less time consuming and less fat) with roasted sweet potatos and chipotle aoili. My bf will probably make his wicked ceaser vinagrette dressing (so yummy and half the calories and fat of a creamy ceaser!) to round out the meal.

Last edited by shantroy; 04-08-2008 at 05:19 PM.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #38  
Moderating Mama

Week's menus (excepting today...we're going out, and I've got my healthy order all planned...bbq salmon over a mixed greens salad with garlic balsamic dressing).

Yesterday - Teriyaki chicken skewers with red onion, bell pepper, and pineapple, Asian-style red cabbage slaw, multigrain rice pilaf from Trader Joes

Wednesday - Beef lettuce cups (combination of 4% fat ground beef, carrot, cucumber, red bell pepper and cellophane noodles, with sauce, served in butter lettuce.

Thursday - Pork tenderloin stuffed w/ laughing cow and roasted red pepper, parmesan polenta, steamed broccoli.

Friday - Herb-dijon grilled chicken, sauteed zucchini, red pepper and garlic whole wheat couscous.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:35 PM   #39  
Recovering perfectionist

S/C/G: 250/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

I had no idea this thread kept going (now I know how to 'subscribe, lol!) There are so many great ideas, I don't think I'll ever be at a loss for menus ever again. SusanB, thanks for the tomato/avocado recipe...there's two more on the counter!

Last night, we made home made pizza, using home-made dough and a home-made sauce recipe. Spouse and I each made our own, 'cause I'm the only one counting calories. The dough turned out great (see recipe here) The sauce was one of spouse's recipes that I didn't hate, but didn't love. Anyone have a good one?

WW pizza crust topped with sauce, black olives, onions, sliced LF italian chicken meatballs and 4% MF cheese. I had thought I would eat half of my pizza, but I just couldn't, I was too full. At 565 calories for one-third of the pizza, it was definitely a do-again, but without the meatballs. Maybe a LF pepperoni...
Daffy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #40  
Moderating Mama

This week:

Saturday - London broil marinated in balsamic, garlic, and herbs, small baked potatoes, roasted asparagus

Sunday - Giant chicken "kitchen sink" salad - grilled zucchini, bell pepper, broccoli, raw cucumber, carrot, laughing cow wedge, chicken marinated in lemon, thyme, and dijon, croutons, a huge bed of mixed greens, and spray dressing, plus a 120 calorie hunk of french bread.

Monday - Pork tenderloin cut into strips, marinated in garlic-soy-ginger sauce, then stirfried with broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini, snowpeas, bok choy, and carrots, served with more garlic-soy-ginger sauce and brown and wild rice blend

Today - Ground turkey breast meatloaves, mashed potato/cauliflower blend, and "creamed" spinach (spinach cooked with laughing cow wedges, fat free half and half, garlic, salt, pepper, and maybe a bit of flour to thicken.

Wednesday - Fajita Salads (Grilled Chicken, Zucchini, and Bell Pepper, black beans, baked corn tortilla strips, and olives over a giant bed of greens, with sour cream-based taco dressing).

Thursday - Roasted vegetable and sausage whole wheat penne in marinara (veggies - bell pepper, zucchini, and onion).
Old 04-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #41  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Today we had: Pecan/Oatmeal patties in a tomato pesto sauce, jacket boiled red potatoes, sliced carrots, cauliflower and green and yellow beans.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:51 PM   #42  

Height: 5'7"

Tonight's going to be baked skinless honey-mustard chicken drumsticks, roasted sweet potato tossed in EVOO, garlic, and lemon pepper, steamed asparagus marinated in lime juice and basalmic, and steamed cauliflower.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:10 PM   #43  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Corn fritters and layered smoked salmon, served with green salad and a splash of black raspberry vinaigrette.
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote