Old 01-31-2006, 04:51 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Budokon

I got this DVD yesterday from drugstore. It combines power yoga, martial arts and meditation!

I really enjoyed it & worked up a good sweat!

Budokon Beginning Practice by Cameron Shayne

"Cameron is an amazing teacher. Budokon is the perfect workout." - Courtney Cox Arquette

* The reunion of Martial Arts, Yoga and Meditation
* Feel a new rush of physical & emotional power

Cameron Shayne is a high-ranking black belt in both Olympic style taekwondo and Yoshukai karate. He has trained for more than 20 years in the martial arts, and for nearly a decade in hatha yoga and meditation techniques.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:11 PM   #2  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the recommendation. I have put it in my Netflix queue to try out.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:25 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheCheat
Thanks for the recommendation. I have put it in my Netflix queue to try out.
I'm jealous! I MUST get an account when I get back to the states.
honey-dipped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:07 PM   #4  

I got this DVD from the library a couple of weeks ago to try it out and I love it too. Planning on ordering it online, as I haven't seen it in any stores around here.
chem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:23 PM   #5  

Nancy I just checked netflix and they do have it!! I hope you like it!

Chem it's it a great workout. I love it because it's so different from anything else I've tried. I got my copy at drugstore.com if you want to order it online.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:55 PM   #6  

Valerie - Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm in Canada and still a little iffy about ordering from the US. Customs, exchange rate, shipping, etc, etc... I found it at Amazon.ca for only a couple more dollars than at drugstore.com and by the time I factored in all those extras it would be less at Amazon. Still a newbie at online shopping - I could count on one hand how many times I've done it. =)

Budokon is really the first workout dvd I've tried, other than one of the Billy Blanks ones last year (and I had trouble keeping up with that one), and a pilates one I own. I have a yoga dvd that was included with a yoga mat, but I haven't tried it yet (AM and PM Yoga by Gaiam, the same company that does the Budokon ones). I also have one that came with a fitness ball that I haven't tried yet either. The ball looks like it might be fun. I've been a quite unmotivated this week though. =P

I have this fear that I'm turning into a collector of workout dvds that I'm not going to actually use. =)
chem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:24 PM   #7  

Chem I have a Tao Bo DVD that I really like also. It is hard!

I like the Budokon for a relaxing workout!

I need to get a fitness mat for the part when you're on your knees. I was just doing it on the carpet. Fitness balls are fun. I use one when I go to the chiropractor. They're really good for your stomach and back muscles!