Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Diana- you're post is cracking me up. i sometimes feel that way about one of the y cycle instructors. She's the sweetest lady but she never stops talking. Most days it's not a big deal but sometimes it makes the workout seem even longer.

Laura- way to get back on track. I finished my leftovers for lunch. I have a Dec. bday too. Mine's on 12/20. I'll be 33.

today- Elip 30 min... My husband gets back from Colorado tonight. I can't wait for a good nights sleep. I hate being in the house alone even with 2 dogs.
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #92  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 4 Mile Walk

I checked the distance on a walking path on Thursday, anticipating walking or running on it. It's 2 miles each way. Right now, it's not good for running because there are a lot of pine needles, leaves, and acorns on the path. The pine needles are very slippery. I would liked to have walked more, but that would have made it 8 miles. I didn't have the time for that. Also, if I got 2 miles away and ended up exhausted I would have to walk 2 more miles back to my car. There are no benches or stops along the way.

Teacher Good job on the workouts! Glad your DH is returning and you will be able to rest well. OMG! That instructor on the DVD was yacking up a storm, yesterday! It's like, "will you shut up, already?". I tend to talk, argue, cuss at the instructors anyways. Shaun T was like "how do you feel? Me: "like crap!" Shaun T: "Now don't you feel stronger since you got through that?" Me: "No, I feel like crap since you tried to kill me". Thank goodness there is not a video camera in the room when I work out.

Laura I know how you feel. My stomach was still hurting me yesterday. I feel a lot better today, though. I'm glad we don't have leftovers around the house. That makes it tough.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

Diana - you tell it to Shawn T!! I must saw that he's QUITE eye catching with that fabulous body, especially when he takes his shirt off! Good job on the walk. Sometimes it's nice to get outside and change it up!!

Teacher - our birthdays are 10 days apart! I've always loved having a birthday during the holiday season Glad that your husband is home! I'm with you on the sleeping alone stuff even with dogs in the house

Fire 55EZ for me today

Last edited by TurboLaura; 11-25-2012 at 08:24 AM.
TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #94  

Hi ladies

Yesterday my hip (pelvic ligament) was really hurting again. I hurt it last Dec. and it's been a problem that comes and goes. But it was shooting pain last night. So I'll have to call the doctor Monday. My DH has been telling me to go back to the doctor but then it would get better. I'm embarrassed to go back since I've waited so long. Also, I'm scared I might need an MRI. I'm so irritated that body my hasn't healed correctly. I guess it's time to face the hip problem since we'll most likely start trying to have a baby in June once we get back from Disney World. I would hate to get pregnant and then had even more hip pain with the added weight. I'm clearly having a pity party for myself. However, this has made me very thankful for my good hip

today- rest

Last edited by teacher1; 11-25-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #95  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

No workout for me, yesterday, since we went to Myrtle Beach for the day.

Laura Nice long workout for you, yesterday! I wish Chalene would do some new TF workouts. I wish they would be like 45EZ. Love the pure cardio without the Turbos.

Teacher Sorry to hear about your hip bothering you. I hope you can get into the Dr. quickly and get it resolved. Sending healing thoughts your way.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #96  

Hey ladies!!

Teacher - how are you feeling today? Be sure to get some rest and get to the doctor. I know what you mean about being embarrassed about not going for a while but you really just have to get there. Does ice or advil help?

Diana - how was your day? I really love Fire 55EZ and Fire 45 EZ...also Fire 60 I wish she would make some more, too. I ordered a little gift for myself yesterday - hip hop abs with Shaun T. It was on a special and with my discount I got 9 workouts for 26!!! woowee that's a fab deal!

Hiit 20 tonight. Exhausted from only 4 hours of sleep last night! Struggling with my eating today, which happens when I'm tired. does this happen to you ladies at all? - I really need to get my focus back like when I was REALLY losing!

Last edited by TurboLaura; 11-26-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #97  

Diana- I'm sure why had fun on your day trip to the beach

Laura- Advil does help some. It just seems like so many months it should have healed up by now. It makes me feel like 32 going on 80.

today- rest... My doctor appointment is late tomorrow afternoon. My hip feels so much better today but still checking with the doctor.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #98  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
Les Mills Pump & Burn w/15's
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

Teacher Isn't it odd that you have an appointment with the Dr. and your hip starts feeling better. It's like "it" doesn't want to go to the Dr. I'm sure you resting it is also helping. Sending you good vibes for your appointment tomorrow. I hope the Dr. can figure it out for you. Hang in there.

Laura I also get really munchy if I haven't gotten enough sleep. Not a good feeling. I hope you rest well tonight. Good deal on HHA's! I hope you like it. I'm hoping Beach Body will be sending out Combat in the next couple of weeks.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #99  

Hi all!!!

I went to the doctor and the nurse said the said the appointment said, "pulled pelvis." Oh my, no I was there for a pulled pelvic ligament. We both got a good laugh. The doctor has 3 options for my hip- 1. cortisone shot 2. Physical therapy 3. MRI. So we started the first step- a shot. I'll give it a week and then if it's not better we'll see about PT. My exercise plan is try walking the dogs and maybe a little elip just for the week to see how my body reacts to the shot. I really just hope the shot helps.
This is what I actually have-
"Hip bursitis- is swelling and pain of a bursa in your hip. A bursa is a fluid-filled sac that acts as a cushion or shock absorber between a tendon and a bone. A tendon is a cord of tough tissue that connects muscles to bones. Normally a bursa has a small amount of fluid in it. When injured, the bursa becomes inflamed."
So it wasn't a pulled ligament. Not a good thing to have but glad I know what's going on with my hip.

Last edited by teacher1; 11-27-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #100  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

Teacher Did you already get the shot? Can I say something? OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! I just had to get that out! I have never had anything like that but it sounds bad. I hope the shot helps. I am so glad that you have a diagnosis and you can start going in a positive direction. Remember the problems I had with what I thought was a "food allergy". The first allergist didn't give me an official diagnosis. He just told me to take a daily antihistamine. I continued to eliminate foods for the next year, thinking it was a food allergy. It is awful not having a diagnosis or a correct diagnosis. Very frustrating. I'm glad you got it figured out. Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way that the shot will work for you.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #101  

Teacher - on the pulled pelvis How are you feeling tonight? I hope that the shot gives you some relief...it does sound very painful. I'm glad that you went to the MD and they can treat you now.

Today - Core 20 and lots of stretching. Hamstring feels very tight so no bouncing
Old 11-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #102  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
Les Mills Pump & Burn w/15's
Les Mills Sports Attack

Teacher How are you feeling today?

Laura Try to get some extra stretching in for those hamstrings.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #103  

Hey all

Diana, nice workouts! MY Les Mills Combat should be coming soon - I think early Dec and I can't wait! Hip Hop Abs should be here any day now!

Teacher - how's the hip?

Today is a rest day for me as I have to go back to school for parent conferences until 8:30...ugh. Worked out Sat through Tues then Thurs - Sat for this week.

Take care ladies!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #104  

Laura - that's one of the things I don't miss about teaching- conferences. Although, they're a lot better than IEPS. You can get so much insight into the students life through the parents but those long days drain you!

My hip is better but not perfect. The shot really didn't hurt, it was like a flu shot. I'll give it until Tues. I rested today but going to try the elip and walking dogs tomorrow.

Last edited by teacher1; 11-28-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #105  
Trying to live below 200

Laura I ordered Combat, too. Let me know when you hear they will start deivery.

Teacher Good news on your hip. Take it easy.