Old 03-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 165/133/117

Height: 5'3

Hello all! I woke up up up on the right side of bed this morning! My knee didn't hurt, I was ready and eager to workout and I had a KILLER Bikram class today! Probably the best I have had in well... a couple weeks! I look forward to going to my second class this evening!

I did Tfire HIIT20 and then Booty Sculpt and Abs. I am going to grab a book and go do 200 situps on the miniball (a must have if you don't have one! Can be blown up with any straw and what a difference!!!!) and read outside on the deck with the cats!

I just finished a delicious strawberry mango smoothie with flaxseeds, kelp and barley grass in it and I am going to make some Ants on a Log (remember those from when you were akid?) LOL I love celery and peanut butter! TOO GOOD! Bummer I have to measure out the pb, but it's worth it.

So guys, I have found my second wind! Super excited for TFire 55 tomorrow! I'm going to burn 450-500 calories and looking forward to it!

Have a great great rest of the afternoon! Let's do it!
KimWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 185/182/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Hey all!! I did Turbo sculpt today. I can tell im getting stronger already. It's really motivating.
I do need to clean up my diet though. I'm eating less processed food and snacking on more fresh fruits and veggies to start with.

Kim I'm so encouraged by how energetic you are. Keep on keeping on.
Where are u Sarah? we miss u today.

Last edited by SlimChick; 03-07-2011 at 11:02 PM.
SlimChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 125/112/105

Height: 5'2"

Started run/walk program again, never complete these because I always do more than they say . . this time I am following it exactly. The program is on womens health website, love that magazine! Also doin turbo jams and going to be adding envy girls workouts on days inbetween my jogs . .
We will see how that goes! I've been eating really good this past week(did really bad last week) and it shows in my energy. Well wish me luck on my new program, its 6 weeks long . .
mich5lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #49  

Rest day today. but I did craved a workout...( i kinda like that i felt that way.lol)
Sarah Im so excited that you stayed below 180. I'm still working at it..but i know Ill be there soon.

Mich, just curious- what are/were you eating this week?
I so admire runners. I try it and its so liberating to run....for the 2 mins or so that it lasts ..lol...
Im gonna check out the program u mentioned.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #50  

My typical day is pretty much the same every day(dinner changes)

150 kashi bar/fibergummies
44 pretzels(2 sticks)
280 sandwich
(saralee lt bread/turkey/cheese/lettuce(2 sprays dressing)
90 campbell select harvest light soup(1/2 can)
105 banana(medium)
150 3 crackers/skim mozz cheese
255 1/2 turkey sandwich/broccoli
200 cereal (i cant give it up) hey at least I use skim milk
10 jello

Did my 25 min walk/run(very little running but following to a T), then did TJ Cardio Party

BTW I never use to run ever in my life, then all my friends that are runners have stayed the same weight and they get to eat still . . lol
So 2 years ago I started walking a lot, outside after dinner, light trail hiking with bf and on treadmill I bought(that my bf said I would never use) . . well he was right for about a year . . then last year before summer started to walk/run on it but never followed program correctly. I always added more and then be too sore to run again. Well did it again last fall and lost 3 lbs still not being consistent with it! So I decided to try again and not cheat . .

i cant post links yet so in yahoo please search womenshealthmag.com/fitness/run-walk-program

If you are going to do it there is a chart I made so you can check off your workouts, its an excel sheet. Just let me know if you would like a copy.

ps the hardest thing for me is getting into a routine, now that I've been working out I love it but if I skip 2 days in a row its very hard for me to get going again.

Good luck!

Last edited by mich5lynn; 03-10-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #51  

also does anyone know good shoes to do turbojam in on carpet? my knees have been hurting a little bit
Old 03-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 183/174/145

Height: 5'7

Hello all-
Anyone have any advice for me? I have been calorie counting and doing TJ cardio party or Turbo Sculpt 5 days a week for 2 months and I sleep better and all but no results physically. I'm getting discouraged but you all sound like you are doing good. So if you have any extra advice for me please reply. I'm not sure what to do but I will stick to the routine.
BJOHNSON25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #53  

Weekend is here finally . . took rest day yesterday(ibs acting up . . ugh)
Today did my run/walk workout, then TJ fatblaster, then TJ ab jam
Does anyone know estimate of calories burned TJ workouts (high intensity)?

Ate good today so i can enjoy dinner . . making enchiladas(using lean turkey and skim mozz, whole wheat wraps) we will see how they turn out
Old 03-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich5lynn View Post
My typical day is pretty much the same every day(dinner changes)

150 kashi bar/fibergummies
44 pretzels(2 sticks)
280 sandwich
(saralee lt bread/turkey/cheese/lettuce(2 sprays dressing)
90 campbell select harvest light soup(1/2 can)
105 banana(medium)
150 3 crackers/skim mozz cheese
255 1/2 turkey sandwich/broccoli
200 cereal (i cant give it up) hey at least I use skim milk
10 jello

Did my 25 min walk/run(very little running but following to a T), then did TJ Cardio Party

BTW I never use to run ever in my life, then all my friends that are runners have stayed the same weight and they get to eat still . . lol
So 2 years ago I started walking a lot, outside after dinner, light trail hiking with bf and on treadmill I bought(that my bf said I would never use) . . well he was right for about a year . . then last year before summer started to walk/run on it but never followed program correctly. I always added more and then be too sore to run again. Well did it again last fall and lost 3 lbs still not being consistent with it! So I decided to try again and not cheat . .

i cant post links yet so in yahoo please search womenshealthmag.com/fitness/run-walk-program

If you are going to do it there is a chart I made so you can check off your workouts, its an excel sheet. Just let me know if you would like a copy.

ps the hardest thing for me is getting into a routine, now that I've been working out I love it but if I skip 2 days in a row its very hard for me to get going again.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info Mich. That meal plan seems very do-able. I would have to get super organized to eat like that. I believe in eating many small meals but my work schedule is so irregular so I dont get to snack on schedule. I am just tryng to eat sensibly when I do sit down to eat.

You are so right about some runners getting to eat what they want and not gain. I know someone like that.

and sure I would like to have that excell sheet in reserve for when I start my running. Thank you so much!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:19 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich5lynn View Post
also does anyone know good shoes to do turbojam in on carpet? my knees have been hurting a little bit
And Mich, I had the same knee concerns when i started TJ. I workout on carpet too. I did some research and found where some ladies where recommending putting duck tape on the bottom of your shoes. It actually does help!
I put a strip across the widest part then another short piece across that to form like a cross around the ball of the foot. Try it and let me know what you think.
It can get a little slippery when doing wide squats so be careful, but it helps with those pivots
Old 03-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #56  

I got my wisdom teeth taken out today with IV sedation so im taking it easy today. Ill be back on my routine late sun or Mon afternoon.

B Johnson: I would look closely at your diet. You may just eb doing enough to maintain which is good, but if your trying to lose weight then it not so good.lol
I think eating high sodium, esp in preserved foods makes me retain water like crazy. Maybe watch salt intake and monitor bloating that results from it. Dont give up though....we're all in this together !Good Luck!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #57  

Checking in!
I did booty sculpt and abs to day. That one was very challenging for me.
How are you ladies doing ?
Old 03-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #58  

Slimchick: I attached the file, its a word doc sorry my calorie counter is oin excell.

Let know if you can open it.
The program has strength & abs routine to follow on womens health site but I just add TJ videos in. I also do a cardio TJ after my run/walks because in the beginning you are doing very little running.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Womens health run walk.doc (40.0 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by mich5lynn; 03-14-2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: adding
Old 03-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #59  

okay I did my run#1 for week 2 followed by turbo jam cardio party . .

btw does anyone know estimate of calories burned during turbo jam workouts??
I dont have a good heart rate monitor.

Thanks
Tomorrow is TJ fatblaster, my favorite!
Old 03-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #60  

Thank you Mich!!
I got it.