3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Fitness Videos (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos-178/)
-   -   Walk Away the Pounds - AUGUST daily check in (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/208895-walk-away-pounds-august-daily-check.html)

cathyxxx 08-02-2010 04:33 PM

Walk Away the Pounds - AUGUST daily check in

:wave: I didn't even realize it was a new month LOL

this morning i did the 2 Mile Power Walk with Friends with 2 lb weights in each hand.

cathyxxx 08-02-2010 04:36 PM

Hey Annie - :) :) :) that's great that you were able to keep up with the bootcamp! that means you're really fit in my book!!! :) :) :)

omai 08-02-2010 05:49 PM

I walk for 20 mins before work, 15 mins every morning break, 15 mins every afternoon break, at least 1/2 hr during lunch and then another 1/2 hr after work (and oftentimes more). The weekends are my downfall. I seem to walk less because I don't have a routine, like during my work week. I'm working on it, though.

OnaMi 08-02-2010 06:06 PM

:carrot: A walking thread!!! Hi, all! I love to walk and this morning i walked 1.5 miles.I didn't time it ,i quess i will next time.

Hi Kathy,I used to walk w/weights but stopped cause after my walk i go to Curves.Do you think i need to start back walking w/them?

Karen925 08-02-2010 08:47 PM

2 mile Slim Down with resistance bands. Always glad when I have exercised.

AnnieDrews 08-03-2010 10:17 AM

Did the 2 mile Fat Burning Walk w/ weights this morning.

Yes, Cathy, I am definitely more physically fit. I walked a ton of steps last week on our day trip and although my legs were a bit shaky, it felt good, even with my bad knees.

I may have to increase my mileage, etc. I did the 2 mile this morning and barely broke a sweat, even in this August heat!:?: I honestly don't want to devote more time to exercising right now, but I really need to get the rest of my weight off. Any tips from my friends??

want2bfit4me 08-03-2010 11:14 AM

Hi everyone.............

It's been 2 days since I've checked in here and have not exercised either.
Sunday was hubby's birthday. The big 60 and had the kids over and yesterday I had my granddaughter all day.
I know it's not a good excused but it's all i've got.

But today I'm back at it full steam ahead.
Did 2 miles from the 5 day slim down.

Oh ya I got my ticker too and I'm so excited.

ttl
have a good day
Leann

want2bfit4me 08-03-2010 11:15 AM

Ok so where is my ticker? I filled everything out. Will have to check this out.

want2bfit4me 08-03-2010 11:18 AM

ok lets try this again

Laureedee 08-03-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieDrews (Post 3418288)
Did the 2 mile Fat Burning Walk w/ weights this morning.

Yes, Cathy, I am definitely more physically fit. I walked a ton of steps last week on our day trip and although my legs were a bit shaky, it felt good, even with my bad knees.

I may have to increase my mileage, etc. I did the 2 mile this morning and barely broke a sweat, even in this August heat!:?: I honestly don't want to devote more time to exercising right now, but I really need to get the rest of my weight off. Any tips from my friends??

Maybe increase your weight a little, until you have time for more miles? Heavier weights increase my heart rate and have me sweating more when I use them through the whole dvd (whichever one that might be that day). That, or try a different 2 mile workout. I've found that different dvds, even if they're the same mile-wise, work my body much differently.

I've yet to do my exercise today but I'll be doing the big burn: 2 miles of intervals shortly, and yesterday I did my 4 mile fast and firm walk slim dvd.

AnnieDrews 08-03-2010 01:43 PM

Yay! for your new ticker, Leann!!

Lauradee-I might do that....increasing the weights. I believe there is another 2 mile on that same DVD, I might try that one. Wonder if wearng ankle weights would help?

Karen925 08-03-2010 06:03 PM

2 mile with Slim Down and resistance bands. I will be gone on Friday and then Wed-Friday next week.

Zoesmama 08-04-2010 02:21 AM

Hey there. Sorry been away a couple days. Its been a crazy week. I managed a swim on Sunday then Monday was running around department stores trying to get dd set for school. I was on my feet roaming around for over 7 hours. Exhausting!! I'm not used to being on my feet all day anymore since I've been unemployed so long. :(

Today I wanted to get back on track but over slept and had to get some work done. I did play drums for an hour on the PS3 it burns a lot of calories when I play on expert and keep up. Its fun too! So that is all the exercise I got for the day so far. Will do some yoga before bed. My arms got worked pretty good on those drums tonight though so we will see how wore out they are for it.

Tomorrow gonna get up and make it through my 3 mile WATP. :carrot: Gotta keep this up a couple more weeks it should be a habit. I've gotta increase to 5-6 days a week now. I challenged myself to 1000 minutes this month and I'm gonna make it. :D

AnnieDrews 08-04-2010 09:31 AM

Hi everyone! I did the 3 mile Boot Camp this morning. Worked up a good sweat but had to skip through the last resistance band work (chest and lats) as I slightly overslept and didn't want to be late for work.

cathyxxx 08-04-2010 11:44 AM

hey gang - my routine is all messed up. my youngest son's car died on us and he is using my car and so they drop me off early in the morning for work and pick me up late to take me home and welllllll.... i'm missing my walking :(

Annie - on making the 2 mile walks more intense... I was gonna ask if you have any of the Burn Body Fat dvds where you use handweights the whole time. for some reason having weights in my hands and having my arms moving the whole time gets me sweating. Also, do you happen to have the Walk and Jog dvd? that one really gets me sweating with all the jogging.

Oami - it's good to have you posting here! it sounds like you are walking almost 2 hours every day (1 hour 50 minutes). with all that walking 5 days a week, I don't know if I would be worried about walking on the weekends. You are getting a lot in already.

Hey there OnaMi - I only know from experience what I think about such things, but yea, if I were going to Curves I don't think I would worry about walking with weights too. you are getting in your resistance training at Curves. glad to have you posting with us too!

YOU GALS ARE DOING GREAT!!!! :cheer: