Old 09-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #91  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Just got done with day 2, level 1. I'm a drippin' mess right now but I feel great!! It's amazing that when you really push yourself to the limit how great you feel when you're done and can say - I DID THAT!!!

Lisa - just do it!! You'll be amazed how much better you'll feel when you're done.

Good job to everyone else on working out today!! You all rock!!! I'll be back later. Gotta fix dinner and take a shower.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:37 PM   #92  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

I didn't even make it through the first rotation of level one. My heart started racing like mad and I couldn't breath. Good grief, I was in competitive kickboxing three months ago! I am humiliated right now
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:08 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 218.8/165/165

Height: 5'7"

Don't be humiliated... It's a starting point to work from... the worst thing you could do is just give up. Use it as motivation to keep trying and see if you can do one more minute than you did the last time you did it... Do what you can! You should be VERY proud of yourself for putting that DVD in and actually DOING it! That's a huge accomplishment in and of itself.
kukristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:36 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 195 / 147 / 145

Height: 5'9"

mkat321, yes, keep going. Tomorrow, your goal is to make it further than you did today - even a little bit.

Well, I just did Level Two for the fourth time; twentieth time overall. It's getting easier, especially as I see the changes in my body. It's motivating. And, finally, this morning, I broke out of my little three-pound pendulum rut! I FINALLY lost another pound! It even looked like my ancient scale was itching to go down another. Tomorrow, we'll see.
LessEveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:02 AM   #95  

Thought I would stop lurking to say hello. I actually did 30 day shred a couple of weeks back for 4 days, but then a bunch of things happened that kept me too busy.

I've started up again this week and hopefully will be able to tough it out all the way. I just finished day 3 tonight despite being super tired. This time around, I've been doing it to my own music because I find that more motivating.
I use 3 pound weights. I get through the strength and abs just fine, but the cardio seems to be the big problem for me. I have such an issue breathing during it that I'm always so out of breath 3/4 of the way through.

Anyway, hello to all . Seeing other people going through the same thing is really motivating. I haven't yet measured myself, I'll probably do that tomorrow.
dorkabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #96  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

Finished day one hope I can walk tomorrow.
crazy4weightloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:00 PM   #97  

Hey everybody!!! I see our thread is getting busier... Awesome!!

Today will be day 16 of the shred. I started 17 days ago, but chose to run on one of the days. I was really excited because I usually can't run a solid 2 miles. Well, I kept telling myself that if I didn't do the shred I wold have to really run like a fool, and I did the two miles without taking breaks!

Apparently the shred is really making me stronger! I think I'll do level 2 another couple of days and then go to level three.

LessEveryDay: I am so thrilled your scale moved. I think we are both working on the same pounds and it is encouraging to see it does start moving. I knwo I look better, I feel better, and my clothes fit better... but I am they type of person who like to see the pounds drop.

Welcome to all of you who are joining us!!! And keep going... we can do this!
abchdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #98  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Thank you ladies My goal for today is to 1- cope with the ache in my inner thighs from doing full squats & not the 'beginner' squats yesterday, and 2- to do at least 30 seconds more than I did yesterday on the Shred
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #99  

Welcome, dorkabrain! Once I learned the exercises on Level One, I muted the TV and listen to the radio whilst exercising. It sure made the time go faster. I had a little trouble trying to keep the TV in view while doing things like push-ups, but, if I wasn't perfect, that was okay!
Old 09-19-2008, 02:48 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 218.8/165/165

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone!

Sounds like you're all doing great!

Congrats LessEveryDay!!!! That's so exciting!

As for me, I'm STILL sore from the past two workouts (my calves ESPECIALLY).... so I popped two advil and it's helping a bit. I was planning on doing my third this morning -- but I'm going to give my body a few more hours of rest and do it tonight after work instead. But I WILL do it tonight!

No, if I can just stop saying "ow, ow, ow" out loud every time I walk -- that would be great...
kukristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:07 PM   #101  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Great Job to everyone for doing the Shred!! I won't be able to do it for a couple of days as I'm going out of town and will be back on Sunday. I'm on vacation next week so starting Sunday I'm going to do it every day and see how it feels to actually get moving and exercise daily. Keep up the good work Ladies. I'll check back in on Sunday!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 180/160

I LOVE LEVEL 3! Shredding is awesome!

Sorry, I had to get that out. I'm really enjoying it (as opposed to just cursing my way through) and my strength has increased by leaps and bounds since I started. It's HARD but none of the moves make me feel sick or sore in a bad way, so I can just burn right through without having to substitute. If anyone else is having trouble with some of the finicky Level 2 moves, you might want to try skipping straight to Level 3. The strength moves are definitely harder, but I don't find it impossible endurance-wise. I really like that, unlike the previous 2 levels, even the cardio has serious resistance involved. My butt and thighs are hard as a rock now, and the other night my partner spent several minutes mesmerized by squeezing/groping my crazy new arm muscles (go figure). I am using 8lb. weights for everything except the "clean and press", where I hold both weights in one hand and use 16lbs. instead. I really feel that one in my abs, of all places!

I think today was probably my... 15th day? I haven't been managing to do it the full 4 days a week I planned because my schedule has been so full. I have to take into account not only the time it takes to do the workout, but the shower I have to take afterward! I'm definitely seeing results, though. According to the scale I lost 2 pounds but I think it may be more. I never remember to weigh myself first thing in the morning, and I drink a lot, so I've often just finished a huge glass of water when I get on the scale.

Keep it up everyone! And to the people who think this sound scary... it's not! Once you start getting stronger it's almost fun.
andream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:29 AM   #103  

Hello, Shred Thread!

I was afraid I was going to miss yet another Friday! DH and I worked on some chores through the kids' nap time, then the evening started zipping away. But, I managed to get my Shred in with the whole family around. DD3 used my two-pound weights and "exercised" along with me a bit until she declared she was "too tired" and went and sat down. As usual, DS1 thought it was hilarious and nothing could contribute more to the hilarity than to sit on my stomach during ab moves! But, thanks to DH's intervention, I was able to get in the entire workout.

I've realized that that warmup neck rolls in Level Two make me dizzy, too, so I have to modify them even! Not including that, I'm modifying three exercises due to this issue. (I had to leave a movie once because the "jittery camera" effect was making me ill!) I had a couple of pauses tonight (excluding kid interruptions!), but they were very brief. I think I'll make it all the way through next time. Oddly, I have absolutely no trouble with the final ab move - the plank twist. I do make certain to keep my head relatively still and to make my moves as smooth as possible, though, to keep from being dizzy. Physically, Jillian mentions how demanding it is, but I don't have problem with it. I think I could do two minutes and maybe I will. But, I'm sure not sexy when I'm doing that move where you balance on one foot and lift your weights up while lifting the other leg. And, the move it's alternated with - where you "sit down" while moving the weights in a V shape - kicks me, too. I really notice the cardio on Level Two as being more vigorous. But, some of that may be my trying to make up for the fact that it's cardio moves that I'm having to modify. So, I try to make sure to be very aggressive with my substituted moves. I weighed myself this evening just after drinking two pounds of water and I was at the top weight of my little three-pound-volley. Usually, I lose 3-5 pounds overnight, so it's looking good to be at least at my new weight tomorrow if not one pound less!

I'll probably be taking my weekend off, as I usually plan, unless I'm feeling especially ambitious. The weekend will be busy, so that's not too likely! Next week, I'll keep on with Level Two, but I'll definitely start Level Three no later than the following Monday. That'll give me ten days at most on Level Two - using the five pound weights (so ten total) the entire time.

You'd think I'd be hungrier with all of this exercise, but my calories are drifting down! Over the course of this whole diet, I've averaged 1777 calories. Over the last couple of weeks, I'm at 1678. (If my calories seem high to some, please note that I'm nursing so can't be too low. Early in my diet, I got to a point where I was at 1500 calories and hit a big plateau!)

I also must admit I haven't been doing the cooldowns for Level Two. I always do every bit of the warmup and sometimes extras for my calves, but the cooldowns haven't seemed as useful. Am I asking for trouble here?
Old 09-20-2008, 01:44 AM   #104  

Way to go on doing the work out despite your umm....little 'obstacles' Lesseveryday. hehe

I literally just finished day four level one. And I was surprisingly chuffed with how well I did with the cardio this time around. Especially considering my bad knee has been whining at me all day long (it really hates jumping jacks). I was really considering skipping it today, but something was pushing me through it.

I accidentally forgot to do my measurements and right now I'm too tired, so hopefully I'll have those written down tomorrow.

I hope everyone else is going great with it.
dorkabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #105  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Ok so take two on starting tomorrow! lol I figured I was going for a motorcycle ride today for 7 hours I shouldn't be sore so tomorrow I WILL start.
SephyFowl is offline   Reply With Quote