Old 04-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #76  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa316 View Post
WHAT PLAN DID U START IM NEW HERE AND NEED HELP AND TRYING TO GET HOW TO USE THIS THX
I've been counting calories and actually just started an account with Fitday.com, and then I do my WATP dvds for my exercise. What have you been doing so far?
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:11 PM   #77  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I'm one of the few percentage of people who cannot do the low carb thing. I hate a low fat diet. So, I decided to count calories.

I rented dvds from the library until I found Leslie. I'm trying others so I don't get bored. I like hers. I found that getting up a little earlier helps my day get started. I don't know why, but when I exercise first then eat breakfast, I seem to stay fuller longer than just eating breakfast alone.

I can't do the weights for now. I have an old elbow injury. However, I am using the stretchie thing and the belt.

Oh, I did start seeing about 1 lb/wk go away instead of 1/4 lb once I added the walking.

I did the 1 mile express with stretchie this morning.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:46 PM   #78  
Dieting Diva

The last two days I have done the three mile with stetchie in the morning and the five mile in the afternoon.
I use Fitday to track calories and do walking 5-6 days a week. I am going to by the Walkslim series probably when I hit that first goal of 175 pounds. I use the Five mile Advanced DVD
I think the exercise thing helps my morning munches too Mare !
Dusty, don't give up ! This is wayyy to important to your health. Just keep on trucking- you are doing great !
Michele L- I hope your cyst is gone and you don't have to for anything futher ! We have warmed up today and the windows are open. I am sending you postive rays of sunshine to help with the thaw !
Marie that sounds like a real work out ! I hope things are getting better.
There are so many new and old familar faces !Everyone has a pleasant evening and keep on walking.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 250/250/225

Height: 5'10"

Default I'm bad. I didn't walk for a few days.

I did the 1 mile express with the stretchie today. I haven't done it for a few days because my legs hurt. I can't say I couldn't find the time. It doesn't take very long. I just hope my back doesn't hurt at work tonight. I think I have to find some back stretches. I hate to take something. It doesn't always work. Anyone elses back hurt afterward and what did you do to help? By the way. Anyone else find it depressing that its snowing again? We're supposed to get 10 to 15 inches.

Karen

Last edited by kgood2005; 04-12-2007 at 11:04 AM.
kgood2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #80  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Well, my hand is still a bit sore, but the swelling seems to have gone down a bit. Let's hope the rest of it collapses and dissolves so I don't have to have surgery!

I did the 3 mile Express workout this morning followed by a few minutes on the treadmill to make my 50 minutes for the day.

Hope everyone is having a nice week--our snow is still hanging around, but I don't think it will last too long!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #81  

This morning I did the first mile of the 2 mile high calorie burn.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:23 PM   #82  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Michelle, your question made me smile - Jan 2006 I started WATP and didn't think about dieting. By April, I gained 12 pounds. WTG, Marie So April last year I started counting calories and I log them into lifeform, a database that I purchased years ago that I have on a USB drive on my keys so I'm never without it. I've since lost 46 pounds. So in my opinion, walking alone doesn't help - adding exercise made me hungrier and I ate more. By counting my calories I knocked that off right away. BTW, I average about 1550 cals per day.

And I'm like cbmare - I only count calories - fat-free foods taste like garbage so I just use regular foods (all of my favorites) and have small portions. My only exceptions are skim milk for my breakfast shake and mochas, and Kraft's 2% Mont Jack shredded cheese which I can't tell a difference on. But since the taste is good, I made that change, the rest is all what I'd normally buy. My thought on that is that if I lose the weight eating the foods I love, then I should be able to keep it off.

Sirak, I am doing better. I very much appreciate your thoughts.

I did 3 miles WATP and the 1 mile on the treadmill. Although to do the WATP after the jogging/waling on the treadmill, I had to use my inhaler. The asthma is a little irritated these days. Probably the stress.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #83  

Marie,

Thanks so much for your input and advice also, I really appreciate it. You have done so good with your weightloss and I agree with you on the fat free foods. I too eat regular foods, but smaller amounts, but I do love skim milk and drink it every morning and use it on either my cheerios or oatmeal.

I just did the 1 mile get up and get started with the 2 pound weights. I had already done the first mile of the 2 mile high calorie burn, but the 1 mile is still my favorite so far!
Old 04-12-2007, 01:17 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Ladies,
After a kind of bad day yesterday where I didn't get any walking done I did the 3 miles super fat burn this morning. Then I decided to do the Muscle Mile One and also the 2 mile 30 minute walk. After that I thought I would try the Walk Strong where she does intervals of strength training with the weights. After about 10 minutes of that I decided that I wasn't going to make it through!! So I will try to do that one first in the morning and then do the others. I have the wrist/ankle weights that are 1 1/2 pound each that I use with the walks and they seem to work OK. I imagine I will go up in weight (on the weights LOL) after awhile. But at least I still got my 6 miles in today and feel better after having done it.
I hope everyone has a good day and I'll catch you all later. Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #85  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I got up a bit late, so I did the 1 mile express with the stretchie thing this morning.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:14 AM   #86  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I had a few things to get done this morning, so I only did the 2 mile abs workout. I'll TRY for more tonight.

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:14 PM   #87  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning everyone. I did 2 miles WATP walking and 1 mile jogging - and .5 mile walking and .5 mile jogging on the treadmill. So 4 for the day. And I promised dear doggies that I'd take them for a walk so there will be 1.5 miles more. I haven't taken them out much since Goldie passed. So I made them a promise this morning.
Marie
Old 04-13-2007, 01:13 PM   #88  

This morning I did the 1 mile get up and get started with the 2 pound weights. For some reason, even after doing this for two weeks tomorrow, it was harder for me today and I was more out of breath. I've just been feeling like my resistance is down today and don't know why. I guess I'll keep doing this workout for awhile longer before I try to move it up, and it is my favorite.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #89  

I'm feeling better and have more energy tonight so I did the 1 mile again. I got my lab results back today and I'm so happy with my cholesterol level! It's been very high for quite a few years now, and two years ago it was 239, last year it was 214 and today it's 179! I haven't even had it that low after my youngest DD was born and I was much thinner. I guess eating either oatmeal or cheerios every morning for the last couple of years really has worked!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:23 PM   #90  
Lifelong Journey Member

WTG Michelle!!! That's a fabulous improvement. Your heart is so pleased. And don't push upping the miles. I think the easiest way to get off track is to push too hard then hate it. Then you stop. So do what you enjoy and not set yourself up.

I did keep my promise to my doggies and we went on the 1.5 mile block. They sure did like it. They were quite happy this evening.
Marie