Old 02-26-2007, 10:24 PM   #121  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome to all our new walkers. It's great to have many here.

Let me put my 2 cents in about the Walk Slim. It is a more thorough workout than the 5 mile advanced. I really love the 4 mile workout. I did the 3 mile once - it was good but not enough and this evening I did the 2 mile. I've been doing the fast firm regularly (up until this past week - long story) but will be adding it back tomorrow. I do mix it up with the jogging miles from the Advance 1 mile jog (I usually do 2 or 3 miles that way). I like being able to jog so I mix the two up.

Karen, I'm so sorry about he diagnosis. There is a silver lining, you'll all be eating healthier now and that will help with the heart problems that run in his family. You've sure had a tough last few months. Good luck.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:28 PM   #122  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

Well, my cardio for the day was rather lacking, but at least I got it in. Well, some of it. I did 11 miles of WATP and then 12 minutes on the treadmill. I started getting some hellacious calf cramps, so I gave it a rest and drank an extra 20 oz. of water.
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:50 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Hi
I did the 2 and 3 mile walk slim yesterday my total steps walked for the
day was 4264
Karen chech out the american diabetes association web site it is good they
have healthy food choices, recipes,help with reading labels and about fitness
also talk to your doctor your hospital might offer classes that will help I have
type 2 diabetes I took that class at night it was great they talked about food
how to check your blood sugar even helped with our meters I had to write
down the foods I liked and they did a meal plan for me it really was a great
help for me I wish you the best one thing that is good you both will eat
better and now you can take walks together too

Dusty
Dusty4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 252/241/168

Height: 5'9"

Hi again!
I was a little sore last night but not too bad. This morning I shoveled snow and carried in firewood for about 20 minutes and then did the 2 mile walk. I was thinking about only doing one but I feel so good mentally after the 2 mile that I decided to do it and take some ibuprofen before going to work. I had and interesting day yesterday. I'm orienting to a new job on a new shift to take the place of someone else when they go on maternity leave. She was working with me last evening to show me the ropes. Her water broke while we were at dinner and ended up having the baby before our shift was over. Fortunately we work in the hospital so she didn't have far to go and she was a month early but the baby is fine. I had a crash course on just doing the job. Afternoons was OK for me. At least it keeps me from wanting to snack all evening.
CJ
cj_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:33 PM   #125  
Lifelong Journey Member

I did exercise this morning (and yesterday evening). I jogged for 3 miles and did the strength training workout. I was pooped and it was only 10 after 6. But I'm energetic now.

I also stayed within the cals. yesterday. YEAH!!! I'm weighing in on Firday whether or not I'm good so I'll be good just because I'd hate to be in the 170's again.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:51 PM   #126  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies,

Karen I'm sorry to hear about DH's diagnosis. But now that you know, he can begin to manage it and take care of himself. Dusty had a great idea about checking with your local hospital. Even in our little tiny town, they do that. Good luck with it. I'm sure you will find lots of great recipes that the whole family will enjoy.

Cj that sounds like quite a crash course. Good luck on the new shift

Marie, I hope the weigh in goes well tomorrow :clap: Good for you for staying within your calorie range.

Hi to everyone!

I'm home with two sick kids today. I walked earlier today (40 minutes) and I hope to either walk or weight lift some more this afternoon.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:19 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Just finished the 2 mile fast walk from walk slim. I think this is the first time in a really long time I've actually somewhat enjoyed a workout. Let's hope it's the start of something great in that department

My new washer and dryer came. Can I just say I am IN LOVE!!!! LOL Oh my gosh, they are partly what gave me the spark to exercise this afternoon. I have done two loads of laundry (one washed and dried, one in the washer now, it's probably done) and they amounted to clothes that would have been at least 5 loads in our old washer!!! WHOO!!!! Maybe this will help me find just a tiny bit more time in my day so I can make sure to keep the workouts going!!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and feedback on DH's diagnosis. I am hoping the doc will send us to a nutritionist when we see him Friday. If not, I will definitely check with our local hospital and see what they have to offer. DH may not be able to go, and I may have to wait until spring when my parents are home from Hawaii to watch the kids, but I'll take any education I can get. His diagnosis of high cholesterol was nothing in comparison! LOL With that it's fairly cut and dried what you should/shouldn't eat. Not that he (or I) have always been the best at following it, but this is definitely a different experience.
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:13 PM   #128  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Good evening! Yesterday, we had a snow day, well, actually it was an ICE day. While I was home, I did lots of chores and got in the 2 fast Walk Slim miles.

This morning, when I realized we DID have school, I got up and did the 4 fast Walk Slim miles. I'm less than 3 miles from reaching my February goal, too! That won't be a problem tomorrow morning! Then, we're supposed to get another round of freezing rain/ice etc starting tomorrow, so I may get in some extra miles depending on the timing. I am fully expecting to NOT have school on Thursday, given the predictions. Next week is Spring Break and I'll do some serious miles before attending a regional Foreign Language conference in Kansas City on Thurs-Sat. The hotel has a decent fitness room, so I'll be sure to do at least a mile each day I'm gone! Can't let a 200+ day streak end!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:31 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to all the new walkers!!!

Sara, I hope your grandpa improves. You're doing great!! It's hard when stress hits and you're busy running around like that. You are doing wonderfully to keep up the workouts in whatever form you can.

I did the 2 mile walk slim again this morning.
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:30 AM   #130  

Hello,
I did the 2 mile again today. Three days in a row - that's a new trend beginning. I am tired today - I didn't sleep well. Think my body doesn't want to leave it's early rising mode and last night I was to awake to go to bed right away when I got home. We are expecting bad weather tomorrow too. We'll see how accurate the weather man is this time. Today was my weigh in day and I lost 2 pounds so I have reason to celebrate. This first four weeks has been tough but it is working. Hope you all have a great day!
CJ
Old 02-28-2007, 11:41 AM   #131  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

3 fast Walk Slim miles for me this morning! I made my February goal AND I lost .8 pound since last week! It's been a GREAT month!!

Here's to another one in March!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:21 PM   #132  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi everyone, I went to Medford (over the mountain pass). The usual 1.5 hour drive was 2.25 and was quite trecherous. I had to go for work. But all was fine - just a long commute. I've been good today, about 1300 calories. Yesterday was a little less. I've been so munchie lately that I've accidently gone under my target because I've been obsessing about not munching. Eeks. Where does it end??? I also walked 4 miles this morning before leaving. It was a good workout.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #133  

I got my 2 miles done this morning and I've noticed I'm doing it more energetically - I'm getting more used to daily exercise! So tomorrow I'll do the 3 mile. Our storm is on it's way so I'm leaving early for work and hope to make it home tonight - then I have a day off tomorrow!
CJ
Old 03-01-2007, 12:00 PM   #134  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi guys

Stop! Don't post here.

Follow us over to the March thread found
right here.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote