Old 01-25-2007, 09:54 AM   #1  
Back to the beginning....

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Slim in 6

I was wondering if anyone else is doing these fitness tapes?? Or if they have in the past or thinking of again. I have had them for at least 2 years, and I start them but don't ususally make it past 3 days. I am going to recommit to doing them 5 days a week, but was wondering if anybody has had results with these? I have never done them long enough to see results. I think I will but would like some motivation.

Mary
Petra6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:12 AM   #2  

I've never done Si6, but I had good results from Slim Series.

The only thing that bothers me about them is the music (and Debbie's form is a bit weird in some of them).

But if you stick with the rotation, you should see results. Feel free to use the music off option, and put on your own. It makes the workouts FAR more tolerable.
Mini-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:52 AM   #3  

Mini-Me
I can understand about the music... I did the first SI6 tape last night and the music sounds terrible...I know what kind of music it sounds like but I won't mention it here, lol... Until I get the movies down though I am not going to start listening to mine over it. So hopefully by Monday I will be able to do that. I feel great that I was able to do the first one all the way thru!! A big accomplishment from a girl that almost failed Gym Class. LMAO
Old 01-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

I have the slim in 6 dvd - I once used it for 3 weeks. I did the start it up for longer than 2 days though... it was enough of a workout for me. I don't remember if I lost a bunch of weight, but i definitely improved my body. I got stronger, more flexible, and had more energy. I really started to be impressed with the improvements. If you are willing, I'll pull out my dvd again, and we can support each other through it.

All the best with your success!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:43 AM   #5  

Laura G-
I plan on using the first one for more than 2 days. Probably like a week at least, lol.. I am not the most coordinated one. If you want to start doing it again that would be great!!! As I said I started yesterday, I plan on doing it 5 days a week, taking Monday and Wednesday off. I am taking those days off because it is just to hetic in the house to do it on those days. I am also working out on the gazelle I have too. I did that last night after I got down with the first tape and my legs aren't sore today, surprising!! Since I remember the last time my legs killed me.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:59 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra6998 View Post
Mini-Me
I can understand about the music... I did the first SI6 tape last night and the music sounds terrible...I know what kind of music it sounds like but I won't mention it here, lol...
I totally agree

BTW, I read on another board that the music is at 128 BPM. I downloaded some workout music at that speed from iTunes, and plug my ipod into speakers near the tv.

With the 'music off' option, you can still hear Debbie clearly, but you're working out to the beat of your own music.

Makes the workouts MUCH more bearable.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #7  

Petra6998:
Don't I know it - after the first couple of workouts my inner thighs burned!
I've pulled out he dvd - today will be my first session. My other fitness goal is to be able to walk 5 miles, but it is too cold and windy today to go out. (Welcome to Canada!) I'll log in tomorrow and let you know how it's going!

All the best in your success!
Old 01-26-2007, 10:14 PM   #8  

Well I did the my second workout today of the first video. Got all the way through it but I didn't do the Slim in 6 pack, to tired today. I did get in 30 mins on the gazelle too. Do you know how many calories the start it up is suppose to burn?? I don't have them on DVD, I have them on VHS that shows how long ago I got them. They didn't even offer them on DVD then, lol. I understand about the cold and windy. I live in Michigan so there is no way I could go out and walk now. That is something that I would like to do, but that will have to wait until Spring. Maybe even start running then. But I don't want to get ahead of myself going to get through the SI6 series first!
Old 01-27-2007, 10:39 AM   #9  

Petra: I have no idea how many calories: I guess it depends on your weight and your intensity level - I would estimate it as moderate aerobic activity though. Maybe an exercise counter would help you.
I sort of made it through my first session. I had to march in place for some of the exercises, and I can't do the fast squats yet. Plus, I don't do nearly the same amount of crunches or push ups. I may need to Start it Up for more than 1 week.
I watched through the Ramp it Up yesterday - I think I could do the beginning aerobic section - it's basically the same as SIU, but more and different exercises. I don't have bands though to do the muscle training. I'll have to get some.

Don't be down on yourself for not doing the 6 pack: it's brutal! If you don't think you are getting enough from the ab w/o in the main video, add a few more yourself. The point is to keep doing it.

I don't think the dvd offers anything extra than the vhs - except the option to turn off the music.

See you tomorrow!

All the best in your success!
Old 01-28-2007, 07:44 AM   #10  

Hello Laura
I have to march in place for a few of the things too, but I noticed yesterday not as much. My big thing is my arms get tired and I have to put them on my hips. But as long as your moving that's all that counts, at least that's what I think.
I did Start it up again yesterday and almost all of the Slim and 6 pack tape. I need to find something that will tell me how many calories are being burned that way I can make sure my fitday is kinda close. Well good luck today!!
Old 01-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #11  

Petra,
I'm sorry - I simply did not have the time or energy yesterday to do the dvd - I spent all day helping my mom move in - so lifting furniture and boxes and doing a zillion stairs just did me in. I will get back on it today though.

I know what you mean about the arms. I find I can't keep them up, so I simply do bicep curls when my shoulders are sore - that way I'm still moving them and working out 1 muscle group.

Hope everything goes well today. I'm rooting for you.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #12  

Laura- I can understand not having the energy after moving. I wouldn't either. Just get back on it today! I know that you will be able to do it!!! I did Start it up again today, and also 1 hour on the gazelle. So I feel good about what I have done. I won't have the time tomorrow to do Start it up so I will just be doing Slim and 6 pack. and the gazelle.

Mary
Old 01-30-2007, 09:55 PM   #13  

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my slim in 6 set! I was wondering, though, if it's very hard on the knees? I have a problem with one of mine, and I'm a little nervous about that.

TIA,

Deborah

Last edited by mommyto3; 01-30-2007 at 09:55 PM. Reason: to add signature :)
mommyto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:40 AM   #14  

Deborah-
I don't find that it bothers my knees, I don't have trouble with them but they don't seem to hurt or anything after. Debbie does give some alternative movies if you have trouble with your knees. I would say if you make sure that you are doing the moves correctly and if need be do the alternative move, you should be fine.
Mary
Old 01-31-2007, 02:43 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto3 View Post
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my slim in 6 set! I was wondering, though, if it's very hard on the knees? I have a problem with one of mine, and I'm a little nervous about that.

See if your cable company has ExerciseTV on Demand. Mine has Start it Up and Slim and 6-pack from Slim in 6 available for free.