Old 01-30-2007, 06:37 PM   #166  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, my back is still very sore so I called in sick again today. It does (maybe) seem like it's getting a little better. I'm thinking tomorrow will be even better (I'm pretty optomistic). DH has returned from his trip and went with me for the slow walk with the doggies. By far, that has loosened up my back the most. So another 2 miles today but in no way would anyone consider it aerobic (except the initial hill perhaps).

The old posters know my method of tracking but we have some new posters and I thought I'd share since it works for me so well. I started last January "paying" myself $1 for every mile walked (then jogged). I earned $800 by the beginning of October and I bought a new LCD projector for my home theater (which BTW I used today to watch the Devil Wears Prada). Then I earned a new Ipod 80G video right after Thanksgiving. My toys definitely drive me to stay exercising. Actually now I'm so hooked on the "high" and feeling better that I don't need to track it anymore (but I do since I get $$$ from DH out of it). By making my incentives high ($800) it kept me on track to a point that it became habit.

Well, that's about it. Off to the recliner again.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:32 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Marie, I hope your back continues to improve.

I did 4 miles again today, but not the walk slim. My hips needed a little mambo break LOL I cannot believe how that one little move has worked my hips!! I've never felt this sore doing WATP...it's not a bad sore, just a you-know-you've-worked-those-muscles sore. So I figured I'd give it a break for one day. I did the one mile muscle, power mile and 1st mile from the 5 mile DVD all with 2 lb weights and then finished with the 4th fast mile from the 5 mile. Not as strenuous a workout as the walk slim by any means, but a good one none the less.

It's so funny, I can remember doing the 5 mile for the first time thinking Oh My GOSH this is so fast!! It actually felt slow-ish doing that fast mile today after doing the walk slim for several days!!
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:50 AM   #168  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! I did the 3 fast miles again this morning! Maybe I'll try something different to spice things up. But I'm LOVIN" that mambo so much, I just don't know! LOL

Hubby was kind enough to tell me to make sure I worked out this morning cause he's taking me to dinner tonight--WITHOUT the kids! He didn't want me to ruin my streak (such a sweetie)!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:57 PM   #169  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi ladies,

I did the 5 mile DVD this morning with all of the booster (66 minutes) to meet my goal. YAY! I love it when Leslie says "Feel the body heat" and the camera pans over towards her daughter and her daughter looks like Leslie is embarrassing her. It's great to know that you can be that succesful and your teenagers are still embarrassed by you.

Sara, A February goal of 30 miles is wonderful. None of us think that's "just" a mile a day. When I started, I couldn't even do a half a mile at a time. I remember going to the park and only being able to do a 1/4 mile on the track (1 lap).

Robin, did you get your new pedometer? I won one from this website several months ago and I love it. I don't feel dressed without it.

Marie, I hope your back eases up soon. It's not like you to not be moving moving moving. What is your latest toy that you plan to get? Wasn't it a new heater?

Karen, You must be flying through the Walk Slim DVD if it makes the 5 mile fast walk seem slow. You'll just mambo your way right past your 1000 mile goal in no time, at this rate. Good for you!

Michele, What a sweetie your husband is! Enjoy your dinner out tonight without the kids.

Have a great rest of the week.

DH goes to the hospital tomorrow to have a tumor removed. If all goes well, he'll be home Friday. Talk to you all then.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:29 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Hi
This is my 5th week of eatting healthy and doing watps I use the 3 mile
super fat burn 45 min in the morning then before bed I do 2 mile high calorie
burn 30 min or 20 to 30 minutes on the treadmill I am ready to do a new
watps dvd I am looking foward to hearing from anyone for some help
I did buy from walmart the deluxe 2 dvd in one fat burner walk 2 mile and
fat burning 4 mile they dont use weights in either one and it seems like
they are old dvds leslie has long hair in a perm they must have been some of
her first dvds I do the 4 mile one But I think I would like to try something new
Okay ill be waitting to hear from someone
Dusty
Dusty4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:17 PM   #171  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!

I'm glad your back is getting a little better Marie. Soon you'll be back to normal and you won't even remember that you hurt your back!

Tammy, I hope everything goes well with your DH. Both of you will be in my thoughts.

I did a lot of walking yesterday and a lot of heavy lifting (UGH mommy had to go to Sam's and I had to be cart-mistress), so I've been a little slow today. But I did a half mile this morning, and another half mile a few minutes ago, and I'm hoping to get a full mile in throughout the rest of the day, even if I have to keep breaking it up into half-mile chunks. My hamstrings are really bothering me today.
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:24 PM   #172  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good evening ladies.

Tammy I am so sorry to hear about your DH. You both will be in my thoughts. All the best for a speedy recovery. And yes, I got my pedometer. I really, really like it. I keep trying to move those numbers up. Okay. Now how did you win one from 3FC? I can't imagine it. And again best of luck tomorrow.

Marie glad to hear you are at least having some improvement, these things do take time.

And a good Mambo, Mambo to all you mambo gals, you know who you are.

I just did one 2 mile express today. But I did walk outside, in the freezing cold for 25 mins. And when it's that cold you do walk FAST.

Have a good evening everyone. Keep on walking.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:38 PM   #173  
Lifelong Journey Member

Karen, you have me very excited for my Walk Slim set. It's exciting to think that the 5 mile advance seems "slow". And a good workout will be good. Since I couldn't do the workout due to the back at the moment, I'm much more patient.

The back improved a bit today. I can feel the source of the pain whereas the last few days the entire lower back felt like someone had beat it senseless. So being able to define the origin, I think that there's improvement.

I did the fastest walk 2X this morning since I did go to work. Not as effective as walking outside to relieve the pain, but at least I'm not vegetating.

Tammy you and your DH are in my thoughts.

Widlfyre, a walk through Sams or Costco is a workout in itself. You're doing great!
Marie
Old 02-01-2007, 07:53 PM   #174  
Tlove

S/C/G: 193/191/150

Height: 5'5

Hello all. I am new here and just started doing the WATP tapes on Sunday, and just wanted to know what kind of success you guys have been having with the walking so far. How much weight have you lost and how long have you been doing them?

I am glad to see so many others doing what I am doing. You all are very inspiring. Nice to meet you all

~Tlo
tlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 235/228/165

Height: 5'7

Default Newbie

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I have done WATP in the past and really llke them. A Little bit about myself. I am 42 yrs young I live in N California. I have 4 sons 25,21,15 and......... 14 months. Crazy I know. I would like to lose about 50 lbs. I am hoping to get some motivation from all you motived walkers....smiles. I like the idea of how you guys challenge yourselves with time exercising ie: minutes, miles. That is great. How would I go about starting something like this? I mean like what would be some reasonable and reachable numbers to start with? I have been doing medifast for about 2 weeks and it is working great. I need to add a little exercise tho. I do have some Leslie dvds and the Walk Slim from prevention and the Turbo Jam dvds. I'd like to say CONGRATS to all you loosers. That is awesome. Anyways I am hoping to give support and get some as well. And of course make some online friends.

Good Luck to all

Rose

235/226/170??
uniquedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #176  
Lifelong Journey Member

Rose, please do join us. We're now on the February thread but will be soon changing to the march thread. Take a look and copy your post over to the Feb thread. We'd sure like to have you join us.
Marie