Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:53 AM   #46  

Thanks for the kick girls! I'm going to try to clean up the sloppy spots in my routine. It's hard with the summer because I work a full time job and also work at a restaurant 2 nights during the week. On Friday nights I pack my bags & dogs and head up to the lake until Sunday night. This leaves me Tuesday and Wednesday evenings free (or as free as I can be after doing the yardwork, laundry, shopping and trying to clean the house).

I just got word from my gym that they are going to be opening at 6:30 am on 2 mornings so maybe that is my answer. I always did best when I got my exercise out of the way in the morning. It always started my day on a positive note and cleared my head for the events of the day. Now if I can only drag my tired *** out of bed at 6 instead of snoozing until 7, I'll be OK.

Have a great weekend everybody!
daisimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:35 PM   #47  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Morning workouts can be nice although I often feel so tired afterwards that I take an afternoon cat nap @_@ Still, it is nice having a 24 hour gym here. I love it. I can go at 2 AM if I wanted to!! ...not that I really want to, though.

And more good news... I am down a pound as of this morning!! Whoo!!! I better be after how hard I've been working. I've been working my butt off - literally. Squats, gradual inclines on the treadmill, stairstepper, lunges... I have to get my big bootay into shape so I don't giggle too much next week. The swimsuit part of pageants doesn't bother me much because I'm a lifeguard so people see me in my swimsuit all the time, but it is my weak point so I've got to work hard if I want to win the crown!!
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 03:10 AM   #48  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I ran lots yesterday, ate healthily too. My blubberbubble is leaving me. I managed to get some tight-ish office shorts on without looking like a sack of potatoes tied in the middle!!!!!

This morning is kickboxing, then shopping in London for invites and bridesmaids pressies at Tiffany's Had a mozzarella and spinach omlette for brekky with a banana, hoping to keep up the healthy trend all day
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:16 PM   #49  

lessthansign3 -- I hope we can get to see some pics of the pageant and good luck to you...

2F -- Good for you for clean eating

Today was a fairly clean eating day but I had about 3 glasses of wine with supper so yet again my day is higher calories than I would like...
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:12 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Ilene~ Thanks for the offer!! Catch up to me in August, so I can fresh start with you all!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:16 AM   #51  
aka Superwoman!

Ilene - my eating has never BEEN so clean! I swear on Saturday, not a "proper" carb passed my lips! All my carbs were from fruit and veggies! I feel like I'm doing Atkins but without the horrible side effects and heart-attacks and bacon!

I tell you it's paying off - I'm seeing delts again!!! AND I'm about 7lbs heavier than the last time I saw delts. This can only mean one thing! MORE MUSCLE!

Oh AND I'm WEARING those "city shorts" that were too tight the other week

D'you wanna see my menu for today?! Do ya? Do ya? You do!?

1.5-2ish miles run

Brekky
puffed wheat cereal (this is ok, since it's post workout!) with raspberries and light soya milk

Snack
apple
avocado
strawberries in whipped cottage cheese
few roasted chick peas

weights workout - back and possibly bis

Lunch
stir fried chicken with LOTS of veggies and brown rice

Snack
Quorn sausages with carrots and cucumber

Snack
Quorn sausages, erm, with carrots and cucumber!!

kickboxing

Dinner
salmon fillet with green beans

Seeeee..... not too many carbs at all!

Oh, and it's working
Old 07-24-2006, 01:01 PM   #52  

YAY 2F, great menu!! I am back to the basics today too... yesterday, Sunday was good except I had two beers but the rest of the actual food was good...Today I'm on the right track again... This morning I went rollerbladding with DD and then to the gym to do legs It's all good !!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:02 PM   #53  
aka Superwoman!

Ninjas don't drink beer, Ilene

I'm SO excited about weigh-in day! I'm down 3.5lbs since last Weds already! which I think is glycogen from my muscles and water, and fat - my caliper readings are down I haven't compromised any strength in the gym, in fact I lifted rather heavy today

Ok I'm going to stop gloating!

Where's Lucky? She needs some of my to rub off on her, perhaps?
Old 07-24-2006, 05:41 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
Ninjas don't drink beer, Ilene
MOI a Ninja??? ...

on the weight loss 2F, keep up the great work ... you ARE
Old 07-25-2006, 03:54 AM   #55  
aka Superwoman!

Yeah - you! I suppose you could replace Ninja with "athlete" but Ninja works for me....
Old 07-25-2006, 08:40 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Get your wheelbarrows out gals! My legs and tri's feel like I've had an excellent workout. And I've got more concrete chunks to move.
Yesterday I was up to my eyeballs in food. I went to get my 20 lbs box of beans and the lady gave me about 30 lbs of beets (free). I just nicely got started when the lady from our corner store called to say my frozen fruit was in and that she had no room to keep it. I shoved those pails in the freezer and will deal with them today. I did, however, get the beans and beets done. I was standing in the kitchen pretty much from noon until after nine last evening.
I have no way of quantifying the beans or beets I ate as I went along Nor how much energy that took. I slept well.
Not knowing that the frozen fruit was coming, I bought cheap seasonal fruit at the grocers in the morning. So I had lots of good eats and (interestingly enough) I think I rounded up to about 1500 cals.
I'm feeling pretty accomplished this morning.
I have more outside work to do today. I think our risk of showers is pretty high. I should maybe get out there this morning.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:24 PM   #57  

Height: 5'4"

I've been out of touch for the last couple of weeks...went on a business trip to the California Central Coast.

I was supposed to come back on Monday but we didn't have everything done so we tried to change the flight to Tues/Wed but all were booked til Friday. The whole thing ended up taking til Friday anyway so that worked out OK but I was not looking forward to getting on the scale when I got home. Surprise, surprise, I lost 2#'s while I was gone, woohoo, yay me! And that was with a day of wine tasting (BTW, the most fun ever).

Now the challenge is to get back in the gym habit. I actually put my gym clothes on yesterday, got in the car, drove to the gym, started driving around looking for a parking place, and then realized I was still wearing my flip flops. Note to self: must not day dream about dreamy new boyfriend while getting ready to go to the gym.

Good to hear that everyone is at least close to being on track...
JuliaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:07 AM   #58  
aka Superwoman!

@ Julia

I realised something last night. I had a WHOLE WEEK of clean eating last week. And I LOST 3LBS! I think there's a correlation...

Today I am upping my carbs slightly, then tomorrow I am back on the healthy wagon with veggies at every meal etc etc
Old 07-26-2006, 08:17 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

Good for you 2Frus! Yes, I believe there just might be some correlation.

I've lost a total of 3 pounds in one month, but the going is so slooow that I'm feeling a little down today. This month did include a vacation week where I was not so good and gained about half pound. When I look at my journal I've done pretty well except for my percentages! I will work on this through the next upcoming weeks!
softballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 09:25 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

3 lbs in one month is good! We're not very big any more and can't expect the big drops. Three pounds of fat takes up a lot of space on a little person like you Softballmom! You're doin' good ... very good!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote