Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-15-2006, 10:31 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

Glad to be back and have you guys here for accountability.

I enjoyed my vacation (maybe a little too much). It looks like I gained back up to the 132-133 range; I jumped on the scales as soon as I got home

I had a few beers and margaritas while at the beach, and then last night we hit a seafood buffet that had too much fried and not enough grilled etc.
I'm thinking it's mostly water weight, but I'm saddened by the increase anyway, especially since it has been taking so much longer to remove these last pounds now. I did do my running (C25K) every other morning and walked on the other mornings for the most part.

Now that vacation is over, life can get back to my new normal
I think I'm going to start the weight training on my alternate days of running. I still have about 20 pounds left, but I want to firm up as I lose these last "few" to get to goal. Also, time to get back to my clean eating that I had finally conquered prior to taking a week off. I have to say that eating pizza, fried seafood, even ice cream left me feeling gross instead of good. I wanna feel good (and healthy), so back to it!
softballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:34 PM   #32  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Hey there everyone! I haven't posted much this summer... I've just been real busy and everything. I still have these last few pounds to take off... they just won't go away no matter what I do. Right now I'm feeling even worse because I'm bloaty and PMS-ing. Ugh. Hate it. I've been eating pretty well, although last night I lost it and had a big bowl of corn flakes and a little ice cream, but we all slip up sometimes, especially during PMS. I really want to reach my goal before my pageant on July 29th. 8 lbs in two weeks isn't very reasonable, though. I hope after the bloat is gone that I might see that I've made even a little bit of progress. Still, I'm very disappointed. I was steadily losing weight until this June and now I'm completely stalled and no where near where I wanted to be.

Sigh... hope everyone else is having better luck than I am. <3
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:53 PM   #33  

Remember me?

I've got a lot of catching up to do! It will have to wait, though. We are still at the beach. I've not even tried to watch what I'm eating. But, we have been very, very active and I don't think much damage has been done. Other than not being any closer to losing weight, of course. We are heading home tomorrow and I'll be giving 110%! Funny how a week or so of reckless abandon leaves you craving your old, healthier routines.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying on track!
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:06 AM   #34  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Had a weekend camping, had a heart-attack breakfast - sausage bacon and egg, mushrooms and a hash brown and 2 slice of toast! Tasty though! And you totally deserve something like that after a night squashed in a tiny, sweaty tent with no airbed or even squidgy sleeping mats!

Weighed this morning but not taking it too seriously - got majorly dehydrated last night on the coach, so probably that and all the bloomin bacon I had Bacon for breakfast, chicken and bacon sandwich for lunch, and er... chicken and bacon sandwich for tea! I did have lots of fruit and stuff too!

Oh and today marks the start of another MAD week of exercise - running 3 times, weights 3 or 4 times and kickboxing 4 times it!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:26 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

MMMM bacon! I love restaurant breakfast! That's (almost) what I go on vacation for. Not at home tho'. If the fella's want bacon and tomato on toast, I buy six slices and that's all.
I have a plan for today. I even posted it in the Tuesday thread. I will do right today!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:54 AM   #36  

It's official, I did gain about a pound over vacation. I am 130.5 instead of 129.5 On plan is now getting my water intake back up to 72oz and cleaner eats portioned out (no guessing).

Keep it up girls, we can do this!
Old 07-20-2006, 03:51 AM   #37  
aka Superwoman!

I'm doing good - feeling positive. Yesterday was a little blip in my zig-zags but all in all I don't feel too bad about it since I ate plenty of fruit and healthy stuff as well as some not-so-healthy stuff!

Today I have so much fresh fruit and veg and lovely yummy stuff with me - my desk looks like a greengrocer's shop!

Yesterday at the gym I attempted a pullup - and managed to lift myself about half an inch! Which is progress on just hanging there! I've bought myself a door gym so that I can practise them at home!
Old 07-20-2006, 10:55 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

Well ladies I'm happy to report that the scale is still moving in the right direction. It seems that I have finally gotten 'it' back together and all the links are falling into place. Lovin' life right now.

Gaylyn
getncontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:46 PM   #39  

Hi girls....remember me? I have been so "out of the zone" so to speak for the past month that I am ashamed to show my face here! OK, so that's a bit exagerated but I have really not been able to get my head around the healthy eating/working out thing lately. I did manage to weigh in at Weight Watchers on Tuesday and I am still hovering around 134 which is surprising with all the stuff I've been eating. I was supposed to go to the gym twice this week and found good excuses (?) to avoid it. I haven't gone totally off the wagon but I am teetering on the brink!

I think I need someone to give me a kick in the pants to get me going again. Any volunteers?
daisimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:18 PM   #40  

daisimae, Here is your kick in the pants.

You can do this! Maybe take those small steps once again and work up to what you had been doing. You know you can do it, too. Post here for accountability if you need to.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:30 AM   #41  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Hey there! My TOM is almost over, at last, and I'm feeling much less bloaty. The pageant's in a little more than a week and it is all I can think about. I spent the entire day today preparing. Working out, dying my hair, practicing my talent, and a few other things, too. I'm not sure where my weight's at since I haven't weighed in for awhile but on Sunday we'll find out if my hard work has paid off!!
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:09 AM   #42  
aka Superwoman!

daisi Here you go Always happy to offer a kick in the pants!

The scales are slowly going down... I ate really clean yesterday for the first time in ages! I'm doing ok today - according to the plan anyway! I might need some extra food after the gym, but we'll see how it goes!
Old 07-21-2006, 05:50 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

One of the miracles of being "Almost There" is that a couple of pounds make sooo much difference. My last fat is front abdomen. Just in the last couple of days I've noticed that I don't feel like a blubberbubble from boobs to hips, ya know?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:14 AM   #44  
aka Superwoman!

blubberbubble I like it!

Yeah I sure can tell the difference in those (14) lbs I put on!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:47 AM   #45  

I like the "blubberbubble" name. You gotta call it something!

And, SusanB, it takes so looong for those last few pounds to leave us too! We should see some difference, you figure? I too agree, though, that I'm seeing more changes now with a pound lost than I did when I lost several at one time.