Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-06-2006, 04:37 PM   #16  

Height: 5'4"

I'm so glad to see a new thread - it was taking so long to load the old one and I didn't feel like I had posted enough to have the right to start a new one...

I'm now stuck at 125.4 which is indeed better than 126.2 but not by that much. I was so proud of myself last Friday, I had been at the gym every day and thought, I really should take a day off. One turned into two, three, four...arggggghhh. What's wrong with me? I think I'm going to have to start going to the gym to pose on what should be my off day just to keep in the habit. Now I have two days down, the rest of my life to go. I always feel better (even if only the lack of guilt) when I go, so why do I ever not????

I have decided that my whole issue is that I seem to either live like a hermit, not seeing anyone or going anywhere and lose weight quickly (dare I say, easily?); OR enjoy my friends, my life etc and constantly watch my weight go up. I'm struggling to find a balance where my weight goes SLOWLY down (i.e. see above where I'm at 126.2 for two weeks, then 125.4 for two weeks) or at least maintain while still living the life that I want to.

Does anyone have a couch I can lie on for more self analysis?
JuliaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:00 AM   #17  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello all!

I had a good day yesterday! I slipped up on one piece of chocolate Which I consider my little daily treat. Today I am meeting my skinny friend in Covent Garden for dinner. I'm going to be eating salad!

If I can be "clean" for today Suse, so can you

Not got any exercise planned today. Had to skip my morning run since DF woke me up at midnight by rolling home and trying to wash up So I woke with a splitting headache. and decided to have another 40 mins in bed.

We can do this, we CAN WE CAN! Just remember, fuel your bodies with jet fuel (lean proteins, veggies, wholegrains), not crude oil (pizza, doughnuts, HoHos, WINE, chips)
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

2Frus: Love your fuel analogy!

JuliaTN: I totally hear ya and understand with the very sloooowwww movement of the scale. I tend to get discouraged when I don't see the movement after doing everything right, so I sabotage myself with the "what's the use" mantra. Fortunately, my dh or kids will ask "do you really want that?" That at least makes me think out my choice for the moment.

I'll be on vacation and away from the computer next week, so you girls be good and give me lots to read when I get back....
softballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:25 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Ooooo I have hit a speed bump today. I knew there was a posibility that I would get sent home from work after 4 hours and I had plans! Walking, weights, housework. So I allowed myself a lovely cookie (or two) brought in by an appreciative patient and some gummies. I got busying around and all of a sudden the bottom dropped out.
I haven't had a blood sugar drop in eons! It feels so weird. I wobbled down to the kitchen and scarfed some protein. Now I think I'll go lay down. Yucky!
I'll get back at my mega plans a little later, I think.

Lesson gals .... avoid those fast carbs and eat good food every couple of hours!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #20  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom
Fortunately, my dh or kids will ask "do you really want that?" That at least makes me think out my choice for the moment.
My family does that too and it seems to make me snap out of my stupidity, most of the time...

Susan-- Sugar and refined carbs do that to me 90% of the time now, and it helps to keep me away from them... Unless I want to snooze in the afternoon...

Well gotta run, DD just asked to go rollerblading, so I'm off... TTFN
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:19 AM   #21  

I have got to get my act together here gals and stop letting life bonk me this way and that. Instead of taking control and making the life fit my life ... I'm just lazing along floating from one thing to the next. I used to be much better at quickly fitting fitness between stuff.
And the proof is in the pudding (shaped belly ) ... I feel wretched. Draggy, lazy ....
Oh Jenfrus ... I'm failing our Wednesday to Wednesday callenge!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #22  
aka Superwoman!

Oh snap Susan - I'm totally bummed out and bonked today! I'm not very well at all, got all fevery cold bug and I've been on a road trip and eaten too much and dozed in the car in a carb coma and I feel totally yuck too!

Yesterday I ran another 5K race, not a bad time and I then went for lunch and shared a pizza and an ice cream sundae with DF. Then I was still hungry and I've kinda been a bit off my healthy eats plan these past few days? How about we have a Tuesday to Tuesday plan! I could start a new thread? Anyone wanting to join us - commit to a week of clean eating jump right in!

The day that I was worried about, eating out with my super-skinny friend, I was an we had sushi for lunch and I had sea bass for dinner with just veg and no carbs!!!! I think I over compensated for it yesterday and today though Doh Doh Doh! *sigh*

I'm going to be good tomorrow. I hope this bug passes soon, I feel all horrible and I want to EXERCISE!
Old 07-12-2006, 07:47 AM   #23  
aka Superwoman!

Had a buggy day all day yesterday, ended up asleep all day! My kinda day! Well I was asleep apart from the eating moments!

Today I'm doing well with my eating so far. There's a buffet at lunch but I'm talking myself into the fact that it'll make me feel ill. I've already had my protein shake, I'm

If I get through today, tomorrow will be easy. Getting through today should be easy since I'm not really very hungry at all from the past few days of eating junk.

I'm recouperating tonight, then double kickboxing tomorrow night Looking forward to it! Oh and that means I will find it easier to eat less since I will be occupied all night.

:
Old 07-12-2006, 05:06 PM   #24  

Work is seriously interfering with my gumption to work out. I get a little weightlifting in but noooo cardio. I'm relying on busy shifts to make up the difference
I should try to remember to weigh myself in the morning.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:57 AM   #25  
aka Superwoman!

Thanks Ilene *swipes megaphone* SUSAN - What about your ABCDs?? CARDIO IS GOOD

Had a fairly decent day yesterday but felt a little antsy without any exercise. I did need the rest though, so that I am well rested for tonight's kickboxing. I'm still a little drippy in the nose area, but nothing that will hinder my kickboxing too much!

Down a pound this morning, feeling hopeful for the rest of the week.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:12 PM   #26  

The only thing I can spell this week is PMS. It's no fun getting older girls. I did not see this coming. Even tho' I've been draggin' all week, puffy, crampy and ache-y. Yeesh! I haven't had one of these since the beginning of May!

On the up-side. I'm dumping fluid like nobody's business!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:01 PM   #27  
Ilene the Bean

Susan, I haven't had a period since May '05 I remember those days all too well... It's a wonderful thing not having any...

Today and yesterday were good days food and exercise wise...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:51 AM   #28  
aka Superwoman!

Oooh count yourselves lucky you hens

I run my pills together just for a break!
Old 07-14-2006, 09:14 AM   #29  
aka Superwoman!

Just a quick update. A couple of NSVishes today/last night

Last night, mega upset. Didn't eat chocolate

At the airport (picking someone up) I was STARVING and I chose an (expensive) fruit salad over biscuits and crisps

This lunchtime mega mega hungry, only ate one chocolate biscuit before dinner! Didn't overeat, which is a big problem I have when I get very hungry. SO all in all, not a bad coupla days considering it could've been a LOT LOT worse. I feel quite proud!
Old 07-14-2006, 09:56 AM   #30  

Please...I'm on the pill and not only did my little "friend" show up a week early , he has been hanging around for 8 days instead of 4 !!!!

This sucks! I almost can't wait for menopause
daisimae is offline   Reply With Quote