Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 128.4/115.8/105

Height: 5 2"

Default Goals for March

What is everyone's goals for March?

I would love to reach 110 lbs by the end of the month---March 31st.

How about everyone else?
wedeburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:51 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Same weight. More muscle. Less fat.

Rinse. And repeat.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:58 PM   #3  

You look great, Ian! Hope you put on all of the muscle you want!
Old 02-28-2015, 09:06 PM   #4  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Wink

Two pounds, yo! That will get me to a weight I can't even imagine - 109.5. Is that angels I hear singing?
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:19 PM   #5  

109 would be AMAZING, HungerWerks! I cannot imagine! You are sooooo close!
Old 03-01-2015, 07:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/155/140

Height: 65 inches

I'm hoping to introduce healthier snacking back to my life. I'm one week into Phase 1 of South Beach and I can't weight to get back to eating fruits for snack! But I want to continue eating plenty of veggies too.

I also want to continue running 3x/week. I'm four weeks into my couch-to-10K program, which is farther than I ever got with any program.

As for my weight, I hope to be under 155 lbs.
crunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:56 PM   #7  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymama View Post
I'm hoping to introduce healthier snacking back to my life. I'm one week into Phase 1 of South Beach and I can't weight to get back to eating fruits for snack! But I want to continue eating plenty of veggies too.

I also want to continue running 3x/week. I'm four weeks into my couch-to-10K program, which is farther than I ever got with any program.

As for my weight, I hope to be under 155 lbs.
Sounds like a super plan, CrunchyMama!

I really am liking running more these days. I used to kind of hate it. Not sure why the flip switched, but I'm glad!

That Couch to 10K plan must be good - I've heard lots of people say good things about it!
Old 03-01-2015, 08:13 PM   #8  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedeburn View Post
109 would be AMAZING, HungerWerks! I cannot imagine! You are sooooo close!
Thank you! Your enthusiasm is inspiring to me, and I'm sure to many others.

And it's not all about hunger: Right now, if you don't mind my sharing, I'm majorly enjoying couscous with steamed red peppers and green beans. Yum!
Old 03-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 145/140/115

Height: 5'3

Trying to focus this month on my exercise regimen, and mostly healthy eating, with portion control. I'd been getting too caught up and discouraged from the numbers on the scale creeping up due to what I think is water weight.

Spin class 3x a week. 20 minutes of yoga daily in the morning. Trying to add some light running 2-3 times a week.

I want to focus on getting in shape and getting strong - then hopefully the weight loss will follow.
omnomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:47 AM   #10  

now that the weather should be improving for most of us here in the US, we can all look forward to getting out and about and adding more exercise to our weight loss goals.

I really love this site and the motivation and accountability it provides. I have a laser focus now that I have not had in years. I finally realize that I want to be happy and feel good about the way I look.

I have read many others mention how their weight gain made them lack confidence and self esteem. It also made many of us----myself included----stop socializing the way I used to in the past. Whenever I would get invited to a function, it would create such stress and dread for me. Nothing I own fit and everything I would put on would make me look like a bull. It was so frustrating and depressing, yet I would not make a commitment to lose weight. I would always say to myself, "you HAVE to lose weight", but I would try for a day or a week and then I would just put my head in the sand and live in denial.

This time, I am committed. I want to feel confident. It has been such a long time since I felt that way.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #11  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedeburn View Post
now that the weather should be improving for most of us here in the US, we can all look forward to getting out and about and adding more exercise to our weight loss goals.

I really love this site and the motivation and accountability it provides. I have a laser focus now that I have not had in years. I finally realize that I want to be happy and feel good about the way I look.

I have read many others mention how their weight gain made them lack confidence and self esteem. It also made many of us----myself included----stop socializing the way I used to in the past. Whenever I would get invited to a function, it would create such stress and dread for me. Nothing I own fit and everything I would put on would make me look like a bull. It was so frustrating and depressing, yet I would not make a commitment to lose weight. I would always say to myself, "you HAVE to lose weight", but I would try for a day or a week and then I would just put my head in the sand and live in denial.

This time, I am committed. I want to feel confident. It has been such a long time since I felt that way.
Great observations! And the opposite of what I bolded in your post is also true: Losing weight and keeping it off can help build confidence and self-esteem. They aren't necessary, but they can help! For me, it makes me feel in control, and that's part of the confidence. How many things in life can you control, really? As long as it's done in a healthy way, it seems like a good goal to strive for.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/155/140

Height: 65 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
Sounds like a super plan, CrunchyMama!

I really am liking running more these days. I used to kind of hate it. Not sure why the flip switched, but I'm glad!

That Couch to 10K plan must be good - I've heard lots of people say good things about it!
Same with me! I was a Zumba/yoga girl but my husband likes running and I got a jogging stroller when my son was born. At some point, I felt I should use it and now I understand the runner's high.

I use the free Zen Labs version on my Samsung; gearing up that with Pandora (Rock of Ages Soundtrack station) is what keeps me going. If I can run outside, I switch to MapMyRun, so I can track my miles and my time. If only this snow would melt!
crunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #13  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

I want to get to 135 by the end of the month (I'm at 138 today). I also want to get more serious about my 5k running.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 145/140/115

Height: 5'3

I went running Saturday and Sunday with my boyfriend! We did about a mile both times, and I felt like I was going to die! Gasping for air the whole time. I'm still new to running and pretty out of shape.

We've been together about 2 years now but had never gone running together before. Mostly, I was really intimidated because he's really athletic and used to run cross country. It ended up being a lot of fun, though, even though I could tell he was only doing it to keep me company and that it wasn't much of a workout for him.

Now that the weather's warmer, I want to run more often so I can get faster. Then I can race him!
omnomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:00 PM   #15  
Nutritionally Obsessed

S/C/G: 130/118/under 120

Height: 5'5"

I would like to up my weekly mileage (running) to four times a week minimum and four or five miles

Oh, and more vegetables!!
JenFZ09 is offline   Reply With Quote