Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:12 AM   #16  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFZ09 View Post
I would like to up my weekly mileage (running) to four times a week minimum and four or five miles

Oh, and more vegetables!!
Hi JenFZ - Just wanted to say thanks for setting up a fantastic February weigh in thread. Hope I didn't step on any toes when I used your format to start one for March.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:46 PM   #17  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymama View Post
Same with me! I was a Zumba/yoga girl but my husband likes running and I got a jogging stroller when my son was born. At some point, I felt I should use it and now I understand the runner's high.

I use the free Zen Labs version on my Samsung; gearing up that with Pandora (Rock of Ages Soundtrack station) is what keeps me going. If I can run outside, I switch to MapMyRun, so I can track my miles and my time. If only this snow would melt!
There is absolutely nothing like music to get me moving. Without it, I'm an utter snail - no offense to snails.

I ran a 5K with my younger daughter a couple three years ago, and I thought we would be dead last. The cop car that was protecting the runners was right behind us!

Then, I remembered my iPod. Hooked that sucker up and was off like, well, not a shot, but at least we were not dead last, or even close.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:49 PM   #18  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Cool The Future's So Bright!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnomgirl View Post
I went running Saturday and Sunday with my boyfriend! We did about a mile both times, and I felt like I was going to die! Gasping for air the whole time. I'm still new to running and pretty out of shape.

We've been together about 2 years now but had never gone running together before. Mostly, I was really intimidated because he's really athletic and used to run cross country. It ended up being a lot of fun, though, even though I could tell he was only doing it to keep me company and that it wasn't much of a workout for him.

Now that the weather's warmer, I want to run more often so I can get faster. Then I can race him!
How wonderful! And, from what I understand about guys, he didn't care about any difference in your running styles. He was just uber happy that you were there with him!
Old 03-04-2015, 01:56 PM   #19  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisskiss View Post
I want to get to 135 by the end of the month (I'm at 138 today). I also want to get more serious about my 5k running.
Congrats on "losing it" - your tagline - and reaching your goal!
Old 03-04-2015, 01:59 PM   #20  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFZ09 View Post
I would like to up my weekly mileage (running) to four times a week minimum and four or five miles

Oh, and more vegetables!!
Yay, veggies! And good luck with the running - you must be in amazing shape to run those distances.