Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:16 AM   #1  
Find Joy in the Journey

S/C/G: ?/128lbs/107lbs

Height: 4,10

Default Weight Watchers question

I fell of the wagon But I want to start the weight loss process again. I'm curious about Weight Watchers. I would like to lose 20lbs. Would joining Weight Watchers help me?

And if you've had experience with WW can you please offer the good and bad about the program as well as how it works.
eyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

I am sorry but I have never tried WW. I have heard great things about it though! In my opinion, the success of WW comes from the big support system. Much like the one on here. Just find what works for you, make better choices, get out and move a little more, and stay motivated! You will get there

Last edited by Dianne042425; 10-20-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

I have found that calorie counting (or approximating) in my case works just as well as weight watchers, however if you don't have much experience or knowledge about good, filling foods or calorie counting, or portion control WW is a great place to learn it!

You also have to ask yourself if you are prepared to track every single thing you eat, because if you don't you will not get the full benefits of WW.

I have recently been considering re-joining online, but based on coversation with other WW users I have determined that it is probably not worth the money for me at this time.
---sorry if this wasn't helpful----!!!

Good luck!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #4  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

I have done WW several times, and up until this current weight loss effort (which started out with WW), it was the ONLY thing that succeeded for me. I found the structure to be very helpful, with total flexibility on WHAT you eat, just that you keep the total under a certain number of points for the day. I really liked that WW works whether you eat out a lot, cook all your own meals, have dietary restrictions or preferences for certain types of food. It also really stresses that the changes you make in your eating patterns need to be life-long commitments, and not (like say Jenny Craig or an ultra-low-carb approach), something you adopt for weight loss purposes only, and then have to figure out what to do to maintain your weight once you've lost it. If you've never lost weight and kept it off successfully, I highly recommend it.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote