Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:31 AM   #46  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Wah - I have been super good since Monday and am still 136.4 - I must be due a whoosh soon!!

I ran 4 miles yesterday morning for the first time in a while - I forgot how hard it is!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:55 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Crunch time my darlings.

When the going gets tough, tough featherweights turn to measurements.

My weight stats are not good, despite averaging 1363 cals per day and elliptical more than 6 days per week.
Don't get me wrong, I have lost weight over the last four weeks, just not this week and that messes up my nice downward trend. This is when I normally would have become befuddled and lost my grip. However ....

Measurements!!! I lost bust, waist, hips and thighs! Gained bicep and must have transcribed something wrong because I'm pretty sure I didn't increase my calves by 3"
The best? Waist -1 3/4 inches!!!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 135/135/110

Height: 5'3

Good work Susan! Thankfully, those scale numbers aren't written on our foreheads or anything, so I reckon they're pretty pointless beyond a basic accountability thing. Measurements on the other hand - well, thats out there for the world to see. You sound like you're doing amazingly in that department (Popeye calves or not!).

Last edited by kiakaha; 10-08-2009 at 08:55 AM.
kiakaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #49  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

SusanB - most impressive inch losses! Wow! And yes, a 3" calf gain is a little suspect.
Robsia - best wishes for your successful training!
kia - hi, I'm new too!
lekshmi - please send some healing vibes my way once you're done with them! Looks like you're back to plan with a vengeance!
Ilene - and the holiday planning and strategies? Would love to hear how you go about it ...
sodium - mmmm apple pie.
amy - KFC scares me. Do they have anything that "works"?
mandyt - hi!

I'm sneaking/peeking toward what I had for an original goal, so I'm thinking about the next one. I put a deadline of Monday morning on figuring out what I'm going to tackle next. It feels like time to look away from the scale, because I need to get serious about getting stronger. Hmmmm. I'm not even sure if measurements will work, because I don't know where I'll end up. Time to get creative!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:41 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 127/127/105

Height: 5'1

so this is my first post in this part (i hope that's ok, i'm still trying to figure out how this site works). i intended for october to be my month of starting to diet and i have 20 lbs to lose. it was just my birthday, so i thought it would be a good time. then i came down with the flu. so i'm all sick, have two cakes in the fridge AND it's (canadian) thanksgiving this weekend!yikes!
i'm trying to do the best i can though and am using the sick time to try and figure out what the best eating/exercise plan is for me. (still haven't figured that one out...)
reading all your posts about your progress is really inspiring me!
jiggles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:54 AM   #51  
MasterHarper

WTG Susan!! Well done!

ICUwishing - I still can't get away from the scale - it rules my life! I take measurements too, but it's still my weight that I consider the most important - measurements just come along for the ride. I just wish my boobs didn't go down when I get to this stage!

jiggles77 - welcome to the site and to the Featherweights forum! Being sick is never a good time to diet as your body needs fuel to fight the illness. Why not try just eating sensibly while you are sick but not cutting down too much- that way you don't actually put anything on, but you aren't depriving your body of fuel?

I got my whoosh today - 135.2!! Yay me.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:45 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Hey there Feathers! I was wondering why I hadn't seen this thread! Oh DUH....its a new month so I am subscribed....heheh

Robsia - yay. you were due for a woosh!

ICU - I am the same way. I need to focus on strength as well. Congratulationssssss!

Susan - WTG on your measurements! That is awesome. As kiakaha said , that is what the world sees!!!

I MET MUH 50 LB GOAL Woot Woot. Now between 4-9 to go....since I am actually 1 pound below my goal of 165. I have lost 27 inches overall. 12 of those are from my thighs combined. Whoa!

Last edited by CakeBatter; 10-09-2009 at 07:46 AM.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #53  

Good morning! and thanks everyone!

Yes, people are noticing. Some of my scrubs are quite baggy.

All featherweights should be here. I find a chat thread to be very motivational.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #54  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Cake - CONGRATS!!! 6 inches off each thigh? Yowza! Are you going to post a story in the Goals thread?
Robsia - so that sound I heard in the middle of my night was your stall shattering! cool! Is your avatar a pic of your engagement ring? My gawd, that's lovely! (I'm an amateur gemologist in the process of becoming a pro)
jiggles - hiya - I'm sick too, and thinking strategy too, and new too! Well - new to Featherweights, although I've lurked some over the course of the year!
SusanB - right on! I was just telling some of my chickies over in 40+ that I figure I'm a 3FC'er for life at this point, because being here WORKS. Why fix what ain't broke?

Down another .5 pound. Now in territory that I have not seen in a decade.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am here. I am not unhappy with my weight but would love to take two inches off my waist.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #56  
MasterHarper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
Is your avatar a pic of your engagement ring? My gawd, that's lovely! (I'm an amateur gemologist in the process of becoming a pro)
Yes it is - I am quite chuffed with it also. It was the first one I saw and fell in love with - nothing else even came close.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:48 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You pick out your own engagement ring ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:28 AM   #58  

Good morning!

I ate very badly yesterday and washed it down with beer. Not even lite beer ... just plain old PBR.

I'm off to work just shortly and then the kids are coming for supper. I'm not sure when we'd get around to doing that if DH didn't cook.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:31 AM   #59  
MasterHarper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
You pick out your own engagement ring ?
Well, I did, and he was happy to go along with it - he said he would rather buy me wanted I wanted. Not everyone does though.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #60  
Ilene the Bean

I chose my own wedding band, I didn't get an engagement ring I wanted the diamonds on a wide wedding band...

Drive by post really, it's been a so-so week food wise...Exercise has been good, but not excellent...

TTFN...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote