Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:28 AM   #46  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

ty susan I guess im just going to keep going, and not give up until i hit my goal
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:00 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Good Monday morning!

About the only thing I did right this weekend is forget that there was a meeting after church. I had to run home to get a notebook. Two trips of over 15 minutes each.

You are welcome 100%! I'll just trail a bit behind you to 130 lbs, OK?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone -

I had another really bad weekend, food and exercise wise. I think it's a combination of a few things - First, I am just under a LOT of stress right now (hopefully this will get better after the conference I'm going to this week - giving not one but THREE presentations, and prepping for one of them, in particular, has been very stressful due to the various personalities involved...). But secondly, I think my body is really, REALLY comfortable at this weight, and is loath to let go of this last little-bitty, teeny-tiny five pounds that will put me solidly at goal. Truth be told, last time I was maintaining a weight that I held onto for a long time, it was 135, NOT 130. I think my body likes it here.

And maybe a part of me is giving in to being 135. I finally got sick of not having any clothes that fit, so I dropped a bunch of pants off at the tailor's on Saturday, rather than continuing to wait until I'd dropped to 130. I've been 133-136 for the past two months. I show NO SIGNS of actually going to 130, and I want some clothes that fit!

Ugh.
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:29 AM   #49  

I was feeling so sorry for myself after working a couple hours of overtime yesterday! I ate too much supper and couldn't muster any cardio. However ... I did get on the floor and do a fat half hour of abs and good old fashion buns of steel exercises.

In all honesty .. I did feel better for having exerted myself. Remind me I said that when I think I'm too tired to exercise
Old 06-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

So, I am weighing in at 134.2 this morning (good - but definitely maintenance & not losing), BUT I am leaving today for a conference in New Jersey followed by four days in New York City (bad!). I know I won't have time to exercise at the conference (the hotel gym only opens 30 min. before I have to be at the conference site each day, & I have a dinner event at 8:00 each evening, with the hotel gym closing at 10), but figure I can control my eating fairly well since I'll be on a schedule. NYC is the opposite - I'll be making time to exercise, but won't want to deny myself the lovely food that is ONLY available in NYC!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #51  

Hope you have a good trip Su-Bee!

Today I figured out how to elliptical while reading! I can't vary my intesity but I can pedal along for a while. Not bad. I think I'll do that once in a while. Especially if I'm tired from work. It's sure better than nothing.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:30 AM   #52  

Morning!

I was just reading a little and noticed my June exercise ticker. If it's the 18th today, I'd better get my rear in gear. No more skipping days and taking short cuts!
Old 06-19-2009, 08:48 AM   #53  

I'm wondering about that ticker thing ... I had to go and re-enter my minutes from yesterday. They just didn't take ... hmmm ...

Last night I tried to improve my reading on the elliptical routine. Once in a while, I set my book aside and upped the intensity a bit. I did a half hour easily. I'm liking it.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #54  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Default five pounds

Hey feathers!

I am back in the active weight loss game for the last FIVE pounds. I got down to 119 for 3 days and now can maintain somewhat easily at 124-126. But I felt downright lithe at 119.

One of the really motivating factors for me was checking into 3fc daily in the 5lb. challenge threads. I feel like people might get aggravated with me in there right now.

So, here I am in the featherweights looking for some company in the last 5 pounds!! (or, depending on my scale tomorrow, 7 pounds ) One of the things that works for me in terms of maintenance and loss is daily weighing. I know that doesn't work for all. But, I wonder, would you all get annoyed if I used this thread for that?

My goal/ idea is to get back to tracking every bite on daily plate and writing my daily weights in public view. Let me know if that's ok in this thread.

I would love some company in this challenge. Anyone in?
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:11 AM   #55  

Kitty ... you are very welcome to do that here.

I try to post everyday too.

I did a good upper body workout yesterday, the elliptical and walking. I had a nice replenishing day off from work.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:10 AM   #56  
needs constant reminding

I joined you in a day off from work yesterday Susan. But it was not replenishing. I was pretty exhausted by the end of the day. That's life with little ones. And being naturally slovenly/untidy while getting ready for a houseguest

I am at work getting ready for the day to begin. Saw scale at 124 this am so I am officially trying to lose 5 lbs.

Happy weekend feathers! Tonight we have a dinner party and I plan to stick to plan with some planned tastes of not strictly op foods. I will be happy for a no loss but no gain on the scale.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:36 AM   #57  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

Can I jump in here too? I have my "monthly" right now. (hope that's not too personal) so my scale hasn't budged... Stuck at 150, but I'm keeping up with my exercise & healthy eating, so will hopefully see the 140's at the end of the week! I am aiming for 5 days of cardio this week & 3 days of toning.. I would be in heaven to hit 140lbs by the end of July!!

Have a great day ladies!!

Last edited by Moralia; 06-22-2009 at 05:43 AM.
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:53 AM   #58  
needs constant reminding

Hi Moralia, welcome

Ok, saw 123 on Sunday am, cool. Had tons of Chinese food without and counting or portioning and am starting the week at 126.5.

Ate a balance bar for breakfast, heading out for a run and made a huge salad with canned chicken and veggies for lunch and plan to get back to plan!!!

Have a smooth Monday.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:57 AM   #59  

Of course you can join in Moralia! The more the merrier!

I have no good excuse for my weight this morning. Tired, fluffy, yuck, Monday weight ...

Today (I have one day off again) I should set my kitchen up to count calories again, I guess. I've done OK for 15 lbs or so but don't have the mindset to keep things reasonable in the evenings. And I'm going to need that to get much lower I think.
Apparently this is where my weight wants to be if I (mindfully) eat almost what I want and exercise 20 or 25 minutes a day.

I'm not sure what I thought I was avoiding. I liked the process of planning and scheming and recording calories. And I sure liked the constant losses. Liked it much better than this slow yo yo.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #60  

Hi Ladies! It sounds like we all in the same boat - Stuck! My two events that were my motivation over the past few months are now done. I am worried that I will go back to my old ways and gain back the 10 lbs that I worked so hard to lose. I am going to try very hard to keep myself motivated and lose another 8-10 lbs. My body seems to be maintaining at my current weight but I want to go lower and I now realize that I am going to have to work even harder and be more dedicated.
timetostart is offline   Reply With Quote