Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:27 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default We now have housecleaners.

Quote:
If I don't do it...it doesn't get done. He refuses to get a housekeeper as he says this is something we can handle on our own and it will take time for us to get organized yet I am the one going crazy. There is so much dust in our house it's insane and with all the travelling I can barely keep up.
Geans My DH and I spent the first 6 months living together arguing about who would do the cleaning (it always ended up being me as my "dirt tolerance" is lower than his). Then we got two cats who shed hair despite all of my brushing and combing of them. DH kept complaining about his allergies and how "someone" should do the vacuuming twice a week.

So "someone" is now doing the vacuuming and housecleaning. I hired cleaners and told him that he would have to pay half the time and I would pay half the time. END of discussion. And the house is tolerably clean unless I'm away housesitting or on vacation.

I used to do the dishes and tidy whenever I "visited" during a dog sit. Then I stopped because I realized he was leaving everything for me. He ran out of dishes several times and then started washing them. Ditto laundry. Nothing like having to wear dirty socks and underwear to work to remind him to do his wash.

They're remarkably like dogs - trainable but with constant reinforcement and reward being required.

Dagmar (dirty house next week but I'm in NYC so WHO CARES???)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls,

Geans, I'm so sorry to hear about your day... don't worry about complaining. I think I would be bummed out, especially about the anniversary. I wouldn't be able to let it go either, and yes, it would turn into a fight. I hope like Allison said that maybe he is planning to surprise you tonight. Let us know.

As far as the messy house... I have a confession. I am the typical husband as far as that goes. I am the one with the higher dirt tolerance and DH does get annoyed with me. He lays it on me about 1x a month how he has to do more than his share of the cleaning. 90% of the time, it works out ok, as I do make up for lack of cleaning by doing majority of groceries and food prep, all finances, most of laundry, and of course, I do clean. But he does the heavy cleaning, like mopping and vacuuming. I also relate more to the husbands when my friends gripe about their husbands not cleaning house.

Dagmar - yes, I have noticed we are both SLOW and steady. I've been a real rut - not doing much exercise except for weekends - since going back to work/school. This needs to change, I know. So while my weight has inched down, I am feeling more soft and flabby than I have in a long time. Again, THiS MUST CHANGE. I'm sure NYC will be a blast. My fav food to eat in the city is always Indian. My friend who lives in Manhattan who I visit there always takes us to her fav little Indian place. It is divine, so cheap, and has tons of character. As a matter of fact I was in NYC last year on the same weekend you are going. One of my best friends (lives in Idaho) has a bday Oct 14 - we flew in and met and stayed with our mutual friend in Manhattan. We did the Indian restaurant for her birthday and had such a good time!

I'll post the lentil recipe but probably not till this weekend. Energy is really flagging this week - I believe I mistakenly attributed all my symptoms to PMS, while actually I think I have some type of bug. I'm achy and sore from head to toe and very very tired.

Hope everyone had a good day... Geans, let us know how yours turned out.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:49 AM   #33  

Claire Hope you're feeling better soon.

Could you post the name of the Indian restaurant in Manhattan? I always prefer "friend" reviews to professional ones.

Dagmar
Old 10-11-2007, 08:55 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning Featherweights!
While I'm not at that weight over there <<<, I am back under goal since coming home from vacation. Just think how unhealthy that flubber must be. I wonder what my BP is when I'm eating jambalaya etc??? Reminds me of Morgan Spurlock. Ew!

By looking at my kitchen this morning, you'd think nobody does any cleaning around here
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:46 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Since DH and I share our home with two teenagers and two dogs, we're forever cleaning something!

Each day, I clean off the kitchen counters before and after cooking, clean the table before we eat, clean up the dirty dishes and put them in the dishwasher (I refuse to hand wash!!). We do 8+ loads of laundry per week. I sweep the tile at least once a week. We wipe down the shower daily and I wipe down the bathroom counters several times a week. And then the housekeepers come and do a full top to bottom cleaning. There is no way I have time to do that! They come every 2 weeks and the team (1 to 3 of them) are there for at least 3 hours.

DH seems to be enjoying going with me for my morning run. He's gone twice now and no complaints!! He said he liked seeing all the stars. I feel just a bit safer with him out there with me, except of course we don't run together (yet). If he keeps it up, he'll be able to run with me in about 5 weeks.

Scary. There was a lockdown at a local high school this morning. Apparently a student saw a former student on campus and said he had a gun. The police put the school on lockdown for over 2 hours. They did arrest someone, but have yet to find a weapon.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:11 PM   #36  
Ilene the Bean

G'day girls ...

I've had a decent food day today, stayed under 1300 calories... which is good ...

Allison --- School lock down what is this world coming too? ...

I haven't decided yet whether I am going to the gym tonight or not... It's so rainy and dreary out ... One good thing about going back to working part time is that I'll have more day time to go to the gym... YAY for that ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #37  

Hi girls,

Nothing too eventful today... still feeling virus-y or something. I'm not sure what I have going on, but I am definitely under the weather. I'm feeling very weak and have not exercised since Sunday. I hope to be back to normal soon.

Dagmar - let me get in touch with my girlfriend, and I'll post the restaurant and it's location. She lives right on 6th Ave not too far from Radio City, but the restaurant is actually not terribly close to her place. We always get there by subway, so I'll have to ask her.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 10-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #38  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Hi Everyone!

I know I've disappeared for a week or so...I'm down to the last two weeks of experiments for my thesis, and things are getting crazy!!!

So I've decided that I want to start writing down everything that I eat, and counting calories. I know that some of you here have had success with that! Does anybody have any suggestions about how many calories that I should aim for? My activity levels for the next two weeks are probably going to be limited to my once weekly yoga class, and 40 minutes of walking per day.

Feel Better Claire, and Enjoy your vacation Dagmar!!
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:22 PM   #39  

Talking I'm almost gone!!!

Hey Nic! You and I are about the same size and bone structure (from your photo you look to be a "medium" build) and I did the writing down/counting calories thing with 1400 calories per day. Of course my activity level was about 5 hours of walking/wrestling/running and all else I do with the dogs. Why don't you try 1200 cals for a week and see if you lose or not? Adjust from there?

Have a terrific week next week everyone - I'm leavin' on a jet plane for da BIG APPLE - WHOOOHOOO!!!

Dagmar (lady, step away from those smilies!)
Old 10-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #40  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Hello everyone!

How goes it?

Thanks god it's friday right?

So I definitely made a big batch of pasta sauce and froze them. Also froze individual serving sizes of tofu marinated. This weekend I'm going to make a couple batches of healthy muffins to freeze and some lentil stew. I have to go out and get some lentils though, it might be hard to make the stew without them.

allison - School lockdown? Scary. But that's nice that your husband has started running with you.

steibana - I just started recording calories too! I'm not aiming for a particular amount yet. I'm trying to keep it between 1500-1800, but since I'm just starting with cal counting I'd like to see what I'm sort of eating now... and then reduce... Good luck with it though.

Well ladies I must run. Go for an actually run before Friday night activities begin.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:43 PM   #41  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Thanks Dagmar and Cats Tongue!! I think I will aim to be between 1200 and 1300 calories a day and see what happens.

Cats Tongue - are you a student by chance? I can't remember...You're also a vegetarian right? I'm new to vegetarianism...but so far its going well, and I'm enjoying my new way of eating
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:18 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning! I've got nothing new, just wanted to say hello!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #43  

Morning all - I'm heading to Charlottesville today with DH to meet the inlaws for lunch. it's a beautiful fall day for doing that!

Nic - welcome back and good luck finishing your experiments! Don't stress too hard!

Dag - Have a blast! I still haven't heard back from my friend, but then she does have a 2 year old and is 5 months pregnant... so, I will try to call again today and still post the restaurant. Who knows, you may have a moment to jump on the internet while in the city, and maybe it would still work for you to try the restaurant. I don't think you would be disappointed (mind you, it's nothing fancy, it's tiny, has tons of character, and fabulous food, all at reasonable prices)

Anyway, hello to everyone else, and I need to get moving to get out the door!

Oh, Barbara - today is your big day/night... I think? Hope it goes great!
Old 10-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #44  
rswlchic

S/C/G: 246/206.8/160

Height: 6'

Hey all,

Not much going on this weekend. Got up early this AM for my long run (9 miles). For the first time I found it hard. It was very hilly. I really had to pull out the gusto to finish. I don't even know what my time was. I completely forgot to turn on my stop watch.

Anyways, Dagmar have a wonderful trip. I love New York.....it's a great city.

Have a great day all. I am going to soak in epsom salt. That's if I can lift my legs to get in the tub.
rswlchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 01:47 PM   #45  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

G'Morning Featherweights.

I'm sitting here procrastonating doing my homework. Yuck.

Steibana - Yep I'm a student and a vegetarian. When did you come over the veggie side? Ugh, I hate this time of the term. I'm definitely feeling the stress this weekend (I have five midterms over the next TWO weeks.) Yucky. And right now I just can't bring myself to actually do any work, which is the worst thing.

Alright, I'm going to try and get to it. After I check out a couple more boards here though.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote