Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:29 PM   #46  

Default Hi everyone

..........and especially to Susan B. I looked for your post to see if you knew me and there you were! Thanks a lot for your welcome!

Today wasn't a bad day for me. But I find that the night is the worst. I am actually pretty focused during the day on eating healthy, but at supper time and at night, I find it hard to stop nibbling and thinking of something more to eat, even when I am full. I think that is how my body hangs on to these last 10 pounds and never seems to want to let go.
Does anyone else have trouble at night? Maybe I should just go to bed at 8:30!!
suerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:03 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I tried going to bed right after 'House' but I'm wide awake!
Not hungry tho' ... I even checked the fridge and nothing appealed to me.

But lots of us eat in the evening. Just make sure you've got something healthy to snack on. Baby carrots are great!

It's now after 12:30 and I'm finally yawning. You all are gonna have to kick me out the door to go walking tomorrow.
Night everyone.

Last edited by srmb60; 03-14-2007 at 12:31 AM. Reason: didn't want to bump, just say good night.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:51 AM   #48  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Well I think that 2 hours of kickboxing last night got me back in the swing of things.

Today I've had FF greek yoghurt, which is V high in protein with a few sprinklings of musli on the top.

Then I've got some prawns to put in a pitta for lunch, I've bought turkey steaks and green beans for tea. I'm going to roast the green beans and see what happens I've also got some fromage frais for BfL apple pie, which I'm going to make with the plums that have been sitting on my desk for weeks!

I doubt I'll get to the gym at lunch, but I plan on either going after work for some treadmill work OR joining a running group that starts off at our local running shop. I need to see how my knee is feeling really. It's kinda grumbling but in a different way
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:20 AM   #49  

Good morning! What's everyone up to today?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:06 AM   #50  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the reply, Carolyn. Sounds like you have a real handle on the healthy habits you practice regularly and also a good doctor helping to tweak your meds. So many meds have a negative effect on people's weight and add further stress because of that - glad you've had a better experience.

Hello to suerose - some people brush their teeth when they want to be finished eating for the day. Then foods don't taste as good, plus there's this feeling that you'd have wasted your time brushing if you were just going to eat again. And most of us hate to waste time! I grab a stalk of celery lots of evenings, but that's as much to be sure I get in my veggie count as to avoid carbs. When I get to the end of the day and realize I want to add another veggie, I can count on celery not to bother my tummy during sleep. It's very soothing to tummies and in fact is a natural acid-indigestion remedy.

Susan, what a remarkable post you made for us! That was so nice to read through - I felt like I learned more about other posters, too.

Yep, missing some of our students who are probably studying hard, Carey, also Dana and others.

Yesterday was an "off" day and today I'll get in 50 minutes of workout video, probably standing. Reading through Ilene's exercise thread, I am amazed at some of the schedules, upwards to 5 times as much time as I put in. Happy for each of us as long as each is happy! For me, as long as I'm slimming down (whittlin ) at this rate, I love my 2.5 a week.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:38 AM   #51  

I'm kinda draggin' today gals. I've been for a walk/jog and have some laundry on the go but ... blah ...

It's dreary and drizzling. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Likewise, Susan. Although the weather is not dreary, I didn't sleep so well last night and I'm dragging this morning.

Calories were a bit high yesterday but my weight was only up .5 this morning, so that's good. Plan today is light morning and lunch but we're going out to my favorite Mexican place tonight. So that means a margarita!! I plan on ordering the shrimp--it comes with a ton of fresh steamed vegetables.

Carolyn~(((((hugs))))) that is quite the story.

Ilene~polish? Well, if you say so. I guess people think I'm more outstanding than I think I am.

Did you hear that? Doughnut says I'm a mainstay!!!

Glad to hear you're back on track, Jen! Kickboxing sounds like fun, but a lot of work, too!

Hope finals are going well for our college chicks. Hi to the newbies!!! Have a great day everyone!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:44 PM   #53  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Guess what ladies, I've hit my goal weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It ususally takes me two weeks to lose a pound, so I knew I had to be patient and wait it out!

Here's to everyone else reaching her goal as well.

Today, I've already done my floor exercises. Got up to 20 'real' push ups.

DH has put our mountain bikes on the rack on the back of the car. He said he's found some dirt roads out in Wharton State Park in the Pine Barrens of South Jersey. I gave him the raised eyebrow because I failed miserably when he took me on the dirt bike trails through the woods two weeks ago. He swears there won't be hills and valleys, sharp turns and tree roots to negoiate.

Tonight is our West Coast Swing class followed by the dance. We really look forward to Wednesdays now.

DH had a few interviews this week and another on Friday, plus some lined up for next week. In between, we might go spring skiing this weekend.

Jen ~ 2 HOURS of kickboxing! I'm supper impressed. I don't think I'd last more than 10 minutes.
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:45 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

WTG Carolyn!!!!!!!!!! And wow, you'll be getting your exercise in today!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:16 PM   #55  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Way to go Carolyn!

Hi suerose.

I am a nibbler. I try to keep it nutritious and I budget for it. Sometimes I skimp on dinner so I can snack later. Oral fixation. I try to stick with carrots and apples. Sometimes I get done in by popcorn. Low in calories but the salt gets me. Its a weakness but I suppose it could be worse.

Had a good run today. Enjoying this crazy spring weather.

Last edited by hikerchick; 03-14-2007 at 04:22 PM.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:19 PM   #56  
41 and 4

S/C/G: 135/135/115

Height: 5'5

hi girls, been redirected to forum for featherweights. i don't feel like a feather weight. these 15 pds seem very heavy to me. i guess i don't stay the course long enough to see a change. how do you find the motivation to keep up the work outs while the scale stays the course? my eating isn't too much of a problem and wouldn't be a problem if the $#@%^ scale would move. i guess i want instant gratification and it isn't happening. please tell me what you do to keep up the work out that is hard to fit in as sacraficing sleep seems to be the only way to fit it in.

yes, the kiddies are asleep and i could work out now, but i read, and how conveinient, that work outs at night keep one up! any suggestions welcome.

parameters as follows: kids up at 7am and out of house by 8:15. preschool for 3 year old: m w f, 9-11:30 (time reserved for tax prep and business phone calls) school for 5 year old 8:25 to 3:15. homework, dinner, laundry, etc. also currently prepping home for open house (for sale due to relocation issues w/hubby) hubby no help.

what works for you? maybe i could figure it out with more than one brain!
china doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #57  

Chinadoll

You sound busy.

I run first thing in the morning every other day for about 30-45 minutes.

I work in weights as I can grab a spare minute throughout the day.

And whenever I get a chance I round up the kids for a walk.

Not a perfect schedule but its as good as it will get until my 2 year old is more independant.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 180/129/110

Height: 5'1"

Default hi!!!

SusanB pointed me here and I'd like to join

Everyone is doing such a great job! Reading everyone's post just encourages me more.

Today my plan is eat healthy and workout. I'm not sure of the workout yet. I think I'm going to run. (I know I said today, but I live in a different time zone. It's morning here (Japan) and nighttime in the States. Hope it doesn't confuse people)

The past few days I've been eating good and exercising.. Now just have to continue!
meowies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:53 PM   #59  

Hi meowies. Welcome to featherweights!
Old 03-14-2007, 10:37 PM   #60  
Ilene the Bean

Another newbie we LUVS newbies here

I had a great day, went to the gym, went shopping, bought 3 pairs of earings, ate out twice but made good choices... It's all good

Later I have to pick up DD at her friend's place.. .Later
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote