Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:37 PM   #46  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I refuse to give up. I am so close to my goal, and weigh less than I have in a very long time. - Meg on a Mission
I think you will find that is true for several of the posters here, Meg. As for me, I am now working on measurements that I have not seen in almost a decade. (had gotten my weight down this far a few years back, but wasn't as trim - working out more consistently for tighter, more toned muscles this time)

Hello, Su-Bee, like your sig line.

Allison, I meant to tell you that stationary was lovely.

Have worked out twice this week.

Happy Wednesday, everyone - still plenty of time to make the week count!
"Move it, move it, move it!" (to quote Sargent Carter)
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #47  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Su-Bee good to see you back, I've missed you

OK still rubbish with exercise so I've decided that that's next week's challenge and water's this week's. Pathetic I know

Welcome all newbies.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:40 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Hikerchick! Actually, since that photo was taken, I've gained a few pounds. I'm hoping to get them off by Easter (I joined the Easter challenge). I guess I ought to really crack down and get working if I'm going to make that goal!! I was spot on yesterday, yet the scale did not budge. So far today, I am again spot on. In fact, it is past my usual lunch time and I have only had my oatmeal for breakfast. I'm also tuning in late here because of super busy morning!!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:19 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Hey all, welcome all newcomers. Had a good day yesterday, finally. I'm a little peeved because I can only go to the gym Sat and Sun, my SO and work opposite shifts so it's hard to get out of the house with my little one. Oh well, better then nothing.
Thanks for the water info Whittlin, I always try to start out to big I think and then I can't handle it, so, 5 glasses a day for this week
Sodiumlightbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:48 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 182.5/137.5/140

Height: 5' 6"

Darn I have been really off today...again!
It just figures that I have an awesome loss and then mess it all up! Determined to get to the gym tomorrow and back on track!
Hope everyone else feeling good.

Caro
Carobelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:06 PM   #51  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello! Ok if I join in here? I guess this is where I "belong"?

I started WW (at home) 3 years ago and it took me 1 1/2 years to lose 35 lbs. I would like to lose 10 more lbs. but I've pretty much been stuck here and even though I know I could amp up the exercise (I exercise at least 30 minutes a day and sometimes 1 hour on my days off) or amp down the eating I just try not to go to extremes in either department.

I am 45 years old and I live in Southern Calif. about 1 hour north of San Diego.

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. I'm going to go back and read the rest of this week's thread so maybe I'll understand a little of what you are talking about. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatchoice View Post
Hello! Ok if I join in here? I guess this is where I "belong"?

I started WW (at home) 3 years ago and it took me 1 1/2 years to lose 35 lbs. I would like to lose 10 more lbs. but I've pretty much been stuck here and even though I know I could amp up the exercise (I exercise at least 30 minutes a day and sometimes 1 hour on my days off) or amp down the eating I just try not to go to extremes in either department.

I am 45 years old and I live in Southern Calif. about 1 hour north of San Diego.

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. I'm going to go back and read the rest of this week's thread so maybe I'll understand a little of what you are talking about. Jane
Welcome!!!!

Our weights are somewhat similar and we live somewhat close to each other. Best of luck with those last few pounds!!!
Old 02-21-2007, 07:44 PM   #53  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Thanks Allison. Too bad our heights aren't more alike!

I live near Temecula if you've ever heard of that? I have 3 sons. 22 year old twins in college (UCR and UCSB) and a 16 yr old son. I am married and I mainly work a night shift. I actually work in San Diego so I drive and hour to work but I don't have all the horrible SoCal traffic during the times that I drive.

Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 02:44 AM   #54  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Yesterday I was hungry all day--just couldn't get enough to eat so I ended up 100 calories over plan. Today, I'm fine all day and ended up 100 calories under plan. I guess it all evens out in the end... In other exciting news (for me, at least) my new Ipod Shuffle came in the mail yesterday; I have it all loaded up with hip music and I'll be working out to tunes for the first time tomorrow!

All you water drinkers! I swear, I am never thirsty. I drink about 12 oz of water during the day and it's all I can do to choke it down. It's really a banner day if I'm thirsty enough to drink 24 oz.

Clytemnestra, I hear you on the wine! I'm great on staying away from snacks...until I have a glass or two of wine, that is. Right now there is an open bottle of white in my fridge that I've been using to cook with and every time I open the door I can hear it whisper my name. Hmmm...if only drinking wine were as good for you as drinking water.

Allinnel, I have some limited experience working with teenagers and I remember them as being pretty challenging. All that moodiness, melodramatics, and insecurity...I just couldn't take it.

2Fru, you are amazing with all the kickboxing. I took a tai kwon do course in college (tricked into it by a friend) and it wasn't pretty. They made us wear the white suits and I looked like the Pillsbury Dough Boy trying to be violent. I just couldn't pull it off.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:00 AM   #55  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Hi all! Have been away visiting grandbaby and eating/exercise-wise ended up taking two steps backwards, if not three. Hate when that happens! It's going to take weeks to get back to where I should be. But, started back with my exercise this week, and my muscles seem to be remembering what they're supposed to be feeling. Also took all the frozen dishes out of the freezer, since I knew I wouldn't have weekend cooking time, so I am back on track with my eating.

Started working with Smartbells this week, and really like the workout I get....a good functional workout. Will combine that with my lifting and my t-tapp for a variety package. Don't have time to read the thread right now, just wanted to say hi! Hope everyone's been having a good week.
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:12 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Hi Susan!

Some of this house fixing stuff is getting in the way of my exercising but I'm not hungry so maybe that balances out.

We're off today to pick up the college boy for reading week. It'll be nice to have my baby home.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:14 AM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatchoice View Post
Thanks Allison. Too bad our heights aren't more alike!

I live near Temecula if you've ever heard of that? I have 3 sons. 22 year old twins in college (UCR and UCSB) and a 16 yr old son. I am married and I mainly work a night shift. I actually work in San Diego so I drive and hour to work but I don't have all the horrible SoCal traffic during the times that I drive.

Jane
Jane~yes, I know Temecula. I drive through there from time to time on my way to San Diego. DH drives through more often--almost weekly. We have two jobs going on in Rancho Santa Fe, so he drives up over Hwy 74 from Palm Desert, through Anza and into Temecula to get on the 15. Temecula sure has changed since we moved to So Cal 17 years ago! The first time we visited, it was the middle of nowhere! Now with all the building it is a veritable metropolis!!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #58  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Hi all and welcome newbies!

Get this I motivated myself to get out of bet a bit earlier today. I was trying to avoid the rain. OK well when I got out it was raining already so no luck there.

Decided to jump ahead in my program to two 8-minute runs mostly as a cowardly way of getting out of the rain earlier. So I am very proud of myself for that. Then the second I get inside it started to SNOW. So my kids are jumping around like crazy. We get snow here once or twice a year (we live in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountians) so it is an extra special kid treat. But let me tell you I am glad I missed it this morning. Its all pretty and white outside.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:24 PM   #59  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Hikerchick, it's pouring down rain here in the bay area too (I guess maybe all of northern CA--assuming you're on this side of the Sierras--is wet today). Has been all morning, but at least we don't ever get any snow (well maybe a little at the very top of Mission Peak but only if it's really really cold) so I don't have to worry about that. And luckily, today is a gym workout, so I just have to run from the house to the car and the car to the gym--I'll have to go early so I can get a close parking spot.

Artmaker, I've definitely been there. I'm still trying to lose the extra pounds I put on visiting my parents at Christmas.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:52 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Hey all
Carobelle- isn't that always the way. Whenever I lose some weight it's like my unconsious sends me messages that I'm invinsible and I can scorf down whatever i want!

Jane- Congrats on your 35lb and I hope we can help you with what's left. Welcome

Barbara- 100 calories over for a day your hungry all the time is pretty darn good. Ya got will power girl. Have fun with the ipod shuffle, it will change your workout, music is what pushes me to go that extra mile or do that extra rep.

Artmaker- Welcome back, how was the baby?

Hickerchick- Snow is the best excuse, I've used a few times. What can ya do! It's snowing!! I hope you and your kids enjoy it, if I had the power, I would send you a couple feet from here in Quebec, we can spare it!

Well, I was feeling so guilty about not being able to make it to the gym that I got up at 5am and went for 2 hours. Back and biceps. I did 6 in intervals of 10 minutes, 10 walking fast up a steep hill and 10 running. I feel awesome but in pain. I cracked this morning and had a bagel though, ah well, what can ya do?

Dana
Sodiumlightbaby is offline   Reply With Quote