Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:07 PM   #121  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

SHERRY....I'm coming for dinner.........................
Old 04-18-2005, 10:49 PM   #122  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

EZMoney -- you like UFC too? I love it! Can you believe Chuck Liddell won with that LUCKY punch?? UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 11:15 PM   #123  

Hello everyone and God Bless. This is my first time here and it's my baby step to what I believe will be a start to a better me. I want to lose weight for myself and for my thirteen year old Gabrielle who is also challenged by the chubsy wubsies (as we lovingly call our handles)We are going to do this together with the help of my Lord and Savior Jesus.
By the way I love tha graphics and the images I need to get some!! :-)
Soooooooooooo..... I'll be an avid forum gal.
"If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation" 2 Corinthians 5:17
Also... I need to know how to put up those great tickers!!!
Thanks for any advise or help.
Zoe
Old 04-18-2005, 11:15 PM   #124  

Default I Walked!!!!

I really did it! I walked. That may not sound like a big deal to most but I believe many of you will appreciate what a feat that is for some of us.
I have been struggling so much just to get on the right track with my eating and I am thrilled to report that I have had 2 really good days.
Thank you for all the encouragement to take time for myself.
I decided to just go for it and I walked around our block. It's only 7/10
of a mile but it is a start, right?
It was a bit over cast here in Northern Idaho (that's where I'm from Sunny )
but it was fairly warm (enough sun coming through to make it sweater weather).
I was even able to keep up a fairly good pace (for me ).
The Lord is answering prayers.

We showed the house again today. I don't know what the results are going to be but I know it's in His hands. We don't have anywhere to move to yet so that will be the next prayer request if it sells.

Time to start getting kiddos off to bed (it takes awhile )
May the Lord bless you all. Talk to you tomorrow.
Virginia
Old 04-19-2005, 05:54 AM   #125  
One Day At A Time

This is the Dieter's Devotional for today from www.crosswalk.com

April 19

Isaiah 25:9
And it shall be said in that day, 'Lo, this is our God; we have waited
for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him,
we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.'

Barry was a clock-watcher. Instead of occupying himself in activities
that would help the time pass more quickly, Barry chose to do nothing.
He waited for things to happen, and as a result, he found himself
continually nervous and anxious. Barry was never satisfied with the normal
course of events. If we approach our diets with the same attitude as
Barry, they will be torture for us. Ask God to help channel our attention
to other things. Take control and find ways to get the mind on other
things. When we wait patiently, engaged in things that are interesting and
enjoyable, then we will find the wait is so much shorter.

Today's thought: There are a lot of things more interesting than food!
Old 04-19-2005, 06:26 AM   #126  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Smile Good Morning!

Hello everyone! Good morning!

mrsSmiley -- Thank you very much for the devotionals. They are very inspiring!

Well, I'm going back to sleep for a few hours...ciao!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 06:53 AM   #127  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hello and Welcome Zoe!

I think you will like it here... we have been growing leaps and bounds this month

So you are almost 40... when? We like to keep track of birthday's here
You and your 13yo will enjoy it here I think... what is your DD's (dear daughters) name? We try to be very encouraging and helpful when we can here. If one person cannot answer a question for you another will

We do hope to see you back again soon

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-19-2005, 06:59 AM   #128  

Wink

I'll be back later to finish posting to everyone

{{{Hugs}}}
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-19-2005, 07:47 AM   #129  
striving to be a loser

Welcome Zoe! lateralus98, way cool graphics!

Good morning everyone! Bogged down at work today, but wanted to wish everyone a blessed day!
Old 04-19-2005, 08:52 AM   #130  
Walking Off The Pounds

Cool Good Morning

Another beautiful day here , unfortunately still no rain. . .

granmawants2 lose/Lynn - come & vent anytime, there's usually always someone around. It's nice to know there are other people who care and have the same/similar struggles.

ZOE - WELCOME. You found a great place to join in. Are you a single mom? I am, also with a 13yo daughter. Thankfully she doesn't have any weight issues (other than the normal peer pressures of staying trim) but she stays so active, dance, tennis, jazz, and then there's ballet 3 days/week. Welcome again and come back to post whenever you can!

SunnyD - 27 miles, that's GREAT. I like your thoughts on moderately increasing the distance, that's what I do also. I did my lunch walk yesterday but not the park, so as of this morning I am at 28.9 miles for April. Do you think we can make it to 50 miles??? I think we should try.

I need to lose 90 pounds, would be happy with 75 (maybe ). Have been up and down with my weight pretty much all my life. Lost 45 pounds in the early 80's, down to 118 and maintained at 123 for 12 years when I got pregnant. Since then I have managed to carry around this 'baby fat' for 13 years and it doesn't want to let go. Plus my job is VERY sedentary which doesn't help, that's one of the reasons I'm trying to walk at lunch every day.

Thanks for the list of all on the thread, would be nice to have the list of birthdays too if you have them. . .

mkay - spring cleaning???? Seems like I never have a chance to get around to doing it, I usually am cleaning a little here and a little there all the time. I am thinking about taking a couple days off just to really get into it and 'try' to get caught up. It's so hard to make any progress on the weekends.

MrsSmiley - black & hotpink organza!!! Oh momma, get the camera (& tissues) out. That will be beautiful! Hot pink is my favorite! Be sure and post us some pics.

I also enjoyed your devotional this morning, I have become 'impatient' with my diet and lack of weight loss which is how I translated the devotional to me. Seems like I'm never watching the clock for time to pass, as I never seem to have enough 'time' anyway!

Rachel - Congrats with Chris, hopefully things will continue to work out, everyone experiences some bad times once in a while, that life. Glad it all worked out.

Star Wars fan eh? I like the original trilogy but haven't seem much after that. Also love the graphics you've been posting, especially the one of Pope John Paul II.

EZ - wow, sounds the like the wedding went off real well, now if only the relatives . . . .anyway, everything will settle down soon enough.

Desperate housewives, love that show, that's the only one we actually 'schedule' to watch. We like some others but it doesn't matter if we watch them or not, but we try to always get Housewives. I don't think this week's show will be that good, unless you've missed some episodes then it will help bring you up-to-date.

momof10 - YEAH!!!! Not just that you've walked but you've had two good days and have taken some time (even though short) for YOU!!! You're worth it, hope you keep it up! Prayers the 'good' days will continue to add up for you and perhaps you can make that block a second lap once in a while. The pace isn't that important, the important part is to get up & move! Speaking of moving, keep us up on the house for sale, hope that all works out . . .

Jackay - Good to see you, even if just for a 'quickie'. Let us know what you're up to when you get more time. . .

Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday. . . - Margie
Old 04-19-2005, 08:53 AM   #131  

Smile

Woo Hoo Virginia from Idaho You did very well for yourself!! No one will downplay your 7 tenths of a mile I remember when I first began... I barely got in .5!!!! You should be very proud of yourself!! You are OUT THERE!! Not only that but you are watching your diet as well... good for you I will keep you in my prayers that you will *stay focused* and be able to get through another moment, hour then day *on plan* Baby-steps... YOU ARE DOING IT

I will also keep you in my prayers in selling your home... that alone is quite a stress When I walk in the morning, I have an hour to pray for all my net friends and their special needs God knows who you are and I just do the tugging on his robe I'm like, "Hi Lord... It's me again... praying for my friends and family"

You just hang in there

Good morning to you too Rachel, So happy for you... I know how hard those tickets are to get! My nephew is into Star Wars too. I know you will have a good day now...

Gary, Gary, Gary... my friend... what are we gals gonna do about you

Thanks for the reminder of not overdoing it... Joe has said the same thing to me. I was so very tired on Sunday. But I am doing feeling good right now and so far NO IBS ATTACKS since I have begun with Jordan Rubin's supplements & fiber drink 8 weeks ago I think I have found the answer... I am still in healing according to his book (it takes 3 - 6 months for the intestines to recover and rebuild) but I am doing great

Thanks for sharing the names of your family... does your sister take anything for her Lupus? If I recall... it has something to do with the immune system and being able to fight things off like colds, flu's and alike? I have a long distance friend with Lupus... but I don't know allot about it.

Oh... Sue won't be back till the 25th Just remembering for you again... you old man, you

Hi Sherry, Whew you have sure had one heck of a day... week! I do hope that you will be able to catch up with yourself soon So being that the other gal left --- it's going to add more work onto you all? Will they look for a replacement right away? It's gotta be hard... I know that nurses are in short supply these days.

I love Isaiah!!! Thanks!!

Good Morning Jackay!! Thanks fop popping in and letting us know you are still with us Have a Blessed day today also!

Michele??? Where have you gotten to these days? I hope that you are okay and getting back on track again

How are you doing MargieB?? I saw that you had temps intothe 80's yesterday... we will today But are expecting some rain by evening... maybe sooner.

*~*~*

I got my walk in today...
I did 3 miles on the nosey
I am up to 30 miles now for the month of April

Hello's to all you MIA's

WILMA, MNEWTON, SAMI, SPROUT, SUE,
MKAY, TEEL, BUNNA & JANICE

*Thinking of you always in prayer*

*Always in Jesus*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-19-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 09:00 AM   #132  

Wink

Hey there Margie-girl... we posted one after the other this morning I am gonna go read your post..

"I'll be back"

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-19-2005, 09:06 AM   #133  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's a beautiful sunny day here today. Very windy but sunny. The grass is starting to green up and soon we'll be mowing.

Work is getting better. I'm feeling more at home at my desk every day. I am still having a struggle with one of the tellers. She's the one I was closest to and now she hardly looks at me. I know I need to talk to her and plan to ask her to go for lunch with me one day this week. Please pray for me that I won't mess it up and that she'll respond.

This coming weekend DH and I are getting away for a little R&R. We're going to Grand Forks, ND - go for dinner, do a little shopping maybe take in a movie. I'm looking forward to it. We didn't do anything for our anniversary so this is it.

Jackay: I don't know if I have welcomed you yet. If not, a big welcome to you. THose boys in that pic are priceless. They look like they're full of life.

Zoe: A big welcome to you too!!

Sunny: Where do you find your graphics? They're so fresh and spring-like.
Hope your day is going well.

momof10: Way to go on the walking. Walking is great "ME" time. It destresses you and makes you healthy. Great job!

Gary: Nice pics. You have a beautiful family. Bet the house feels really empty now. I can imagine I'll be going through the same thing in August. I'm sure we'll have people coming and going for about 2 weeks.

Sherry: Dinner sounded lovely. I was lucky enough to have leftovers from the weekend. Sometimes I just don't feel like cooking when I get home from work. The dress sounds like it's going to be beautiful!!

Well, better get going to work. Hello to everyone I missed! Have a super day!
Old 04-19-2005, 09:10 AM   #134  
Walking Off The Pounds

Thumbs up Way to go SUNNY!!

Good mileage, except you got ahead of me again. Keep it up - I'm going to!-Margie
Old 04-19-2005, 09:37 AM   #135  

Default Good Morning!!

No 50 isn't over the hill. I keep telling the kids that I can see the top of the hill but I just never make it to the top. I hope I still feel that way 30 years from now.

It's going to be another beautiful day today in "Joisey"! I think I'll head out back and clean some of the flower beds out and sweep out the screen house. That will help with my exercise today.

I was wondering has anyone tried curves? I am getting a free 2 week pass for buying something from Avon and I wondered what it is like.

I hope that you all have a great day today.
Take care and God Bless
Lynn
Closed Thread