Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 03:42 PM   #16  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Red face

Now now Michele, I am gonna stick my neck out & say something (& you may not be too please with me for it) and remind you that you are not feeling very well right now, so your feelings might be a bit askew Until you know for sure what happened with Eric you have to chill... Something just may have come up in his world and he hasn't had a chance to call you yet. I am sure from what you have said about him in the past that he would if he could. You did say he was ill... I know that when I become ill I just want to close up in my home till I feel better... to each his own Hang in there till you hear from him & know for sure, okay. Have you both committed to a serious relationship? Or are you still in the dating and getting to know you stages?

Feel better soon...
Love you!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-13-2005, 07:31 PM   #17  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs up Wednesday Afternoon

HI LADIES

I have been busy at work the last couple of days...I got suckered into painting by an 84 year old man! He saw me coming a mile away My brother, Kenny, and I removed the acoustic off some of the ceilings in his house and re-textured them...don't really like doing that but HEY it IS the trade I picked years ago Well, the old guy and his wife...who just had a pacemaker put in last month...starting whining about how they don't have the energy anymore to paint ceilings...hummm...imagine that at only 84 and 82! So there goes Kenny and I telling them over and over, every time they ask if we would paint, that we can do it...we really don't want to....well, anyway..WE ARE PAINTING!!

WELCOME JANICE Glad you came over...they are a nice group here...just watch out for that EZMONEY...he is the bad apple in the bunch ...Northern Illinois huh? My mom and dad grew up in southern Illinois...Bloomington...my dad has passed but actually my mom is staying there now taking care of my grandma...and my sister and bil moved back there a year ago...they will be here in southern California tonight for my neice's wedding on Saturday. I like your encouragement verse Philippians 4:13...it is the verse my son had on the back of his high school letterman's jacket. Briefly...I am 51, wife Angie 45...second one...been married almost 10 years...son Ryan just turned 24 graduated college last year...earning his teaching credential this year...daughter, Amanda 21...graduates college this year...kineiseology....step-daughter a 17 yr junior and raising my 14 yr old nephew. Again~WELCOME!

SUNNYD Good news on the job and raise JOE! Don't cha just hate the way they pick on us old guys At least in drywall no one is out to get my job...who would want it! Actually we are ALWAYS trying to get young guys in the trade here...they just don't want to work hard for $8 an hour start when they can go hang out with girls and flip burgers for the same $$$

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT DONNA? are you ... CARRIE is awesome...OK...so she did miss a few notes...I LOVE COUNTRY...but...as you and I both know...the VOTERS are not country lovers as a whole. My son really likes her...as do I...I wanted Nadia at first to win to be honest, but I am losing steam on her too. I love Carrie as COUNTRY...I am just not so sure she is...American Idol....remember JOSH...he is doing fine now...he just wasn't the American Idol look... Right now I am pulling for Carrie...Like you I am starting to like Vonzell much more.

As far as SURVIVOR...I feel bad for Steph...but hey, at least they are switching things up this time...as much as I enjoy the show...after so many...I am starting to lose some interest...if only we could go back to the days of RUDY...COBY...and of course my all-time favorite ELISABETH!

Keep up the good weather walks!!...hey why not LEASH the boys up and take them

MKAY Ranch chicken sounds interesting...how do you make it? Love the "juice" story!! Trying hard to please someone is fine...as long as it is not patronizing...or...if the other person just "blows you off" because they KNOW you are trying to please them! My buddy has '' issues'' with this...he is always doing things for his wife...looking for ANY kind of 'nice response'...doesn't happen...he will have a day off work...spend it "CLEANING" the house top to bottom...when she comes home from work she doesn't even "NOTICE"...this keeps her in POWER...over him...so sad. Hope that Gary's heel COMPLETELY HEALS!! sounds like an injury that he may feel forever.

MARGIEB Be glad to build those planter boxes for you...but the closest I get to Ohio is southern Illinois BEll CHOIR!! good for you! My wife, Angie is in bell choir at our church...she really enjoys it...sounds so nice. My little neice is in her bell choir at her church...all the kids are under 7...the director points at colored bells on a chart and the kids ring when their color is pointed to...very cute! As far as the grass mowing goes...my nephew is getting pretty good at it here! the more trouble he gets in at school...the more CHORES I find for him

MICHELE So Eric is a TOAD huh...what if he calls tonight? I told you before...and I will tell you again...US GUYS ARE LOOOOOSERS!!! Sorry, I know you were "liking" him...maybe it will work out yet...don't give up...but don't WAIT either! Sick or not..if I was interested in someone I always found time to call...unless of course I didn't want to be too pushy...AH MAN...it just gets sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo confusing!!!!!

WILMA So you made a mistake...big deal! I bet YOU worried more about it than anyone else! Waiting for those kitchen cabinet pictures. Wedding plans??

SUE...SUE....ANYONE SEEN SUE?

SHERRY So glad to see you posting "regular" again....happy to see the family thing with "CHURCH!"...I know it was an issue before and of course the family weight loss! Softball season is going strong here too...my step-d is playing second base for her high school varsity team...they are very good...she is struggling at the plate...as usual..but fielding well. My daughter just has a few more weeks of tennis and then college tennis will be over Son is coaching high school jumps for track right now...always coaching something...he gets calls from other coaches to "scout" teams...he is pretty good at what he does for being 24.

SAMI GRANDBABY?

SPROUT WALKING?...KOKO?

TEEL NEW CHURCH YET?...SCOOTER?? come back!

LBSBGONE Thanks for stopping in.

MNEWTON Washington "weather" still there?

Well...have dinner duty tonight!!! outta here.....Gary
Old 04-14-2005, 07:48 AM   #18  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Cool

Hello, I am new with 3FatChicks.com as well. I am trying to diet and exercise again, the *right* way, no diet pills, nothing unnatural. Right now I weigh about 180lbs, and at 5'0'', that is REALLY not healthy! I need to get down to 115-120 lbs., but I am doing it in 10 pound increments so as not to get too overwhelmed. Can I please join your group? I'm a Catholic girl and I want all the inspiration and support I can get!

Last edited by lateralus98; 04-14-2005 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:01 AM   #19  

Smile

to our humble group Lateralus98,

It doesn't matter to us what type of church you are from... all who believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior are welcome here I too am going *all natural* Just check out the past posts from me if you want to know more And if you have any questions, feel free to ask that's what we are here for Weekends can get very quiet... but most of the time there's someone who will be here. I think you are being very reasonable with the 10 lb increments... I wish you well.

Oh... one more thing... what's your weather like there?

Do come back
*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-14-2005 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:12 AM   #20  
back on the wagon

Weather is bee-yoo-ti-ful! After 4 or 5 DAYS STRAIGHT of bloody rain (I live in Omaha, Nebraska) I am finally seeing some nice days. Maybe I will go out and walk the dogs today. I have 2, both boy Pomeranians. One is named Cinnamon, the other is named Spice. Right now I am 17 years old, studying for an Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education. I love young children! I am also possibly discerning a religious vocation to become a religious Sister, hopefully a Carmelite Sister of the Divine Heart of Jesus. There, you spend your day in prayer, but you also do apostolic work like work with the elderly and little ones! What a joy! So my life is completely mixed up right now, I have the whole dating thing (typical of most girls my age, but not really for me), my parents (who are not Catholic or Christian in any way), and the Sisterhood all pulling me in different places. But right now, I am focusing on being a stronger, healthier individual inside and out.

WOW I got WAY OFF TRACK!!! If you want to visit my weight loss journal, it's at http://www.xanga.com/rachels_weight_loss
Old 04-14-2005, 08:30 AM   #21  
striving to be a loser

Good morning! I just joined this site as well, but am not new to diets, both failed and successful. I'm back to charting everything I eat and counting calories/fat. I've prayed for God's guidance on this journey. I know out of all the other times, this feels different. Just pray for me as I change my eating habits. Undergoing a lot of stress right now and it's easy to slip. I lost my mother a year ago (July 26) just about. She was only 69, diabetic who let her disease get out of control, her kidneys shut down towards the end, having her to undergo dialysis. Finally, the combination of the kidneys shutting down completely and her lung failure, killed her. My father since Thanksgiving of last year has been sick with congestive heart failure and we're now (like this week) learning that his liver is badly damaged and failing. If nothing else, with the Lord's help, I'm using this bad news as fuel for me to get it together healthwise. Thank you for reading my ramblings. It's good to be here. God bless each of you in your journeys....
Old 04-14-2005, 08:38 AM   #22  

Smile

CER's!

Well... I got in another 3 miles this morning It was a very COLD morning though... buuuurrrrrr only 33* --- the cold zaps me of energy --- when I come inside it takes all I have to stay awake cuz the warmth inside makes me feel sleepy. I am up to 21.27 miles for the month of April

*~*~*

Hi Gary, I think it's so great that you get suckered into jobs like that... you have a kind heart. And I am sure that the 84 man & his 82 yr wife are very appreciative of your time and help

Now... I didn't say that I wasn't voting for Carrie I just said that the last song she sang didn't fit her... I still voted for her She has been my pick from the auditions. But I have also enjoyed Vonzell allot. And I was right about 2 of the 3 bottom I had a feeling that Nadia was going to go, I loved her style though --- a beautiful gal. I think that someone will pick her up. I doubt that any of these final will be left behind... someone will pick them up

You may laugh! But I tried to bring Guido on a walk with me, but he spooks too easily... so it was unsuccessful None of my kitties want to walk with me Oh well... it's just me and my CD player

Hello again lateralus98, looks like you have allot on your plate of life I will keep you in PRAYER about your choices in life, okay. My sister has three poms... they sure are adorable. I really like the names of yours! Cinnamon & Spice - Cute!

I am glad that you are enjoying the nice weather... us too! It is cold, but the sun has shone here the last 7 days I think that's a record for NE, OH and we are suppose to have sunny days and warmer temps over the weekend too

*~*~*

Gotta run... have lots to get done today...

for everyone!

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-14-2005, 08:40 AM   #23  
back on the wagon

Welcome to the thread, Jackay!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:40 AM   #24  
One Day At A Time

Default Thursday's Dieter's Devotional

Here's the Dieter's Devotional for today from
www.crosswalk.com

April 14

John 14:1
'Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in
me.'

The days will come when we question whether or not we will ever lose
the weight we want to. Frustration can set in, and when it does, it makes
us feel like such failures. Jesus' disciples found themselves feeling
like failures at times in their lives. It was on those occasions that
Jesus offered them the most comfort. Jesus understood human nature
perfectly, and He came to let us know everything will work out fine. Turn to
Christ when feelings of failure get strong. Our Lord of love and peace
will not let us feel badly for long. His love truly conquers all.

Today's thought: True belief brings real relief!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:43 AM   #25  
striving to be a loser

Thank you mrsSmiley! Wonderful passages to live by.

Nice to meet you lateralus98!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:47 AM   #26  

Smile

Jackay...
Your children are absolutely adorable!!!

I am so very sorry for your loss I just cannot imagine losing my mother right now (although, no time is ever a good time), we have only really been close for about 6 years and I am taking it all in. I will keep your Dear Father in my Prayers!!! As I will YOU

*God Bless*
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-14-2005, 08:47 AM   #27  
One Day At A Time

Here is Today God is First Devotional from
www.crosswalk.com

Using Satan for God's Purposes
Hand this man over to satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord. 1 Corinthians. 5:5

Paul encountered a believer who was involved in an incestuous relationship in the Corinthian church. This man was deluded by satan and was controlled by immorality. The man was unwilling to change his behavior, so Paul recommended to the church that tough actions be taken. He spiritually handed this man over to satan for the destruction of his flesh for the benefit of his soul. The idea is that the person will wallow in the pit of sin so long until it becomes detestable to him and he cries out for God's grace. We know this man was a Christian because only a Christian can be subjected to church discipline.

Have you ever known someone who was walking in disobedience and no matter how much you prayed he seemed oblivious to his sin? God has given one weapon to counter satan's schemes against those who fall prey to satan. That is, let satan have access to them fully so that their lives become so miserable they cry out to God for mercy. Probably few of us have ever had to pray this prayer. However, you should not be fearful of this prayer for any believer who is willingly walking in disobedience. This is love-tough love. There is a time and place for tough love. I have seen this principle work. God restores His children when His Body takes a stand against sin. It is not comfortable for those who take this action.

Do you know someone who needs tough love in his or her life right now? Ask God if it is time to pray the prayer that Paul prayed. "So that his spirit might be saved on the day of the Lord."
Old 04-14-2005, 08:48 AM   #28  
back on the wagon

Gosh I am so hungry. I didn't even realize all I had to eat yesterday was a flippin' hot dog. I hate this new med!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:51 AM   #29  
striving to be a loser

Thank you SunnyD! They are my motivation as well lately.

lateralus98, yikes...that medicine sounds rough. Hope you can eat more than a hotdog today. Starving isn't so good for the bod either. :-/
Old 04-14-2005, 08:52 AM   #30  
back on the wagon

I know it isn't. I have to take Adderall XR for my ADHD and since it's an amphetamine-derivative and it lasts 18+ hours, I have a very hard time sleeping and being able to eat regularly. I am starving but there's nothing in the house to eat!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread