carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #17  

The second links worked just fine.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #18  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone! Well, it's been a kinda long week here, but no real reason-just the winter's-lasted-too-long-blahs, I think. We have finally gotten some warmer weather (up to 50 F yesterday) and most of the snow is gone, with only the remnants of some of the huge piles still in places. Might get some rain which would be fantastic! Need to wash all the doggie bombs out of the back yard and settle the mud a bit

I'm finally getting a new stove today! Mom bought us one as she's decided to give us our 'inheritance' bit by bit instead of letting extra money sit in a bank account for the gov't to tax. She doesn't have a lot, but enough to keep her happy for as long as she remains here on earth, so she wants to give the rest to my sister and me now while we can use it, with kids in college, etc. What a nice mom we have

So, I must move the table and bench in the kitchen, which is harder than it sounds, as the bench is 5' long and is also storage for items that won't fit in our cabinets (small kitchen), so it's very heavy. We made it to be sturdy, for sure. Might have to have DS3 help when he gets back from morning weight-lifting.

Soccer season has begun in earnest now. He has 3 games next week, then 2 and a Saturday tournament the week after! The games that had been scheduled for this week had to be postponed due to snow and mud on the fields, so, now, games are getting doubled up in the coming weeks to fit all of them into the schedule. We are going to be running and running and running-some of the games are nearly 2 hours away.

I have to come up with easy things to take along for eats, as I've learned that I can't trust whether there will be 'safe' food at any concession stands or, even, in many of the fast food places we sometimes go to before games. So many people who prepare foods are totally unaware what just a little exposure to an allergen can do to someone. I had someone tell me a while back that "We only put a bit of butter on the potatoes when we fry them-it won't hurt you." Ummm, yeah.....NO! That little bit of butter can make me sick for 2 weeks! Not trusting anyone anymore with the food prep

Well, I guess I need to get moving here. I've got you all in my prayers, especially Gary and his family, Rosebud and family, Bargoo, and everyone else too. God bless and have a joyful day

Last edited by ronni62; 04-05-2013 at 09:05 AM.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #19  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI RONNI ~ So glad things are going better for you -- now that is answered prayers. That is kind and wise of your mother to share her planned inheritance with you & your sister now while you can really use the help, esp when the gov will just take what she makes on it as tax. I have had relatives who have made the same decision.

You seem to have similar weather to us here; it amazes me since often we think of the US as so much warmer, but like our country, you have lots of different weather depending where you are. That is what makes our countries so beautiful though.

We are having a delayed Easter Dinner as my BIL went to see his mother last weekend. We are having Ham and a Potato/chz scallop with veggies. I am thinking of making some kind of dessert -- maybe pumpkin squares if I can find the recipe on the net. I have it at home, but not here. Oh, I probably could make it by memory but I'll look anyways.

I have to be really careful what I eat right now too. I can't have anything that may be over-ripe or could be risky -- everything must be 100% fresh and we have to wash, wash, wash everything ... even the salad for me. The chemo has shut down my immune system so I have to be ultra-careful.

Speaking of that, I am feeling better today; my temps are lower and the pain in my legs has subsided ... PRAIZE GOD!!! I am so very grateful to GOD for His awesome help during these treatments and to you all for your prayers for me and our families here.

We actually had a bit of ***** fall yesterday but it has all melted now. Today, we have May you all have a super-blessed Sunday today ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-07-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

elvislover Praying for God to bless you with your hearts desire.

Rosebud I'm so sorry to hear about your Step-mom and your BIL Mom's accident. Praying for them. Also praying that our Father God will strengthen your immune system.

Bargoo and others Hello and prayers continue for all of you.

Have a blessed Sunday.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #21  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ I have been putting a lot of my posts in the Prayer Warriors Thread lately -- so many needs these days, but "Our GOD is able" as BARGOO would say ...

We've been busier with hospital and doctors appts; plus shopping and visiting so far this month. My DAD & SM were up last weekend so we visited with them at their nearby cottage; and my brother came by here for a visit today on his motorbike as the was out today. Maybe spring will stay this time, but it is expected to be colder tomorrow -- awe shucks!

Had my 3rd round of chemo last week; the side effects kick in hard the second week (that is this week) so asked for prayers for them specifically in the Prayer Warrior Thread. That seems to help, I think; being more precise, I mean. The ones that are the most troublesome as far as comfort are tender skin & muscles; fatigue and severe acne. Medically, we need my blood platelets to go back up to between 110 and 150 (normal) and my temperature to stay below 38 Celcius.

Of course there are other side effects too, like no fevers, no infections, and hairloss as well. I didn't have the rash this time -- yay! My legs were very swollen and painful last time, but so far not as bad ... hope it stays that way. I am taking of vitamins with other meds to help as well (iron for my blood; Vitamin D for my immune system and Vitamin C to ward off infections, etc. Vitamin A & E for my skin too. Vitamin therapy is given to all patients now; and I know how much that has helped me for sure.

If I feel up to it tomorrow AM, will try to get DH motivated to tidy up the yard for spring (just one small area at a time) to give him something to do. He likes to do something useful and gets bored pretty easily. He was very mixed up very early in the AM, but as the day progressed seemed to calm down a bit.

Oh, looks like the clouds are rolling in now. I bought a power-surge protector for this place becuz every time it's windy or we have a snow or rain storm, the hydro goes out. So I want to protect my laptop from harm. When we lived in the country up north, we lost two VCR's and a couple of older PC's to power outages and surges.

I have been working on my eating; snacks are still an issue but I did lose some water weight. It seems to bounce up & down; and up & down again with each new round of chemo.

Time to put my legs up and have a wee nap; as my eyes are starting to shut as I am typing here. Hopefully, that will make up for some of the lost sleep caused by DH and his paranoia about fires last night. OH man ...

Hope all is well with everyone out there; take good care ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-23-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #22  
Rosebud

THANKS, TRISH ~ my Stepmother (GRACE) is in good spirits and has decided to go ahead with the surgery; and we had a good visit and talk last weekend when they were up this way (they have a cottage just north of here).

BIL's Mom (DONNA) is doing much better; the pain has lessened considerably and BIL has been taking her out to all her favorite haunts while he has been there on the weekends. She is a tiny, frail 89 y/y and needs lots of positive encouragement each day. BIL keeps telling her "to just take it ONE-DAY-AT-A-TIME" -- that's good advice for a multitude of things really.

I did some vacuuming yesterday since I felt pretty good. We had some nice for part of the day, so we sat outdoors for a while as well. I have been going for walks on the in-between days and have now pushed myself to the next side road -- DH thinks it is about 3 K or so. I will do that for awhile and hope to get up to the next one by summertime; but I just take my time and rest whenever I need to along the way.

I purchased a neato walker with an adjustable seat and some carryall bags -- gonna use this to go on the longer walks so that I can sit and rest whenever I need to. One thing at home is that we do have some benches by our lake, so I can rest there too. Eventually my goal there is to walk up town again -- even if I have to take a cab home, that's not so bad really. I used to do that in the past and it's a great goal to work towards. I wouldn't be able to do it more than once or twice a week at most, but I'm up for the challenge.

We have and light ***** here today; what a difference a day makes, eh? Good day to do indoor stuff like cleaning my bathroom and I have been making head scarves this morning. I picked up some second-hand T-shirt material and have been making some cute little head bands and scarves. I am making them all different colors and patterns. I will have quite a selection by the time I'm done; and later on, I can still use them as hair accessories if I want to as well.

I am also gonna try my hand at making some hair crunchies out of some material as well. Later on, if I wear my hair just shoulder length, I will still be able to put it up as well. I have been trying to think of ideas for hobbies and such, so this is a good idea. Right now, I am doing everything by hand, but may invest in a small sewing machine as well.

EDIT2ADD: back from lunch and realized that I forgot to mention my new strategies for my eating. My diabetic counsellor suggested to add some milk and a fruit like an apple to lunch to help me feel fuller. She felt that my meals needed some little additions to help curb the extra hunger pangs caused by the steroids they are giving me for the nausea and other chemo side effects. With breakfast, I am adding a piece of fruit like a banana or orange; or you can have that as your morning snack. She also suggested to have yogurt for a milk substitute as well at meals or snacks; again, to help fill up. So one day, I would have a fruit & yogurt with lunch, and milk with dinner; then I am going to switch it the next day for variety.

Also, my breakfast can be larger, if I want: cereal + fruit + an egg + tst, etc. The whole idea is to up the amount of bulky foods and healthy liquids to feel fuller. She recommends a sandwich or bunwich for lunch: and I am adding veggies like lots of lettuce, tomatoes, sliced onion, etc to that. For dinner, I can then have a salad and 2 veggies to help fill up as well. I have no limits on the fruit, salads, and veggies. All ideas that I have used in the past; only now I am to use them every day to see if that helps overall. Sure sounds good anyways.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:

"JESUS is not Exclusive: ANYONE & EVERYONE can come to Him for help & salvation" ... isn't that great?

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-24-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #23  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone! We've finally gotten some sunshine here the last couple days The soccer match on Tuesday was almost unbearable though-only 37ºF and very windy-I had several layers on, plus 2 blankets wrapped around and was still freezing! I don't know how the boys made it through it. Hopefully, that will be the last of the incredible cold, especially for the rest of the soccer season.

I finally managed to break through the 200 pound barrier and am now in onederland! This has been a long stall, but I think I've figured out what I have to do to continue losing, plus my digestive system seems to have recovered from the bacterial overgrowth. I did find out that I seem to also be allergic to strawberries because I broke out in hives the last couple times I ate some, so, just another thing to go on my avoidance list. Anyway, it's a relief to finally see that number on the scale change again!

I am wondering, though, if anyone else notices this....I lose weight and can tell in my legs, arms, hips, even face and neck, but my waist doesn't seem to shrink. It's almost as if the fat moves to my waist from the other areas! Of course, I am definitely an apple-shape person, so maybe this is just the norm.

Not much else going on here. Want to get out in the yard, but it may still be too cold for me today. I've noticed that the more weight I lose, the colder I am. DH did get us a couple barrels and hooked them up as rain barrels already though and they're full! After a drought for the last 2 years, we now have rain and even the sump pump has been running. I think he needs to bring another barrel home just for what the sump is pumping out-lol!

Well, I suppose I'd better go get something accomplished....the work never ceases-lol! Hope you all have a great day Prayers continue for all needs. Take care & God bless!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #24  
Rosebud

Congrats on reaching ONEDERLAND, RONNI ~ I was there for about a minute ... Well, right after my tumor was out, but as soon as I was able to eat again, the lbs started piling on, plus lots of water-weight too. Of course, I had lost a lot of weight too fast (becuz of the tumor), so that's come back on faster too. Now that they have me on steroids, I am feeling totally ravenous and eating too much, of course.

Slowly gaining but I have increased my walking to try to counter that and they have me seeing both a diabetic counsellor and a dietician next time to give me tips on how to stem this tidal-wave of weight-gain. I think it is starting to slow down a bit though. So I am trying the strategies they have given me so far but will have to use them for a while to see if they work over the long-term.

Some say not to worry about my weight during the chemo -- they are just glad that I am not losing still. My body seems to beat to its own drum for sure -- doing the opposite of what is expected. That has to be answered prayers and GOD looking after me; but there is a positive side to all of this: I don't look so gaunt anymore and some empty places have rebounded (like my chest, which is nice really).

I just don't want to gain too much; so I think increasing my physical activity EOD as I feel up to it, is the best idea for now. When I get back home, I can do more things like gardening and walking to places I haven't been to in a long, long while. I am looking forward to that too.

We had but cools winds and temps today so far, but it is supposed to be really warm and sunny over the weekend. That will be the nicest weekend so far this spring so we all will be taking advantage of that. My brother wants to get the boat launch and floating dock into the water so they can go boating and fishing soon. They will attempt that this weekend.

I haven't been boating or swimming for a very long time; mega-years, so it seems. The lake here is still kinda cold yet though but boating is still a possibility if it is warm like they expect. That will be fun for DH too. He and BIL were working on the riding lawnmower this am and got it up and running for the season; now it will go for a yearly tune-up.

BIL has DH helping him with a bunch of spring has sprung kind of things, and I think that he will really love that. He needs to keep busy; it seems to help his mind stay more focused, I think. We have lots of summer birds back but those grackles (blackbirds) keep stealing all the seed, so I have been researching & looking for compassionate ways to deter them and found a few that we will try out.

I will get DH to help me set up the decks this weekend: cleaning the rails and such; putting out the cushions on the chairs and arranging things in a more orderly fashion. He likes to move the furniture around but doesn't seem to have a sense of decorum about it all. Time to teach him.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend coming up too; take good care and enjoy your family this weekend ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-25-2013 at 02:33 PM.