Old 03-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

AuntLoopy. if that doesn't beat all getting blown off the commode !!!!! Keep on those people for every cent of reimbursement.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:18 AM   #17  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Height: 5'4"

Hi again everyone! I just wanted to reassure you that the DH got me to the emergency room immediately, frozen peas and all. I've got some skin damage (whether it's a burn or a reaction to all the poo-gas, I don't know), I re-injured my previously-broken vertebra that I've had since my girly-football days, and I had a mild concussion which has resolved.

If they don't reimburse us for the expenses, I may pay that concussion forward!
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:37 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Mornign all! I'm new here (well, I was on here a yr or so ago). I'm Patty, live in NC w/ my husband and 20 yr old son. I go to school f/t work p/t. My daughter and sil live in TN and they are expecting our first grandchild!!!
anyway, look forward to meeting you all.

Aunt Loopie. I hope you are doing ok after all that ordeal. Wow! I would def. keep on them for reimbursment.

I have a bit of headache this morning due to some weather changes and maybe that hotdag I ate last night. Think I'm going to try to steer clear of nitrates for awhile. Seems they are in alot of processed meats.
I'm off to school. Waiting on a phone call as to when I need to go in for my stress test, then I'll head into work after school.

Ya'll have a blessed day.
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome back Patty !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:22 PM   #20  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, my goodness, a person's off here for a few days and things just go crazy!

Aunty, I sure hope you're feeling better-your sense of humor is good, that's for sure! I'd definitely be after whoever was in charge of the street/manhole work to get reimbursement, but don't let them have their employees do the repairs, because they're going to do things the cheapest, fastest way possible and may not be qualified to do the repairs. Just because someone works for the water company or the city or utility doesn't mean they know anything at all about fixing the problem you have-just look at what happened when they were working on what they were supposedly trained to do!! You might want to have your insurance company look at the damage and get estimates from independent contractors. And, get all your neighbors who were affected together so the company who caused the problems knows you're all banding together to get this situation taken care of.

Hope you all have a nice evening! We're expecting snow/ice again and I seem to have a flu bug, so we're just going to veg for the evening. Take care!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #21  
Crazy Avon Lady!

Hi Ronni and all! Well, I went ahead and finished tightening up the plumbing today, and my water meter is running at the same rate as previously, so I'm guessing that there are no leaks outside the house underneath the yard. We Dutchies are pretty good at repairing things.

**boggles at the thought of paying somebody to fix things**

Anyways, the flu seems to be everywhere. The butcher shop was closed today because nobody was healthy enough to come in and cut the meat! It's a nasty flu; it's been killing nursing home patients all over the area. Which means that unless it's the same one for which we got flu shots in October, I'll have it soon myself. Hate the flu; it makes me just want to lie on the couch and eat Captain Crunch straight out of the box. So take care of yourself, ya?
Old 03-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #22  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

AUNTY ~ Yes, I understand what you mean about wanting to fix things yourself; my DH and I are the same becuz they charge so much here. We always fixed our own plumbing; and DH always tells people that's how we met -- he was helping to fix my plumbing ...

I actually met him on his job; and he worked with my brother, so my brother started scheming how he could get us together. At first, I kept saying NO and NO again, as I wasn't sure what kinda person he was trying to set me up with; and I had long accepted that I wasn't meant to get married (there weren't a lot of good prospects in our small town, if you know what I mean). Of course, that is just when GOD decides to send a husband along, isn't it? He came all the way from out west; a French cowboy, no less! Whoda thunk, that was possible ...

HI RONNIE ~ Praying for all the folks out there with the flu; for you and those in the nursing homes; we know what that is like here too. I am praying that you have strong immune systems to battle those flus away!

BOOTSIE ~ you are so right about the high cost of living here; some Americans and Germans come here to fish & hunt; and they gasp at the prices of food and gas here. Our provincial gov has finally put our minimum wage up, but some feel it doesn't come close to where is should be. Greed is problem though, as the prices are jumping at ridiculous rates (ie the grocery prices go up every month, but our incomes don't).

HI PATTY ~ actually, I did remember you Patty; and we are glad that you came back again!

We've had milder temps here as this week goes along. My knee was a bit sore, but that could be the damp, milder weather; we have precip tonight as in *****. I just have to patient and let that knee heal; really all it needs is TIME ... thanks for all the prayers; I really appreciate them too!

Have a great Thursday everyone ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

Hola Chicas >> I found this wonderful thread just clickin' around bored at work .. LOL .. Since Im a Newbie to the forum, Ill introduce myself here ...My name is Desarae, ppl call me Desy ..I am a Christian; I was born & raised in the Church of Christ. Like most people, I fell away to "find myself" .. My family is extremely eclectic as far as beliefs go. My father's side of the family is Muslim, Mom's side is Christian, & I even have Jewish converts, Rastas & Pagans sprinkled in the mix .. I believe it has done me well to be open to so many paths & ways of life. At times I was confused with what I believed; God has given me natural inquisitiveness; so I question pretty much ... Everything .. lol.. but even with my thousands of questions I asked; I never was satisfied until I asked ^^ HIM ^^ ;; & he showed me !!! Soooo Im back at square one now, with a new found faith & belief ;; He Really does SHOW me things && He pushes me .. & When I gave my doubt over to Him.. well lets just say 'peace that surpasses all understanding' .. hehe anyway .. Im here & with HIS help, I know I can reach my goals for weight loss, to live a healthier life & be more energetic to do Better in ALL ways; including for HIm .. Man, that would be a great testimony...

Ill be here often, a little Christian encouragement is good for the soul.. God Bless
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #24  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

DESY ~ glad you found us over here; we are happy that you are joining our chat group. Sounds like you come from a mixed heritage too. What you say is so important for people to understand ...

Quote:
... but even with my thousands of questions I asked; I never was satisfied until I asked ^^ HIM ^^ ;; & he showed me !!!
You can pray and ask a lot of questions about religion; and you can talk about and debate the bible for your whole life over -- and still not KNOW GOD! WHY? Because you need to go to the source ... to the LORD himself, and the bible says to do that over and over and over again. As Billy Graham always says, "GOD LOVES YOU, and HE wants a relationship WITH YOU!"

When you meet Him on those terms (His), then HE will show you His LOVE & GRACE & POWER in your daily life. It is simply about asking Him to reveal Himself to you personally: that is why we ask Him to come into our heart and life, so that He can help us become all that HE wants us to be. The Word says that GOD wants us to love Him with all our hearts and souls. He knows we can think. He knows we can intellectualize til the cows come home; but what He really wants is ~ your HEART & SOUL!

Not too much to ask, is it? That is where His Holy Spirit likes to do his work first -- in your heart. Becuz that is the place where LOVE GROWS best ... in the garden of your heart & soul!

It was really mild here today; we actually reached 50 F here. That's almost unheard of in March. So we went up town to do a bit of shopping; maybe overdid it a bit, so I am resting my legs tonight while I pop in here. Time for my tea now; hope everyone has a FABULOUS FRIDAY tomorrow ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-10-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

Yes, yes .. I'm just sitting here reading your post nodding my head back & forth.. isn't He awesome?

ahh ... as for the weather here in KY .. we actually had a couple flurries around 3:30pm. The weather here goes up & down constantly, it seems like it will never get warm !! Plus Im still trying to prepare myself for daylight savings time. Yay!! WE get to go to work an HOUR EARLY !!!! lol
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:53 PM   #26  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

I am so drained right now and yet am feeling so refreshed. I'm brand new on this site and just wanted to quickly check things out before dropping into slumber. I look forward to getting to know you all better. 1 John 5:14-15 is my life plan... seeking His will and praying for others. I am Kathy, a child of the King!
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Morning all! I'm sitting here listening to the drip drip of rain. I think it is finally going out of here today. We had a bit of snow last night, not much, thankfully.
I am still hanging on here, reading posts, etc. Get to go the grocery store this weekend so plan on getting some good stuff to eat, prepare and plan for the week ahead.

One thing I'm having trouble with is my coffee intake vs. water intake. I go with my travel mug of coffee. I'm trying to break that and drink more water or even green tea. I'm going to buy some more green tea this weekend.

well, Ya'll have a blessed day!
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:33 AM   #28  
<a href="http://photobuck

S/C/G: 260/240/229

Height: 5 4"

i would love to join the group...
bliss3244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #29  

Default New groupie :)

Hi, I am recovering from major colon surgery I endured on Feb 9th and I've lost some weight. I have been working on weight loss for about 2 yrs but have had ups and down with the weight loss. In total I've lost about 50lbs.

Being overweight has always been a place of protection for me in many ways. With the biggest protection keeping men away from me. But since I've now lost 50lbs. men are starting to give me attention and this is TERRIFYING me!!! I'm supposed to be taking things slow due to the surgery but I'm finding myself eating more than I should and it's affecting my stomach and my emotions hugely. I feel like I'm in a war and I don't know how to win it.

Please pray for me. I know God has the wisdom for me to get past all this but I honestly feel very alone in what I'm dealing with. Thanks!
weighted down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #30  
Crazy Avon Lady!

Hi all and a special welcome to our newcomers! This is a great community of amazing people.

Today I was finally able to verbalize what makes me crazy about my Weight Watchers meeting. It's the fact that nobody seems to take it all seriously.

Perhaps it's just because I'm a cheap Pennsylvania Dutchie who hates spending $10 on a diet club. Or I'm just stubborn and pig-headed when I decide to do something.

But this week, the leader asked a question (apparently expecting to get a different answer): How many of you have lost weight every week since you came to WW?

I was the only person who raised her hand. And I was annoyed when she looked at me sternly, then turned away and said, "See, everyone has good weeks and bad weeks."

She went on to talk about indulgences and giving oneself a break, etc. And how we can always hop right back on the wagon if we fall off it.

This hasn't been my experience, not with dieting nor with life in general. We have a saying that it's easier to stay on a horse than to catch it and get back on. I spent today baking stuff for our church's regional conference dinners that don't fit into the WW plan. No problem, because the stuff is not gonna sprout wings and fly into my mouth. If I decide not to eat it, that's all there is to it.

There have been times in WW when I've been up all night, unable to sleep because I felt so hungry. I've spent days without water and cooking gas. I've been doing double shifts at work. But whether to overeat or not is still a decision, ya know? It's not like the old joke about the two Dutchie moonshiners. Every day, you could find them outside next to their still. First one of them would hold a shotgun to the other guy's head, and he'd take a drink. Then they'd switch. They'd keep it up till they were both drunk. (And that's how bad Dutchie moonshine is, folks!)

Am I alone in feeling that we ought to be able (especially as believers with the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit) to keep this thing under control? Truth is that I'd never bothered dieting till now. I'd always heard that it was difficult, and I come from a culture where women are allowed to get larger as they grow older. We LIKE eating! So when it became obvious that the DH and I needed to rein in our gluttony for health reasons, we just went to WW and learned how to eat healthy, and neither one of us has looked back.

So why all the angst at my WW meeting? Why isn't everyone just simply FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS? I mean, I looked at other diet plans before we committed to WW, and it is by far the most flexible plan out there. We don't even use the weekly allowance points because if we plan ahead (and we always do), we just don't need them. It's nice to know they're available, but so far we've never been in such a big emergency that we couldn't stop to pack a couple days of food before fleeing to the hills.

I am just not getting it. I mean, we write down each day's food plan on the night before. If something goes wrong (for instance, being stuck at work, or having something go bad in the refrigerator), we just stop and recalculate.

I'm not bragging. I'm just saying that it seems obvious that, if you want to lose weight and you're spending good money to join a diet club, why would you *NOT* follow the diet????

*sigh*