Old 04-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I was going to get the mail at the post office and I passed the Baptist church and on the sign it read lose weight with God, First place Meeting this Thursday night at 6PM. Just 2 miles from my house and loosing weight is something my doctor told me I had to do. He had put me on an Atkins diet and i had lost 15 pounds, I weighed around 255 when I first started First place. I was walking I thought 2 miles a day but really it was 3 miles a day, my friend mis figured that was walking with me.
I went to this meeting to lose weight, Terri was my teacher and what a wonderful teacher and friend she is. I had no idea what God had in store for me when I entered that door, if I had... I might of been like Sarah laughed my head off in disbelief when God told her she was going to have a baby! Who would of ever believed I could of lost 90 pounds with God, not me! That was not the only thing; I was sorta you might say reborn-ed.
In one and half years God changed me from the inside and out. I got down to 164 pounds. The diet they used, was a diabetic diet and was really easy to stay on and I had no problem writing everything down for Terri. I never thought I would become that close to God . I thought I knew him but i did not until I joined First Place. Then Terri decided she wanted out, and they picked me to run it, well I was not Terri and I did not do a very good job I guess because everyone stopped coming and there was only 5 of us. So I stopped and started going to Outlook ministry on line and they were still using the diabetic diet and I met and learned so much from them, not only about God but what really good friends are like and never have met them.
I had paid to take computer lessons and one lady in the ministry taught me more about using the computer than the people did that I paid to teach me. Then First Place changed to 4/health, well going back now it will be like learning all over again a different diet. Never understood why they ever wanted to change the diet when it worked. I did not have the money to change over and a friend that I had met at Outlook Ministry, sent me the whole kit and would not even let me pay her or for shipping it. She has remained one of my best friends all these years. When I quit several of my friends kept in touch with me from Outlook and some did not but all are special to me.
Before I started first Place Rosebud, I was not a good person, I cussed more than Eddie Murphy , had a temper that could blow in a split second, always ready to whip someone who crossed my path, seemed like I was carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. I am completely different now, not even the same person I was , even though I have gained 40 pounds back, I still have not gained the other 50 or should I say 65 pounds back including the weight I lost with Atkins and it has been 9 years. On top of that God changed my soul and yes he is still working on me and I hope he never stops, I am his work in progress. I am sending my 22.50 in tomorrow and going on another adventure with God through Outlook ministry for the next 3 months and pray I get a really good leader. I am buying the book in town on the Bible Study. I will be starting next month so please pray for me, I really want to get back in track, not just with my diet but with God too. Don't worry Rosebud as long as my computer works I will be coming here too, for y'all are special too to me.

And you wanted me to tell you Rosebud, how First Place helped me, it was God that helped me, that changed me, I owe all the Glory to him, First Place was just a tool for him, to fix me with. I need some more fixing he is not through with me, so I am going back, just wish there was one around here to go too.
My brother just called for I let time get away from me and I thought i might wake him up so he got tired of waiting and just called me! Well best go.

Last edited by Bootsie; 04-12-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #32  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BOOTSIE ~ thanks for sharing your story with us all so candidly -- we can hear where you came from and how GOD has worked in your life in so many wonderful ways! What a great witness this is to others too! I can see why those ladies are so special to you now.

Through Jesus Christ and GOD's Holy Spirit and His power, we can be transformed in our hearts and minds, bodies and souls. I shared in another thread recently that when I got sick about 4 or 5 years ago, that GOD showed me that I could walk even closer to Him than I already was: this has happened more than once in my life.

GOD used the First Place as a tool to reach out to you and to transform your life; and this transformation continues on throughout our lives here on this earth. GOD can use many tools including the bible, church, bible studies, Christian schools; clubs, groups, and organizations; books and devotions, magazines, on-line sites, and of course, friendships to reach out to us and help us in our Christian walk. I think He'll use whatever and whoever is willing to be a tool or lighthouse for Him ...

Like the song goes -- JESUS wants me for a sunbeam, so I guess I'll be one for Him; actually, I love being one for Him and He knows that. We are the salt of the earth and a bright light that shines in the darkness to show others the way to a better life in the here and now, plus in the distant future (in heaven)!

I was thinking that besides the huge spiritual transformation and friendships you made at First Place, that maybe also the one-on-one coaching or leadership helped you a lot, as you expressed that you are praying for a good leader -- so I'll pray for you about that too! Hope your brother is feeling well this week too ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-12-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #33  
Rosebud

Oh, and I almost forgot why I came in here so early; I have the greatest news ... I felt prompted to brave my scale this morning and what a wonderful surprise awaited me -- I have finally broken into the 200's for the first time in over 18+ years!

I think over the winter, I have lost at least 15 lbs and maybe more. So all this hard work is finally paying off again and I have beaten another stall or plateau. This has been a long struggle for me with so many physical challenges to battle along the way. Those of you who know me, know all about it. To ignore all the pain and to just keep on, keepin' on no matter what. I just kept tweaking my food and exercise plan, even increasing my food intake until I found what worked for me, and the result ... continued weightloss!

First, I want to THANK the LORD, my GOD for directing me to this site ... I am so grateful for all the help and encouragement I have received from so many special people here at 3FC's and on this special Christian thread too. I am so thankful for all the support, the tips and ideas, and info that I have gleamed from you all too.

I have continued to read books and just finished another great one I must mention -- "8 MINUTES IN THE MORNING" by JORGE CRUISE which is helping me a lot. I do 30-40 minutes of toning exercises upon waking Monday thru Saturday (started with 10 minutes this winter); plus now I am adding 8 Minutes of Weight-Training by Jorge Cruise.

I have always been on the Portion/Calorie plan since I started -- tweaking it as I go; and I just love Jorge's box cards for this same plan. It is the EZiest way to do that plan I have ever found. I was doing this on my PC or in a notebook before using his book. I was blessed to get it through a bookclub for only $2.00 on a special deal becuz of a printing flaw! Haha!

I also love the book called "FOOD TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH" that helped me realize that I needed to add back in HEALTHY FATS to my daily eating plan to ward off cravings (thanks, MOM; RIP). BTW, JORGE's motto is also ... EAT FAT TO GET FIT!

Anyways, I just wanted to share this huge milestone; it was a big goal of mine to reach the 200's -- and now the next big one will be to reach Onederland sometime down the road, but I have many mini-goals to work on before that (more inches and lower sizes, @ 10 lbs at a time).

So, if you get stuck or stall, or hit a long plateau, just keep going no matter how long it takes; after all, our main goal is to BE HEALTHY for the rest of our lives, right? If we keep eating and living in healthier way, eventually something has to change for the better. I think our body needs TIME TO HEAL and correct itself; and we need time to heal hurts and learn not to use food for comfort.

I needed some time to find other ways to deal with my emotions in a more positive way; and it has been GOD and His Word plus the strength I have gained from the LORD that has helped me the most with that part of the journey. I have been using lessons and verses from the bible, plus songs and hymns to combat any neggies that came my way (ie, negative thoughts, words, or circumstances).

Perseverance is really so very important on this journey -- keep looking and keep trying new things until you find what works for you and your body and your lifestyle; plus keep looking ^UP^ to the LORD for strength along the way! Thanks again ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-12-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #34  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Rosebud- Just wanted to say it again!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #35  

Way to go Rosebud!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Rosebud---Congratulations!! That is Wonderful News!! I'm so happy for you.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #37  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ROSEBUD!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:12 AM   #38  
Be happy.

I'm so happy to read this Rosebud! Congratulations!
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:32 PM   #39  
Rosebud

Thanks everyone ~ I really appreciate all the support I have received from you all ...
Old 04-13-2010, 09:59 PM   #40  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Bootsie - Thanks for your kind words! I pray that you will have a wonderful leader in First Place! Now that I think about it, it seems like I tried that one time but I don't remember what happened or why I quit going! Anyway, I pray that you get all the encouragement and support you need to continue your journey!! Of course you know we will always be here for you!

Rosebud - congratulations on your loss!! I'm sure you are so very glad to be over that plateau!!

I was thinking while reading Bootsie's story a minute ago that God truly is the main "ingredient" when trying to get healthy and lose weight! I mean, who better to help and know what's best for you than the One who created you!?! I have pretty much tried everything and every diet there is with the exception of purging!! Letting God take the reigns has been the ONLY thing that has helped me and I intend to continue on with His help and strength!

**BTW - the recipe for that coconut pie is very simple....All you do is use 2 reg size boxes of sf/ff cook and serve vanilla pudding made with ff half and half. Make it according to the pie filling directions(except cut the amt of half and half down by about 1/2 a cup) and add a little coconut flavoring and some shredded coconut. Let it chill until completely cold and put into a reduced fat graham cracker crust, top with ff cool whip and a little more shredded coconut. If you can wait that long, I would chill it for a good hour to hour and a half and enjoy!! Since the coconut is the main source of fat, you can leave it out or not use as much. It is the best stuff and much better than the regular fat filled kind We have played around with different crusts trying to make it even more ff but your best bet is to just use the reduced fat graham cracker crust from the store!

Last edited by thinmintintraining; 04-13-2010 at 10:09 PM.
thinmintintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:40 PM   #41  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

hi
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #42  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone! I'm so tired today I can hardly move. I just think things are catching up with me. We went to MN to retrieve DS2's car from the shop yesterday-2 hours each way-and were glad that it was only a $388 repair instead of the $2000 we were afraid it would be at first (transmission issues).

DS3 and I have to see the doctor today for ear infection issues. Both of us had been on antibiotics when we went to Indiana when Dad was ill, but still have the same symptoms, so going back to see if we need to try something else. Going to try to get a couple things I need for DS2's senior recognition day at our church while we're out. And, need to get groceries, which is always a blast (heavy sarcasm here, of course).

So, ok, you can all see that nothing interesting is happening here, so I'll be off. Hope you all have a blessed day
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #43  

Ronni, think it is catching....not sick but so tired. I got 17 baby chicks today and they are so cute! 3 have black on their backs and oh how fast those 3 are!
They need to be in a chick race! Have two coo coo mar-ans chicks think is how you say it. I wonder why they call them that? I hope I don't have some nut for a chicken! Then some easter chickens and two that are suppose to be two good setting hens. Then i weed eated up at the road under some trees to make it look nice, so tired.

My brother is back from the hospital and they put a thibarator in , don't think I spelled that right. He says he is alright and they are talking about releasing him from the nursing home in 3 to 4 days and the nurses said they had a bunch for him to do tomorrow so he said he was going to eat supper and go to bed so he could get rested up for tomorrow. thank You for all the prayers.

Well gonna see if I can take a nap before doing the work, for I have to stay up tonight and clean house and get stuff ready for the sale this Saturday!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #44  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ PTL that your brother came thru that procedure well; the LORD is so faithful. You having a yard sale? (I forgot) I did two of them in the past; they are a lot of work and I was exhausted too; thank goodness, I had a friend who helped me at the time and I was younger and stronger then. DH wanted me to have one when we moved here but I could hardly walk so I just donated everything to goodwill instead. Prayers that you have a fab day and get some sleep too ...

RONNIE ~ you need to get to bed too!!! That an order! Prayers going up for you and your DS3 that you are feeling better soon. Glad the car repairs weren't too bad too! Take good care of yourself ...

STELLA ~ yeppers, that pie sounds wonderful; you know we can't get that pudding here in our town (too small). So I make other kinds instead, like pumpkin custard, or apple-fruit crisp. Yesterday, I made some low-sugar blueberry spread; yummy! I had some on a 1/2 slice of lemon poppy seed bread I picked up for DH. Delish!

GARY ~ howdy stranger!!!

HI TO ALL OUR OTHER MIA's out there; you all must be very busy right now. We went up town yesterday and got some black earth/compost soil for our gardens, plus some onion sets and a few more seeds. I decided with prices of veggies out there, I will grow all the EZ stuff here. DH said he will help me a bit too. This AM, I did the floors: dusting, sweeping, vacuuming and that took all morning (great exercise but tiring, so now I'm resting). WE had leftover roasted chicken and veggies for our dinner tonight.

Time for some tea! Hope you all have a FABULOUS FRIDAY tomorrow; and do take good care of you and yours ... Rosebud
Old 04-16-2010, 12:06 AM   #45  

I have been studying my First Place 4/health book tonight, I am determined to go along with it and not be a rebel this time. Though i must say I do like weigh down very much and a-lot of what I have learned from the books, is sticking with me. I don't eat unless I am hungry, and I am finding myself not hungry. I thought i was hungry this afternoon , stress getting to me, I just stopped and said just get you some tea your not hungry and I was full. The other night I ate some pecans and I was full and I knew if I ate any more I would feel sick, not only physical but within my soul for pigging out, so i just got something to drink. It says in the FP Book :
Loving God with all your mind means you let him take every thought captive, especially those negative voices that keep you in doupt and despair. This means you have to learn a new way of thinking. The battle of wellness starts in the mind.
I know we are all on different diets or ways of eating
I was wondering how is your new way of eating helped you? Has it gave you more energy, I know it has Rosebud, she is really getting with it! She is really encouraging and Stella WOW! She is too! I believe I feel stronger in doing everything I do. A garden, plant sale and Garage sale, animals and working at the store keeps me pretty busy! But just curious how is everyone else doing? Please, let us hear how you are doing sisters and brothers, let us encourage each other to stick with it.