Old 02-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #31  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

WELCOME BACK, CAROL ~ sounds like you all had a great time on your visit with family and friends ...

We have been having ***** here for most of the day, but the temps were warmer too; DH says that the winds were pretty cold though. He did get to go see the smash-up derby on snow today; and he said it just keeps getting bigger and more popular each year.

We could hear the heli's overhead for the afternoon -- taking folks out for a ride over the town. The fishing derby was on today too; as were some more activities on the lake. This is the last day and DH said that more people go out for this carnival than the summerfest; I think it is a fun way to break up the monotony of the long, cold winters here.

Tomorrow is a civic holiday in our province called FAMILY DAY so people can have a day to spend with their families; sure hope they take advantage and do just that.

Hope you all had a lovely VALENTINE'S DAY today ...

Do you all do anything special? Some years we do, some years we don't. Last year, DH bought me a snake plant (I asked for it); but I told him not to buy me chocolate this year, and he complied as I already have some dark chocolate here from Christmas yet.

We had shepherd's pie (I didn't make it; I cheated and bought it frozen so I could just pop it in the oven). I am now going to have some chocolate yogurt ice cream with pieces of the dark chocolate in it; that is my Valentine's treat for today ...

Take good care ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-14-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:59 PM   #32  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

snuck in for a peek...HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!!

I will be back tomorrow...

thought I was gonna have an easy week-end...

busy-busy....but enjoyable!

almost 5,000 songs in my i-pod!!!!...

takes time to load ya know....

good thing for me the race...Daytona.... lasted all freakin' day!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #33  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, everyone! Just a quick drop-in to let you know that DH's mom is out of surgery and doing ok. They just removed the lump and one lymph node. Pathology will be back next week, so hoping that it shows all the cancer removed and none in the lymph node, so she won't have to have any more surgery. Thanks to everyone for all the prayers!

Rosebud-your carnival sounded like a lot of fun. We've never seen a demo derby (what we call them here) on ice. DH would love that, as he and his buddies used to build and run the demos all the time.

Talk to you all later!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:07 PM   #34  
Rosebud

HI RONNIE ~ so glad that all went well today for your MIL; had been praying ahead for days and last night too. We hope they got it all too. Yes, that car smash-up derby is so popular that they have to do 2 runs now; with 3 tiers of snowbanks for the fans, and DH says that it is awesome. Some people found it cold on the 3rd tier with the winds so were sliding down to the bottom. We used to go see the ones in the summertime down south at lot when I was younger; this one is always in the winter during our carnival. They build huge snow walls around the edge; that is a good protection for the cars, drivers, and fans too. Two vehicles caught on fire, but they stopped the race right a way to get the drivers out and they were fine. It's a fab way to top off a great winter carnival.

GARY ~ ya, you sure were slaving away there with your IPOD and watching all that tv and making up new threads yesterday; I sure hope you did something nice for that lovely Angela somewhere in there on Valentine's Day ...

HI TO ALL OUR OTHER ENCOURAGERS out there ~ hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day and weekend too; and have a great week ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-15-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #35  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi GALS ~

RONNI pretty good news for your mom right now...fingers crossed and prayers sent here!

ROSEBUD..lol...Angie and I did the grocery shopping together and of course church...while she went to yoga I vacuumed..a great deal for her...watched the race and did the i-pod all at the same time...Angie was down here in the family room with me for a lot of it....reading and knitting...then she went up to watch Olympics...calling me when I should "come and see"....

Be back tomorrow....

oh and here in southern California we smash up plenty of cars on the freeways!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 02-15-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:34 AM   #36  

Height: 5'5.5"

Special hello to everyone on this Ash Wednesday. For lent I am giving up television (ouch), saying something nice and cheerful to everyone I encounter and meditating over the psalms daily.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:35 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! I have not even been lurking around 3FC recently and I have to say how much I miss it! (I also have to admit that some weight is creeping back on... I still consider myself a maintainer, but I can feel my clothes getting tighter )

I hope you all had a great weekend and maybe got to enjoy some celebrations for Valentine's day =). It was also my church's 60th anniversary so we had a brunch Sunday.

I'm curious if you all give things up for Lent? I see one person mentioned TV. Someone gave me the idea of doing something positive every day instead of giving something up, and that's kind of the lines I am thinking along. The only thing I could give up that I'd really consider a sacrifice would be wine. Which I suppose I could do - but I'm thinking something like getting up early to work out and do devotions every morning (this could count as "giving up" the snooze alarm!)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:25 PM   #38  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

THANKS IRIS!!!!

I forgot to post the LENTEN Devotions this morning! I will try to remember to post the ones from the Lutheran Missouri Synod website...they are pretty good usually....

ASH WEDNESDAY is up now....

Prayers for all ~ Gary
Old 02-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #39  
Rosebud

Well, I'd give up TV too; but I don't watch TV as we have no cable or satellite presently. We were gonna get the S for Christmas but just put it off too long; maybe in the spring now. Ummm .... so I guess that wouldn't count, but I like the idea of doing some good for someone much better. If we all did that we could really make an impact on the others and the world, I think!

We went shopping yesterday; my feet and legs were a bit sore afterwards for some reason, but am taking it easier tonight. We had more ***** overnight, guess winter had finally arrived! Just in 2 days, we have almost caught up to last year; well not quite, but it won't be long now as they are predicting more white stuff for the rest of the week.

HI to both IRIS and LIZR ~ nice of you ladies to drop by again! Hello to all our other encouragers as well; have a great week everyone ... Rosebud
Old 02-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Hi all. I'm new here. Just thought I'd ask to see if anyone has heard of a Christian weight loss plan called Weigh Down. I bought some CDs and a book on it and I'm trying it, but now I've read some stuff online that says the church that the founder pf the program started is really a cult. I wondered if anyone ever used Weigh Down and if it works. I haven't had a miraculous reaction to it so far!
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #41  
Rosebud

to our Christian thread ~ I'm sure you will like this site -- and the people here are friendly and very supportive ...

I think the reason some people are calling that author's church a cult is becuz she left the traditional churches to start her own church based on her own personal beliefs, which some people don't agree with. Most people wouldn't do that; they would just look around until they felt the Lord lead them to another established church (whether organized or independant). I mean, don't we have enuff choices now?

I haven't tried her plan; but my research says the first book was the most liked by readers and participants. Some say it is a lot like Intuitive Eating which there is a thread on this site somewhere; you can do a Search for it using the search function in the purple bar at the top of the page.

Have a Fabulous Friday everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 02-18-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:48 PM   #42  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Hi all!
I missed you!
We had a GREAT trip to California to see DS1 and DIL. The weather was glorious and DS1 designed the Ash Wednesday service, so it was extra special to attend

All is well here - busier than ever since I missed so much work (vacations are fun, but catching up is mind boggling!)

I read everyone's posts - prayers continuing for all!

Oh, and regarding Weigh Down - I lead a group about 15 years ago. I liked the first book and video series - since then, Gwen has gone a bit awol from a traditional Christian theology and message, so I don't much care for her materials beyond the first series. It was solid and worthwhile! I lost about 50 lbs. while doing the program back then.

Gotta fly - still have a ton of house stuff to catch up on as well.

Blessings to all, and Prayers ASCENDING!!!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:26 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Thanks for the weigh down info - I'm going to stick it out because I think I have some of the older materials before Gwen went off in a different direction so I'm hoping they'll work for me. I'll let you know.
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #44  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkinThin View Post
Thanks for the weigh down info - I'm going to stick it out because I think I have some of the older materials before Gwen went off in a different direction so I'm hoping they'll work for me. I'll let you know.
It was good stuff! I still use some of the intuitive eating ideas, as well as putting food in proper perspective.

Good luck - you absolutely CAN do this!

Blessings!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #45  
Rosebud

WELCOME BACK, LAURIE ~ sounds like you had a great time with your son in sunny Californie. Is San Diego anywheres near where GARY & ANGELA live? Hope you can get some rest in this weekend before you have to return to work.

We are just having a quiet night at home; listening to golden oldies on the radio while reading and posting here, and having my tea. Soon will go put my legs up and do some reading too -- have a wonderful weekend, folks ... ROSEBUD