Old 04-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #16  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Ladies where are you all at??? we are still at one page. LOL is everyone outdoors now that it's warmed up a tad bit? it's been rainy here all week but the sun is shining now. i hope to get some yard work done this afternoon. but i have to go to the grocery for Uncle Bill first. He went home today and he was really ready to go. ya'll have a great Saturday!
rosebud76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #17  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

HI all again,
I did have one sunny day to work (weed) in the yard, it was so gorgeous out. I'm still at a standstill, but trying to stay positive. I can picture myself doing better, it's just not happening. I start off great, have yogurt and tea at breakfast, one or two hard-boiled eggs midday, but its the afternoon and evening times that get me - and the time in front of the computer - the mindless snacking. Its kinda like the weeds in the yard. If you want a nice yard, you got to keep the weeds down when they're small or they take over. I had been doing well on the diet, then I let "the little foxes spoil the vine", just like any kind of sin - it starts small, then takes over. Keep me in your prayers please and I will work on this end. Sorry if I rambled on there.
Doragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:54 PM   #18  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Default Prayers for PIN PIN and us please ....

SORRY, been MIA (esp for our new members); but our PIN PIN has now taken ill too. We thought she was just depressed becuz her mom passed away just three weeks ago today, but we noticed that she seemed to be under the weather and very quiet the last day or so. Today, when we woke up she couldn't walk right. We don't know if she caught something (pneumonia) or had a stroke (she is getting up there too; she just turned 14 y/o). My family says these girls have lived very long lives in human terms; is it true they are 7 years old, for every 1 of their years?

Anyways, we have been very upset (esp DH as she's his buddy); we were hoping to have a little time with her yet. Anyways, have had to look after her and keep an eye on her. She just took some water, but has only eaten a little ice cream (her fave treat) all day.

Please pray for her comfort and that GOD will give us wisdom and strength to get thru this very trying time in our lives. I read in the word today in JOB 12 that all living beings have souls, so that made DH feel better. We appreciate your support and prayers so much; I think that this is one of the reasons GOD directed me to this place. Thank you so much; gotta go check on her. ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:54 PM   #19  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Well Angie and I had a busy day. We took our goldens to Starbucks for a 3.5 mile walk, came home did some grocery shopping then went to pick up our chips and t-shirts for a 5K we are doing tomorrow. I watched my UCLA Bruins get beat against Memphis then we went to church for Saturday night service.

Great pictures KAREN!

I am working closer to home so I should be able to pick up my posting.

Have a great Sunday gals!

Blessings ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:56 PM   #20  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

We posted at the same time ROSEBUD ~ Prayers for Pin Pin...I am so sorry!
Old 04-06-2008, 12:03 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Rosebud, Sending good thoughts and prayers for your little Pin Pin. And also for you and your DH.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #22  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Dora - have you tried journaling? that really helps me know what I've had and what I need to have to make my eating balanced for the day.

Rosebud - i'm sorry to hear about Pin Pin, I know how hard it is when one of the family gets ill. I'm always torn up when Nikki or Daisy get ill and this has to be especially hard since you lost a baby 3 weeks ago. You all are in my prayers.

Yesterday was an OP day! yay!!! today is the day that usually gets me. But i'm not going to let it get me today! I'm going to pack some healthy snacks with me in case I get the hunger bug.

I did measurements yesterday and I've lost inches in several places. I haven't counted it up yet but I'm going to wait for a few weeks first.

Is it just me or does documenting EVERYTHING help you all too? I write what I eat, I keep track of the poundage every week and my measurements. I am OCD about some things in my life and I'm praying to be OCD in this area too. LOL well I have to get off and get ready for church so DH doesn't have to hollar at me to hurry up. LOL
rosebud76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #23  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Rosebud: My prayers are with you!! We lost our dog 5 years ago and still miss her. She was also 14 years old and got sick.

Measuring is the best way to track your loss. Way to go!

Gary: Have a great run! I'm impressed with how you've stayed with your activity. It's especially neat that you and Angie can do this together.

Dora: Don't get discouraged about staying in one place. Have you taken your measurements? Sometimes that changes even though the weight hasn't. You're doing great!

My eating is still going well. I need to get back into the exercising again. Life sometimes gets so busy that I forget to and I know I need the energy.

Things are still going on at work and hopefully soon there will be a resolution. Please continue to pray.

Today we're going out for lunch after church with friends and then in the afternoon we're having our kids over for a "make your own" pizza and movie night. Should be fun!

Have a great Sunday!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #24  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS EVERYONE ~ for your kind words and prayers of support. Just wanted to drop in and let you all know that PIN PIN passed away this morning just after 10 am; less than an hour after DH and I prayed over her that we would like her to stay, but if it was her time to go that GOD wouldn't let her suffer, and to please take her quickly, as it was torture to watch them both go, and just within 3 weeks of the other.

PIN PIN missed her mother so much (they were like twin souls); and now she can go play with her in playland. JOB 12:10 says that ALL living things have souls (they were talking about animals specifically), as well as mankind. How comforting to know ...

Maybe GOD was trying to be gracious to us in a way, so that our sorrows won't be spread out so much. This has been so hard on us, becuz they were kinda like our kiddies. SWEETIE was my furry baby and PIN PIN was DH's buddy, and he is hammering his sadness into another coffin, as we speak.

It is going to be so lonely without them; it was a bit overwhelming at first and my anxiety was giving me a bit of trouble from the stress of it all, I'm sure. DH says that is quite normal under the circumstances; and that he's never seen this happen before.

ONCE AGAIN, thanks so much for your prayers as we appreciate it so much. I have been relying on you all so much lately; and was kinda wondering why so much was happening all at once, but we must TRUST GOD that in His infinite wisdom, He knows what is best. I can see His grace in this situation in so many ways; so many times, He gave me impressions through His Word and thru songs of all things: I believe He'll use whatever He can to comfort us.

We hope you have a wonderful day; and may the Blessings of life out-number the bruises by far ... and take good care ROSEBUD ^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Rosebud, I'm so sorry to hear that Pin Pin passed away this morning but remember that she and Sweetie will both be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. And until then they will have each other. My prayers are with you and your Hubby.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

So sorry to hear of your loss.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #27  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

I am so sorry ROSEBUD for your loss! I dread the day that my goldens get older. We sure get a lot of love from them!

We ran our 5K this morning. Angie beat me again! She ran it in 31:08 and I had a 33:44. She has been traing though for a half-marathon relay and I have just been training to walk 3+ miles. I did a slow jog today. My daughter and nephew were with us but a few other family members missed for various reasons. I put a couple of pics over in the Weight Loss Support Thread under C-N Nothing But Butt if you want to see us.

WILMA ~ Have a great pizza/movie night with those kids!

DORA ~ Step away from that computer with those snacks!

LAUREN ~ I like to write down my weight every day...and my miles ....it helps me to focus and keep on top of things! I find it easier to get one pound gone than finding out ...oops! I'm 5 up again!

RENNIE ~ I like those Hebrew National hot dogs.

KAREN ~ Glad to see your dad doing better!

COUNTING ~Any new microbrews?

AUNT SUE ~ Still busy at work? Save energy for niece hugs

Have a great week everyone! ~ Gary
Old 04-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #28  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick note to say that we are back home safe and sound. Rosebud - so sorry to hear about PIN PIN! What a blessing that you had both of the girls as long as you did! You and your DH are in my prayers!

Hello to everyone else - I hope to get caught up on 3FC as soon as I get my laundry and unpacking done!

Thank you everyone that has been praying for mom and SF. We had a good visit, and he is getting stronger every day. So thank you!
God is so faithful!

Blessings to all and prayers continuing!

Laurie

EDIT: LOL - Gary, yes - we were able to find two new breweries in the Knoxville area while visiting. One in particular had some AMAZING beers. We very much enjoyed checking out the local establishments, though - compared to some of the "brewing" in the hills down there - I'm thinking the microbrews were probably a bit tame

Last edited by CountingDown; 04-06-2008 at 06:48 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:27 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 188.6 /178.8 /135

Height: 5' 5"

Smile

Good morning ladies!

Sorry I went MIA last week, so soon after joining. Nothing wrong, just got super busy and spent most of my time knitting.

Rosebud - I'm sorry for the loss of your Pin Pin.

A quick update on my LEEP (or LETZ... seems it goes by different names) procedure. I'll be having it in the hospital next Monday, the 14th (also happens to be my oldest daughter's 13th birthday!!). I'll update with the time when I have it. UPDATE: Okay, no sooner did I hit "post" than the phone rang on this issue! LOL! Hospital is booked that date after all. I go in on Monday, April 28th. Unless I call them on Friday the 25th and find out different, I should be checking in that morning at 10:30 am.

Despite some ups and downs with both tracking and keeping to my points, the Lord has graciously allowed me to lose 2 pounds this last week anyway. I'm now down 9.8 from my starting weight, which is close enough to 10 in my book.

I hope this week brings lots of good things for all.

Last edited by momofmany; 04-07-2008 at 10:39 AM.
momofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #30  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

momofmany
You are doing great. Will sure keep you in my prayers.

ez
Sounds like you both did terrific. Those hot dogs really are quite tasty lol. Just what I DON'T need. Something easy to make lol.

Justwant
I am so very sorry for your loss. It is a hard time for you I am sure. Please know we all think of you and hope you don't stay sad.

Wilma
There never seems to be enough hours in the day does there.

rosebud
I use fit day to keep track of my foods. YES, it helps me a great deal. I can make sure I am getting in those required amounts of the four basic food groups that way and that I am getting enough calories in, which can be a real problem for me. Losing inches is great, just as important if not more important than the numbers on the scale.

Dora
From your post doesn't sound like you are eating enough. Maybe sit down and make out a menu plan for yourself for the next day. Make sure you are getting the required amounts of the four basic food groups in. You will find you need to eat a whole lot of food to get everything in the body needs. I have found I need to eat food to lose weight.

Did you ever have a weekend you were busy doing nothing lol. That is what my weekend was like. I remember us laughing, I remember us having fun, I remember us getting things done that I can't do myself ( clean the top of the fridge, I just can't reach it all even on a step ladder ) but I swear we really didn't do much of anything lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote