Old 04-16-2008, 09:21 PM   #76  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

WOW ~ lots of advice here; talked to a friend of mine who is a retired Veterinary Assistant today. She suggested soups bones (cook them and cool first). So we have lots to think about. I know in some localities you have to pick up doodoo's; DH does that here and puts it around our trees and they haven't died yet ~ LOL! We live 10 miles out in the country, so I'm surprised anyone would bock about a dog going along a country road ...

We have picked up another flu, so I spent a good part of the day wrapped in a comfy and sipping hot lemon drink and sucking on throat lozenges. Oh well, we'll get over it soon enuff. Thanks for all the input and have a great night all ... ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:18 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 164.4/158.2/140.0

Height: 5'6 3/4

Good morning everyone!!

I'm feeling a little better this morning, not as dizzy but I can't hear at all from my R ear, could be worse. I didn't do much yesterday as I felt rundown and nauseous. Got my new fridge put in and just taking care of that was work. I plan to force myself to do something today, I still feel like I could go back to bed but if I don't move I'll just feel worse so I at least need to walk the pooches today. Walk might be the wrong word where they are concerned, flying, dragging, sprinting, those are probably closer to the truth. I'm taking it one day at a time right now, found a place to log my food that keeps track of my calories and nutrition better than I was doing on my own, and I'm still praying for guidance and wisdom. I don't think God wants me to get too far ahead of myself, thats when I start relying on my own power and not His, and thats when the trouble begins. So glad you are all here. thanks, trish
CCmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:04 PM   #78  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Rosebud and Trish - hope you are feeling better soon!

Trish - it IS a day by day thing. There is a reason that the Lord's prayer says "daily" bread. We ARE to go back to God's table daily - for all the nourishment that we need - spiritual as well as physical.

Hope you all are having a POP day. I'm doing well and the weather was glorious!

Blessings & prayers continuing
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:16 PM   #79  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

CC
Hope you start to feel better soon. Take it easy with the dogs lol. You are very right. When we forget God is there with us helping us thru tough times. When we take all the credit for the things we do instead of giving God credit. That is when we find things falling apart.

Just
We live out in the country too. It is amazing how many people will let their dogs go in peoples yards instead of 10 feet up the road where there isn't anything for the door to bother. The more people we have moving out here from the city, the more problems we seem to be having with this problem for some reason. Kind of the same as why do people toss things out of their car windows ( I live on the main road of our little town ) into peoples yards. they wouldn't toss a bag of MC Donald's stuff in their own front yard. Doesn't make sense does it. There has been so many different kinds of flu this year. Many people just can't seem to get over one quick enough before they have another. Sure hope you get over it soon.

Counting
You are doing so great. You are going to be skin and bones in no time at all

mkay
Nice to have you with us.

wima
It looks lovely
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:32 AM   #80  

Talking

Good Morning All,

Did anyone feel the earthquake we had this morning? Thankfully I was already awake (my cat's driving me nuts in the morning) or I might have totally freaked out. My kids all woke up screaming, they thought it was a Tornado because it was roaring loud. I'm feeling much better today, I can tell this is gonna be one of those hungry days though. My gals want to meet for lunch today at the pizza joint for the buffet but I think I'll go to the health food store and get a salad then meet them there. I have to go have my thyroid test done later, so I'm looking forward to getting that out of the way. Thanks again for all your support, hope everyone has what looks to be a beautiful day from here.
Trish
Old 04-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #81  

Default Hi!

E.Z.- Thanks!!
Shy- Beautiful Rug! You are so right He is always there! Prayers for son's bum!!
Counting-Thanks !
Wilma- sounds like nice trip, beautiful chalet and congrats on a belated Happy Anniversary!!
Rosebud- Great news on Uncle Tom!
Educ8em- Welcome! Awesome 12 pounds to go!!
Trish welcome
M-Kay- Good to hear from you, come back and visit!
My trip went well w/ youth group, got back and had a survey by quality assurance on Wed. Thurs, and was busy preparing for it on Mon and Tues. so I am glad that is over! I had a good survey which is always nice. I am off the weekend and going home to family so away from computer, just popped in top say Hi
Prayers!!! Oh I did get to see a casting crowns concert which was absolutly awesome and also John Baller, and Leland- which were great too! But just love casting crowns!! catch ya later!

Last edited by doitforme; 04-18-2008 at 11:01 AM.
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:54 AM   #82  
Rennie

doit
If they do surgery the thing has to be cleaned out and repacked for a while. I have to admit. I haven't wanted to see my sons bum since he got out of cloth diapers lol.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:34 AM   #83  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Just a fly in to say hello! The weather is glorious and my garden is calling
Blessings to all!
Prayers ascending
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #84  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

CC - The earthquake was pretty cool! I too thought it was a tornado, I have never been in one so I didn't know what to expect and I seriously did think it was about to rip our house off of the foundation but we felt it pretty good here. Where in IN are you? I'm in KY not far from Evansville.

doit - I'm going to go see Casting Crowns next month. I'm really excited! Where did you guys take your youth? last weekend we went to Aquire the Fire in Nashville. It was great and we are all new fans of Unhindered!!! they were amazing!

Zack has taken some of our youth to state competition for our denomination and they are competing in Bible tic tac toe. it's a 3 hr drive away and it's lasting a lot longer than expected. I'm having a nice me day and am going to do some cooking. I LOVE to cook!

OHHHHH guess what.... Zack got me Dance Praise!!!!! It has been a lot of fun. The youth were over last night and they all were having so much fun on it.

Well I'm off for now. Have a blessed Saturday!
rosebud76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:28 PM   #85  

HI!

DD, had a couple of B-ball games this morning, had a woman from my small group/Bible study ride with me as her daughter is on the team as well. We had some great discussion on the way up, it was too much fun, poor DH sat in the back and felt left out. The intense ringing in my ears has returned with a vengeance, its making kind of nauseous. Big DS has Grand March here in a little bit so I gotta go up to the school and I really don't feel like going but its the last time he'll ever go thru it, so I can't miss it. I'm super worried that I'm gonna have the dizzy's tomorrow, and I have service at the womens jail and I can't, I CANNOT miss it! I missed prayer time with them on Wed. and I will feel horrible if I can't go tomorrow too. Pray for me please. Hope everyone is having a happy and healthy day.

Lauren, I live about an hour N of E-ville, my brother lives down there.

gotta go, check in later, Trish
Old 04-20-2008, 03:43 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 179/173/140

Default Dance Praise?

[QUOTE=rosebud76;2158706]CC -
OHHHHH guess what.... Zack got me Dance Praise!!!!! It has been a lot of fun. The youth were over last night and they all were having so much fun on it.

What is Dance Praise? Sounds interesting! I'm wondering if I could use it with my 4 and 7 year old - manage to get in some exercise!

Thanks!

Blessings,
Pam
<><
ppturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #87  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,
It's been awhile for me to check-in, so. . . .

Shy - I didn't get to say how cool your rug is . . . but, well, it is!

Counting - Did you actually get to get out into your garden? I had a couple of good days in the garden, but of all things - it snowed yesterday and last night!!! Spring please come . . .

Rosebud - Since it's been awhile since I posted, you may already be feeling better, but if not, here's a hug for you (((Rosebud)))

Trish - my prayers are with you in your ear problem and trying to keep up with your prison ministry and kids and - and - whew!

As to my personal eating challenge I'm doing good and not-so good. I'm eating right and faithfully logging my foods into my personal copy of Fit Day, which really is good for me. But, the scale just won't budge. I have joined the Biggest Loser challenge and have started working out with weights, using Joyce Vedral to guide me. Hope to have more positive report next time. Love and prayers . . .

Dora
Doragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:44 PM   #88  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Just wanted to drop in and let you know I'm still here; this flu is terrible: like the last one only, add in coughing that keeps you up all night, so you can do nothing but doze off all day long ~ LOL! Have to laugh to get through it; I was singing praises at that glorious full moon last night. The best way to lift one's spirits when you're feeling down, and I ended up writing another small ditty while I was at it.

DH thinks he is coming down with it too; so far he only has the fever and headaches: all I could say was ... you really don't want this one. Now I am just hoping that I am building up some kind of immunity to these nasties for the future. The kiddies came out to play today, but you can tell they aren't quite over it yet, although it was a good sign that they felt like going outside to play at all.

SHY ~ our town has been hit with some doozy flues this year; it's been a rough one for us all.

TO EVERYONE ELSE ~ thanks so much for your prayers and well wishes; we appreciate it so much. I am sending prayers up for you all as well. Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD^PRAYERS ASCENDING^ ....
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:34 PM   #89  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:

What is Dance Praise? Sounds interesting! I'm wondering if I could use it with my 4 and 7 year old - manage to get in some exercise!

Thanks!

Blessings,
Pam
<><
Dance Praise is a Christian version of DDR which is... a dance pad that you hook up to your computer throught the USB outlet and run it through the program. there is an up/down/right/left arrows on the pad and Christian music plays and there is a series of arrows that you are supposed to step/dance on. it's really great and it would be AWESOME for your kids. there is even a calorie burning mode where you set your weight and goal of # of calories that you want to burn during the session. it is a lot of fun, i highly reccomend it!

Today was a great day but this is a quick on and off for me. hope ya'll have a wonderful monday!
rosebud76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:42 AM   #90  
Rennie

rosebud
I am going to have to look for that. Sounds like great fun.

Just
Darn, I am sorry you are so sick. Everyone around here seems to have been sick at least twice this winter. Some how the sicky ME hasn't been sick all winter lol. Sure hope you feel better real soon.

Dora
Oh I can't wait until the next challenge starts. Maybe we will be on the same team. I hope to be on the red team again . I had a great time during the last one. You just keep logging those foods and stay within some good ranges for you. The scale will shift. We didn't gain the weight in a day, we aren't going to lose it in a day. Thank you about the rug. I think they are great fun to do. Have the one I am working on about half done already lol.

CC
Have you gone to the ears, nose and throat doc to find out what the ringing is caused by?