Old 03-31-2008, 08:24 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Christian Encouragers ~ April

CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ~ APRIL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:31 PM   #2  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

yay! new thread!

i had a really crappy day yesterday but today is much better! i ate right on plan and took a walk around the block with Daisy. i'm going to work on drinking my last liter of water for the day early enough before bed!
rosebud76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Wink

HEY GALS ~ I'll try to move this APRIL THREAD up to the top of the page for ya's; seems some of the ladies haven't noticed it yet!!!

GOD played a nice April Fool's Day trick on us; supposed to be spring, but we woke up to a MEGA-SNOWSTORM; it has been raging all day and night. We have another FOUR FEET + of snow out there; yes, I said FOUR FEET!!! I hope you all feel sorry for us ... LOL!

SUE ~ the pic is adorable; yah, no squeezing the kitty ~ LOL!

SHY ~ I love all kinds of salads and veggies; can't get DH to eat salad, but have been increasing his veggie library since we met; lol!

RE: UNCLE TOM ~ starting NEXT Wednesday, his chemo treatments will be on Wednesdays instead of Mondays. That way, he gets his blood tested on Tuesdays, and goes to the city the next day, instead of the same day; too hectic the other way. His treatments are every other week; so one on April 9th and 23rd according to his wife. She also asks for special prayer for his breathing (and some anxiety too I think); and says to thank everyone; prayers so appreciated.

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE; hope you had a good day! Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD^PRAYERS^ for you and yours continue ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-01-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #4  
Lauren

Hi ya'll another great day!

I stayed OP pretty much, I went to Applebees with some ladies for work for a going away dinner but I think I chose pretty well. Supper I was perfect and I'm ready for tomorrow! I've just got to get my water in, that is where i'm lacking.

I hope you all had a wonderful day!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi gals........gotta be quick tonight.....just popping in to say welcome to the new "kids" and..

AUNT SUE..."our" niece is getting so cute!!!

gotta go......prayers!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:46 PM   #6  
Lauren

doit - I hear that Alaska is beautiful and is a great cruise but I love the warm sun to much and enjoy laying out on the deck... ahhhhh...
Old 04-02-2008, 08:54 AM   #7  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's a cool foggy day here today. AND there's still a lot of snow on the ground. I am so ready for spring!!!

Today is weigh in day and my weight stayed the same. This is a good thing because I was away last weekend. I did really well at the wedding. They served chicken and baked potatoes with salad. We did go out for lunch after church on sunday and I ate more than I should have. BAck at it now though!

I'm thrilled to see all the newbies here. A huge welcome to you all. You will find great support here.

I still ask for your prayers for the work situation. It's improving but slowly. Thanks!

I am praying for all the requests and concerns I've been reading here. It's so cool that God cares about everything in our lives. He cares about how we feel about ourselves and I feel best about myself when I'm exercising and eating the way I should.

Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #8  

Default Hi there!

Shy= Luv Celery- I think the crunch helps!!
Lauren- Have to agree luv the sun!!! Great Job staying op
Rosebud- Thanks! Prayers continue for Uncle Tom! Sorry about the snow, we have an ice storm coming Friday- Yipee- NOT!!!
E.Z.- She is getting big, and is just too cute! Pray all goes well with work.
Wilma- prayers for you at work as well, and no gain!
Well gotta run- doing well still at a stand still but haven't had time to exercise this week hopefully tom. morning! blessing all!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angie and I just spent the last few hours with the recruiter for the United States Navy. We gave our consent and signed for knucklehead nephew to join, something he has wanted now for about 6 months. It was totally his decision, I told him I would support his decision but it was His decision to make and no one elses. I told him to pray and do his research. We are all pleased and proud, he will go to boot camp after high school graduation in June.

Blessings, Gary
Old 04-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #10  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

ez
had to be hard to let him make that choice. My son wants to go in. They keep going back and forth he is allowed in with the meads he is on he isn't allowed in with the meads he is on. We have been going through this for 9 months. No one can come up with the same answer twice so they have him on hold.

doit
Sometimes you just have to eat. Sucking on a piece of candy or drinking something just isn't going to do it. Celery does it for me lol.

Wilma
Maintaining is great with all you have had going on.

rosebud
Nice going making good choices while out to dinner.

Just
Around here you eat what I make lol. Once a week it is a big salad with chicken mixed in. You eat or you go hungry. Hubby had learned he loves salads more than he loves hunger lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:16 PM   #11  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

We've had lovely sunshine for the last two days; so some of that snow is slowly melting away. DH finished clearing off the deck for me so that we can go out there for some fresh air. Not much going on here; just doing the usual daily chores and meals; books and bills; and so on ... I can feel spring in the air ... it may be on it's way.

GARY ~ that is very brave of your nephew to join the navy or any kind of military right now with the US deployed in some troubled areas. Will pray for him, just as we do our Canadian fellas who are trying to do something they call 'peacekeeping' today. However, we would prefer it, if they were all back at home.

SHY ~ I have salad almost every day; DH won't eat a salad like that, but he won't starve either: he'd make himself something else, like burgers or hot doggies ~ LOL! And he says, that he hasn't eaten so many veggies in his whole life before he met me ... at least that's a partial compromise. For the most part, he eats what I make; one or two exceptions isn't too bad! If I really want something, I'll just make the meal and change something for myself, that's all.

LAUREN ~ your off to a good start; just keep on, keepin' on ...

SUE ~ sorry for that icy rain; maybe it won't come. We have sunshine and they thought something else. Maybe we'll have a cooler summer this year???

WILMA ~ that's nice they served a good meal at the wedding; and you are back on track now. Glad to hear things are improving at work at bit; will continue to pray for that ...

Have a great evening; your fellow encourager ROSEBUD^PRAYERS^ continue for you and yours ....
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #12  
Rennie

Just
Hubby likes hot dogs. Not really my thing so I went out and bought him the Hebrew 97% fat free beef hot dogs. They actually taste great and I don't feel so bad him eating them.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #13  
Lauren

Hi ladies, just wanted to share my good news. DH and I lost 32 pounds last week! I lost 7 and he lost the other 25! we are on a great start! OP today and for the rest of my life!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone!
Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know my Dad is still doing wonderful! I thought that I would post this link to some pictures that we took while we were back in MO. when he got his pace maker. It was a wonderful week being with the family and hope to be making it permanent here soon! Still waiting for that one person to come and buy the house!
I hope everyone is doing fine and I will try to get caught up with everyone one of these days!

Have a good night!!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...localeid=en_US
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:20 AM   #15  
Rennie

karen
So glad to hear the good news. Hope things go well and the sale happens soon. What wonderful pics of the dogs. You are looking good yourself.