Old 04-08-2007, 09:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi, I have a long, long WEIGH to go!

Hi, my name is Gwyn and I certainly have a long, long way/weigh to go! But I am on the course and with the help of God. I am going to make it this time. I really love this website, I have found great opportunity to share my heart and the Love of God with many hurting people.
I am very new here to 3 fat chicks on a diet.
Since I have a long, way/weigh to go, I think I am going to need lots of friends to help me along the way. I want to also be a help and support to you guys too. I started my lifestyle change on my birthday Jan. 1st and weighed 501 and I have lost 36 pounds so far. I have many health issues but I am not going to let all that discourage me. I am going to make it all the way! All the Weigh down to 150 pounds!
I had given up trying after what seems a lifetime of failed successes. I would lose a 100 pounds and then put it back on. I did this at least 4 other times. Plus every diet under the sun. This time I feel is truly different for me. Because with God's help, I took a real hard look at what was going on, on the inside of my heart and mind and did a whole lot of work to resolve most of those issues. Now I am free on the inside, many of those very old wounds that had been open since I was a very young child, are now all healed up! I still am working on others. But I can look in my mirror now and actually love the person I see! I never could do that before, not ever. I hear no more evil negative self talk anymore! Thank God! Who the Son sets free is free Indeed! I always think of what Jesus said, that we are to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. Boy it sure is hard to love anyone (really) when we don't love ourselves. At least this is true in my case.
Since Jesus has healed these internal wounding's, as I have allowed him and coopereated with him, I have noticed the external weight is dropping off. I am eating mostly what I call foods by God, you know , like an Apple 71 calories, 0 fat many health benefits plus fiber. Not Apple Pie, Slice 411 calories, 23 g of fat, no fiber, tons of sugar ect. . .
I am no long a MAD, INSANE, EATING MACHINE! Lord knows how insane my eating had become! All the way up to 501 pounds!
I have to eat very low sodium too and find that God's food that he created and designed perfectly for our bodies, is also by nature low in sodium. I use lime juice to replace salty flavor and it works GREAT!
I will soon be rid of my wheelchair and oxygen tanks and I will DANCE!
Love your new friend and sister in Christ, Gwyn Happy Easter too!

Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:14 PM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hi Gwyn - welcome, and good luck! You sound VERY positive - you go girl!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 276/270/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Gwyn: Welcome! YOu sound like you are on the right track and you are also very positive! Keep it up-you are on your weigh down. I look forward to hearing about your continued success.
Tracy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 481/450.2/180

Height: 5'10"

Hey Gwyn! We currently weigh around the same, so I am looking forward to going through this with you! My goal weight is 180 though. (I am large frame naturally and 5'10" so any smaller would make me look like bones I think).

Look forward to "hearing" from you.
ApGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:06 PM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Hello, Hello ...

~ GWYN ... would luv you to come and join us in the Christian Encouragers thread (#216) on this forum. I have a long way to go too; and we could all support each other.

And a big WELCOME to the other ladies here ~ APGIRL, HEATHER AND TRACY too; we would like all of you to come and join us. The thread is open for all to join; please come!

GOD BLESS; AND KEEP ON, KEEPIN' ON ~ your fellow encourager ... ROSEBUD.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 07:26 PM   #6  

God Bless All Your
Sweet Hearts!
Thank you all a million thank you's
For all your kindness.
Love in Christ your new friend, Gwyn
Old 04-24-2007, 02:11 PM   #7  

Gwyn, I just read your story, and it is awesome, girl! Finding freedom is where it's at! You are right, it is a heart issue with the weight just being a symptom of something that needs working on in the heart. I am trying sooo hard to grasp this Truth, and like you -to find that freedom in Christ. Change the inside so the outside can be free to change! Thanks for sharing - encourager!
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:19 AM   #8  

I am soooooooooooo looking forward to getting weighed this Sunday after Church! I can't wait to see what has happend this month.
Thank you Elizbennet and all of you for your kind support on my thread! I love doing this! Love you all In Christ, Gwyn
Old 04-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #9  

Oh my In the morning it will be Sunday!!!! After Church I will be going to the hospital to get weighed. Can't wait to see what has happend!
Old 04-30-2007, 12:08 AM   #10  

Red face With God's Help I am Doing it!

Happy Happy Joy Joy!
Look what the Lord has done for me!
He has helped me lose more weight!
Today I went to the hospital and got weighed and I have lost a total of 46 pounds so far.
I am a happy camper!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:53 AM   #11  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Gwyn - when all things seem impossible - turn to the Lord - that when He does His best work
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:52 AM   #12  

GWYN YeeHa! Whoop-eee! Praise the Lord! That is wonderful! Yep, that is Flab-u-Less!!! I am truly so excited for you! You keep up the good work, girl!
Our life long wrong decisions were chosen decisions and we did become enslaved to them, but Praise God, as we begin to rely on His power, we can change! And Gwyn - You Are Changing!! The changes you have been longing for are becoming a reality - Our God gives us our hearts desires when they line up with His best for us. Yea, now I can hardly wait for next month. Ok, we will take it day by day (moment by moment is good too!).
Dana, Hi and welcome - from one (retired) homeschooling mom to another. I homeschooled our three children (a total of 17 yrs.) What a wonderful and blessed experience - and life calling. Now, since you homeschool, you know that calls for a lot of self control and a disciplined life. Dana, you are right about the food not being the problem ( what God makes is good), and you are right about our wanting to indulge our flesh. But what we must do is follow Gwyn's lead (keeping our eyes on Jesus) and resist, turn from the flesh and to the Lord for our help! I am beginning to believe (I know that's terrible to say, since I am a seasoned believer in Christ Jesus) that even this challenge isn't to big for Him - and me (us). I want to be like Paul and desire God more than food/life and not allow food to be an idol of worship/desire for me - any longer! I do feel the Lord has led me to the 3 fat chicks and that this thread and the faith based one is just so encouraging.
Gotta go - I'm meeting the family for my baby's B'Day lunch. He is turning 20 today and I am getting a salad to eat!
You ladies have the best EVER day, in Christ!
elizbennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:39 PM   #13  

Cool

You two are the coolest! Thank you Dana and Thank you Elizbennet! I am very blessed and honored that God has brought us into each others lives! HE is so GOOD! HE is so KIND! HE is so Loving! HE is the Best!Thank you both a million thank you's for you kindness and love.Please keep coming and posting on my Thread. I am going to try and keep this going all through my weight loss process and then maybe even for my maintanace. What is so very cool about all this is, ALL THE ENCOURAGMENT WE GIVE TO ONE ANOTHER! That with out question and beyond all doubt, is the WILL OF GOD! This is my commandment that ye love one another, that your joy may be full! I don't even know you, and I can LOVE you! Really Love you! Love you with the Love of the Lord! Because the Love of GOD is shed abroad in my heart and it is shed abroad in your hearts and so it is a beautiful thing to love one another. Hey Dana I just had another thought I could add to yours and that is since, When I am weak, He is strong, then I should have no reason under the sun to feed my love hunger with anything other then Jesus Christ! Amen!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #14  
striving to be a loser

Wow Gwyn, you are a heart-warming inspiration for me this morning. God will carry you to those goals. This was the thing that changed me this time in obtaining my goals, seeking Him and only Him for those troubled times and turning all my worries and cares over. I'm proud of you and one day you will meet your ultimate goal.
Jackay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #15  

Thank you so much Jackay!!!!
Please post here and let me know how you are doing too! Hey I would like to invite you also to another thread on this faith based forum it is The Lords Table by Charbar. It is a real life changer! I will be eternally greatful for her posting that thread so I could learn of the course of study! Check it out! You won't be sorry! I promise you that!
Love in Christ, Gwyn