Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-29-2006, 08:58 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

Whew, finally got back on my bike! I rode a lovely, mind clearing 15 mile loop! I would have gone more, but my sister in law is visiting and I didn't want her to wake up and worry about where I was.

She's the reason I needed a mind clearing...lol. Well, not really, but the stress of having her and her 2 kids here. I'm a private person, I enjoy my time alone and I haven't had that since they've been here. I always have to watch what I say, do, wear, and all that good stuff....and it gets to me! Hubby and I argued last night and I KNOW it's cause I'm stressed out because of them being here! Starting a new job is stressful enough without the other stuff!

So, I rode this morning, in the fog, with almost no traffic on the road. It was an extremely nice ride. I was so scared that it would half kill me to get back on the bike, but it didn't....if anything I was stronger on my hills. I rode hubby's bike so that I wasn't focused on my speed/time/distance, (his doesn't have a computer on it) just riding and I was amazed at how much nicer his bike rides...lol.. Same brand and all, just a men's bike with bar ends on the handle bars. Although, you can't take his bike to 5th gear or up on the big ring cause it clinks for some reason!?! Odd.

Well, guess it's a good thing I did some jogging/walking while taking a bike break!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:07 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

I know I haven't posted in a while, but glad to see Kim and Courtnie are still riding and posting. Welcome, Diem.

Haven't ridden or done much exercise lately. Of course, I've gained a bit of weight/fat because of that and my out-of-control eating lately. Very social co-workers who go out to lunch a lot. And someone is always bringing in pastries or donuts. I've decided I must get out of "celebration" mode and clean up my eating. Will continue to eat lunch out occasionally, but will be a lot more picky about what I order and actually eat.

Foot is still giving me trouble and right now no one knows why. So I've decided to press on with exercise. Went for a nice ride this morning, am able to swim, but cannot walk very well nor run so don't know if I will be able to do the triathlon in October. But I've not given up yet! Also plan to resume lifting weights with some modification to keep the majority of my body weight off my foot.

Kim, we've been so busy this month with family and social events and are just starting to research road bikes. Will let you know what we find out. How about you? Have you made a decision/purchase yet? And how's the job going?
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:20 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

Hi sf40! Glad to see you posting. I've been wondering how you're doing. I know how the temptations at work are...lol. We have the donut thing going on too. I've done pretty well though! Well enough to have lost about 4 lbs in the last week. I think the added activity and upping my calories some helped out alot. Hope I can keep it down!

No, I haven't done any researching or anything. I'll probably end up holding off for awhile. I'm going to start on the kid's Christmas soon, so that'll be all of my extra money.

Sorry to hear about that foot! I hope it heals soon. That's weird that no one knows what's going on with it. Maybe it's just a fluke, like a bruised bone or something. Or stress fracture?

The job is going pretty well! I made the mistake of telling my manager that I was ok working whenever and that I just wanted the extra money and she's cut my days from working 4 to 3. Maybe I should go to her and say that I do NEED the money...lol. But that would look funny, huh?

I like everyone I work with pretty much, so I enjoy it.

I got in another 8.6 miles Monday morning. I would have gone farther but I didn't think to take water with me and I was so thirsty! I figured it wasn't safe to keep going, specially 20 miles or so with no water.

Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th!!

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #169  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone! I ran away for a few days but I still did some riding. Got in 28.96km this am.

Kim - glad to hear the job is going well!!!!

sf40- I hurt my feet/legs running in bad shoes, and that is when I switched to the bike, it is much easier on your feet!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote