Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-05-2005, 05:06 PM   #1  

Angry Kinda in a hurry to loose loose loose

Im in a real bind here i want to go down 4 sizes before july!!! i know its almost impossable but im willing to do ANYTHING and i mean ANYTHING to loose them 4 sizes grrr i need major help please
sweetvanillagirl911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:34 PM   #2  
Just starting out!

Lipo?

Not to be discouraging or anything, but July's coming up fast and I can't think of any GOOD ways to lose that much weight before then...
gypzye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:56 PM   #3  

Honey, that's just not possible. I think I saw in another post you want to lose 40 or 50 pounds? In 8 weeks, now? If you ate NOTHING between now and then you couldn't lose that much weight.

I know this isn't what you want to hear. I'm guessing you're fairly young, and don't want to hear the same old tired story of sensible healthy eating and activity. But it's the truth. There are many people here who spent their whole lives living as you are living now, wanting a quick fix and not wanting to "waste time" by doing something safer and saner. But, try to look beyond just these next couple of months. See the rest of your life. See those of us who went on crash program after crash program, ruined our metabolisms, completely screwed up our natural appetites, developed a feast/famine yo-yo cycle. If you don't want to get fatter and fatter in the long run, find a way to permanently change your lifestyle so that you eat healthy nourishing food in adequate amounts and that you engage in physical activity frequently. A healthy life -- and a slim body -- is about BALANCE and moderation. Learn to honor your body and treat it well, and it will burn off that extra fat for you sooner or later. Even if it takes a lot longer than you think you want right now, that's OK. The important thing is that you'll develop good habits that will keep you healthy and fit the rest of your life, rather starting on a roller coaster of crashing and binging.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:20 PM   #4  

Unhappy Baby fat..

See the reason i thought that i might be able to do it is because that its baby fat.....im so confused even my mom said that it would work but i dont know yeah im just 15 and very very sad... plus i workout like everyday and i thought that would work...
Old 05-05-2005, 08:28 PM   #5  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

your mom shouldnt be encouraging a diet where you are pretty much starving yourself, my mom would kill me if I did that b/c she knows it just simply doesn't work. Just keep exercising and eat right.
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 10:22 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

Babyfat is fat, is fat, is fat, it will go away with proper nutrition and exercise, the same as any other fat whether it be young or old ... Calories in, calories out...

The one good thing you have on your side is that you're young and have a much faster metabolism than I do at 48, lucky you!! In order not to screw up that young and fast metabolism, eat 3 meals and 2 snacks per day, good lean protein, lots of veggies, lots of fruits, moderate white carbs like pasta and rice, and healthy carbs like brown rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes... keep away from the McD's and Pizza joints, but go with your friends have fun with them, but heat healthy they have salads and healthier choices in those fast food places now... That was calories in ... Now for calories out, it's just exercise, don't be fanatical about it but do something active every day... Walk, bike, fly a kit, walk in the mall with your friends, play ball, soccer, swim, ... Join sports at school, even if it's not a sport join a club at school, it'll keep you busy and your mind off food, meet new friends, have fun the world is your oyster ....

This isn't a diet to lose for July, this is a lifestyle forever , so you're nice and young start off on the right foot ... I hope this helps , come back and talk to us any ole time, we'll be more than happy to help you ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:10 PM   #7  

You could do 60lbs in four months, but that is watching calories and eating enough along with exercise. That would average to about 4.13 pounds a week. Safe but 8 weeks seems a bit tough!

I hope to reach my goal by the end of summer! Thankfully it will still be hot in Sep, Oct, Nov so I can wear by itty bitty`s!
Digital Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:53 AM   #8  
it's always something

One to two pounds per week is considered safe, anything more than that is usually water or muscle, and we don't want to lose muscle. Slow and steady
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:12 PM   #9  

i think i can do 6 pounds a week thats how its going right about now..
Old 05-06-2005, 03:24 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

The faster you try to take it off, the faster you'll put it back on and then some. Take it from one who knows. Go slow and it will stay off alot longer, besides taking weight off that fast is going to put lots of stress on your organs and thats something you don't want.

Just eat healthy and you will lose weight. Bet you and your friends do alot of walking around town or school and that too will help. Just enjoy being 15.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #11  

You CANNOT lose 6 pounds of fat per week. You might see that big a drop the first week of a program due to losing water weight. After that, if you are eating sensibly, you shouldn't be losing more than a couple of pounds per week. If you lose any faster that that, it is a sure sign you are losing muscle as well, which will cause all sorts of problems.

PLEASE listen to what we are saying. Don't get your hopes up that you can lose pounds and pounds of fat every week, because it is not physically possible.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:56 PM   #12  
jammin on the bandwagon

S/C/G: 245/slider/145

Height: 5'6"

I second 3rd and 4rth the 1.5 to 2lbs a week. Think in terms of dieting for 6-8 months to lose the weight for good, 6-8 months is really not so long.

I really think the key is finding exercise you enjoy and eating 5-6 times a day to keep metabolism up and not feel like you are dieting. Also find somthing you can stick too for good. If you diet, lose the weight and go back to not eating healthy and not exercising. It is guaranteed that the weight will come back.
shhambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #13  

Default losing inches

I agree with everyone else who is saying to lose slowly. It will keep your metabolism from taking a nose dive into slow burn. You want your metabolism to be working at prime speed now and always so you do not have to watch every mouthful you eat. However, that said, you can lose inches fairly quickly. I've only lost a few pounds since I tried on a couple of pair of shorts. I couldn't even get them closed. However, I've been exercising, and they fit nicely now, with room to spare. So, get active. I know you're probably tired and all, but walking alone is good exercis. Get a pedometer and count steps or miles or whatever works for you, and get out and about. Or, just include activity into your day wherever you can. It adds up, and shows up on the body pretty quickly........especially at your age. You will be stunned at the results. With exercise, you can weigh a lot more, and look a lot smaller. I always weighed twenty pounds more than anyone thought I did when I was in the army, but I was fit, and small. You don't have to be in bootcamp to get results, though. And, any activity you do is fine. Find something you like........or several somethings you like, and start moving. Have you tried belly dancing? It's fun!
thebooklass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 09:54 PM   #14  

no i havent ever tryed belly dancing...i usally only see REALLY skinny people do it plus does it really help you lose weight!!!

p.s got any good websites for it?
Old 05-09-2005, 09:30 PM   #15  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

There's a thread on here on bellydancing.

I understand you feeling like you want to go fast, but I'd try to focus more on how you look rather than lbs. I lost only about half my weight goal and looked a lot better a lot faster than I thought I would, and if you are working out you will look even better. Good luck but make sure you don't starve yourself, better to over-workout I'd say
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote