Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-10-2005, 09:30 AM   #46  

Hi everybody! I made it back to Indy yesterday. I didn't get my regular walking in, but I almost missed my connecting flight so I had to run...does that count?? lol I did get up early this morning and did 2 miles. I'm going to buy a pedometer today though. To answer your question Macon, I do the WATP. In San Salvador, there was really no place for me to really walk and I didn't feel comfortable walking around in my neighborhood there even though it's relatively safe. Here in Indiana though, once it warms up, I plan on walking outside more. I go back and forth between El Salvador and Indiana because my husband is salvaderno. I plan on moving permanently to El Salvador as soon as I get residency. Until then, I can only stay there 3 months at a time as a tourist. So, I come back to Indy and stay at my parents' and my boss usually gives me my job back if she has the hours. It's going to be great this time because I just recently became debt free....paid off all my credit cards and student loans! It took me 3 years to reach this goal and not every spending any money...now it's nice to know I can actually buy things I want.
Sorry, that was a little long winded, wasn't it? lol

Keep up the great work ladies!!

March miles: 15
Sherrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:58 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning walkin buddies!

I got up early and did a 30 minute 2 miles WATP dvd this morning.

March Miles = 16

what are ya'll doing today?

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:19 PM   #48  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Hey girls,

Looks like another beautiful day today, so DD and I'll be heading outdoors to get some walking in. Shooting for 4mi this afternoon. I'm so excited that the weather has been so killer in recent weeks! Spring has sprung! Woop woop!

Take care ladies, all the best for today!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:52 PM   #49  

Hi everyone,
Just doing a quick check in. I didn't walk at lunch today. Instead, today is my weigh in at WW. I was happy to see that I have a 4.4lb loss. Really made me feel good about my exercising. Keep on pushing me!

Sherri - Very cool about going to El Salvador. How long have you been going back and forth?

Cathy - great job on getting up early in the morning. That is one thing I just haven't been able to do...way to tired.

Mel - I'm jealous that you have been able to get outside to walk. It snowed here this morning and then this evening did the little rain/snow mix. Yucky!
Do you usually walk at a park or just in your neighborhood?

Talk to ya later!
bubbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:58 AM   #50  

Tasha - on the 4.4 lb. loss! That is great!

Mel - I just feel off the wagon yesterday! I had been sugar-free (no refined sugar, honey, or art. sweetner) for almost a month. In all fairness, it is that time of the month for me and I think my blood sugar was so low - I had a P&J sandwich for lunch and then 2 cookies after dinner. I feel so guilty but it done so I am starting over today. As for wheat, I am just trying to avoid it because like sugar because once I have it, I want more and then I am eating all bread and no veggies. Enjoy the day with your DD!

Cathy - you are such an inspriation in your consistency. This morning, I was feeling so lazy (probably from all the sugar LOL!) but I knew if I did not do my resistance training in the am, I probably would not get it in today. Your dedication every morning really helps remind me!

Sherri - Congrats on getting debt-free! And how cool that you are moving to El Salvador. How long does it take? How did you meet your husband? Sorry to be nosy!

How is everyone else doing?

Yesterday I got in 11000 steps and resistance training and today, I have done my resistance training and now just need to get moving.

Have a great day!
Macon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:41 AM   #51  

ok - now I feel guilty! I woke up with a terrific headache (that has finally passed 5 hours later) so I did not get in any exercise this morning and won't have time the rest of the day!

but I plan to make up for it tomorrow by getting in 4 miles.

but thank you for the very kind words & encouragement about me getting up early before work (usually).

Looks like everybody is doing great! keep up the good work!

see ya'll tomorrow

hugs,
cathy
Old 03-11-2005, 01:23 PM   #52  
a whole new mel

Mornin' ladies! Hope you're all off to a stupendous day today!

Cathy... I'm sorry to hear you were feeling under the weather this a.m.! A 5hr headache is certainly reason enough to skip your morning walk... and there's no need to feel guilty for it! I sure hope you're feeling better now! Have a great day! And take good care of yourself!

Macon... I definitely hear you about the "need" for sugar during that T.O.M.! I become wickedly obsessed with sugar... hmmm, come to think of it... I'm always am wickedly obsessed with sugar. But I definitely applaud you for going a whole month w/out! WTG, girl! Truly amazing! And what's more, you're workin' out like mad! That's killer! You'll be at goal in NO time!

Tasha... Congrats on the 4.4 loss! That's phenom! I know what you mean about dropping lbs makes you want to push harder and further! I think we're all that way. You think to yourself "If I look this good at [blank] weight, just imagine how good I'll look another 5lbs (etc) lighter..."! Such great motivation! Anyway lady, keep up the fantastic work! You're on your way!

As for me, I didn't end up getting out for a walk yesterday, had too much to get done around the house. But it looks like today will be just as beautiful (we're sitting at 10C and it's just after 10am!) so I'll be taking DD for a stroll downtown. There's a fantastic walkway that winds around the lake, the scenery is so lovely it doesn't even seem like exercise. Wish all exercise felt that way!

Anyways ladies, I have to get going, but I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Stay happy and healthy! Type you all later!

~mel
Old 03-11-2005, 04:42 PM   #53  

Hi everyone,
This is just a quick note to "check in". I'm sneaking this from work since I am going to a lacrosse game after work and out to eat. With the walking to the arena, in the arena and then out to eat, I should be able to count a little of that as exercise, right?
I'm hoping to check in later tonight but if not, will for sure check in on Sat morning.

I did my abs class and walked on the treadmill today. So far I am at 5/20 March Miles. Lookie there, I'm 1/4 of the way to my goal. Rock on!!! I joined a challenge at the gym at work but I will have to tell you all about it later.

Have a great afternoon ladies!
Cya ~
Old 03-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #54  

good morning gang!

looks like everybody is doing GREAT as usual!
ya'll are a bunch of dedicated and determined ladies!
and I am proud of everyone of you!

as promised I did a 60 minute 4 mile WATP express dvd this morning, and then I did 20 double leg lifts and 20 situps

March Miles = 20

hope everyone has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
Old 03-12-2005, 09:54 PM   #55  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! I had to attend a Tropical Festival at the kids' school today.. Man, did I get the steps in! I ended up with 20976, which is over 9 miles. Plus I am glad to say I didn't go over calories and did good on water. Yay! So.. so far so goooood!!

I measure myself tomorrow.. so we'll see how that goes. ::crossing fingers::

Hope you all are doing well. I have to hit the sack. I'm going walking at the park in the morning. I'll be on later to write to each of you. I see you are all doing verrrrrry well!! Keep it up! It will pay off!

Hugsssssssss!!!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 07:37 PM   #56  

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten in any walking yet this weekend. I might put in a 1mile dvd walk yet tonight but I'm not sure yet. Still haven't eaten dinner or anything but I will make it up this week on the treadmill.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:48 AM   #57  
a whole new mel

Hey ladies, just wanted to post that I managed to fit another 8 miles in which brings my March total to 26 thus far! Another 9 to go until I meet this month's goal! YIPPEE! Hoping to get another 4 in tomorrow... the weather has been B-E-A-utiful the last couple days (excluding Friday) so it's been easy to rack up some time outdoors.

Hope you're all having a great weekend! Type you all tomorrow! Best wishes!

~mel
Old 03-14-2005, 07:26 AM   #58  

Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm up to 23.5 miles. Just 11.5 to go!
Old 03-14-2005, 12:24 PM   #59  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hi all. Sounds like you're all doing so well! Congratulations!

I got in 6 miles yesterday! That is the most I have gotten during one day in a long time. We went to Cleburne State Park and walked a rocky steep path. It was sooo hard but it was worth it! I'm so glad I did it. I hope to do it more often too. My legs are pretty sore today so I'm taking today off. Take care ladies. Keep up the good work!
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:43 PM   #60  

Today was my first day back at work, so I wore my pedometer because I was curious. I got in 21645 steps in! No wonder I'm so tired! LOL