Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-06-2004, 03:28 PM   #1  
wife, mom, notary public

Smile Has and one try the playstation 2 game DDR?

has anyone heard of or tryed Dance Dance revolution2 (DDRMAX2) it has a pad you lay on the floor and step on the arrows to music. IT even has a workout mode. It is sooo much fun it to be so fun I don't even know my heart rate is up I have and heart rate band and watch tracking my heart rate.(just got it did lose some weight but I gained it back But gained it back when the husband was on vacation) LOVED having him home I have to learn to be strong that is my down fall. maybe someday

My daughter came home telling about this game with a workout mode This was her way of getting a playstation2 it worked the only thing she did count on is I'm always on it. heehee

Also I'm looking forward to saying "I lost it playing playstation" to all those people that keep asking "how did you lose the weight"
Also to my mom Since my she thinks I'm so spoiled already.

let me know if any one likes this game you will be amazed it even tracks you progress.
sallyjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 11:01 AM   #2  

Yep, I'm a big fan of this game myself! Check out this site:

http://www.getupmove.com/

They have testimonials of people who've lost a lot of weight playing... Currently my main workouts are playing DDR for an hour or so, trying to do the fastest songs I'm capable of doing, and weight lifting. I haven't been doing them often enough, so I'm trying to step it up lately. I am anxious to start losing some of this spare tire...

Mike
knave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:00 PM   #3  

I LOVE DDR, but unfortunately I don't have the game. I've played it at the arcade, and I have friends that own it on playstation. I've always thought about using it as aerobics - knowing that there's a workout mode makes it even more tempting. Was it easy to buy the pads though - I've heard they can be hard to find.
sillymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 05:23 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillymonkey
I LOVE DDR, but unfortunately I don't have the game. I've played it at the arcade, and I have friends that own it on playstation. I've always thought about using it as aerobics - knowing that there's a workout mode makes it even more tempting. Was it easy to buy the pads though - I've heard they can be hard to find.
There are a variety of pads to choose from on the internet... The problem is finding the best one. I have yet to find a consensus on the topic, but the RedOctane Ignition seems like a good choice. It's not cheap at $100, but it should work for a long time.

I bought a knockoff of this pad myself, from www.buynshop.com, it was $50 and appeared to be the same level of quality. However after 2 months, I started having problems with the right and down arrows. It's been about 4 months now, and I have to be very careful about where I step on the right arrow or else it "sticks" which can cause lots of unwarranted "boos". Really frustrating. In other words, I don't recommend this pad. (Then again, having a 220lb guy jumping repeatedly on your product seems like a recipe for failure...)

If I need to replace it, which it looks like a possibility, I'm either getting the Ignition, or a cheapo flat pad and mounting it on plywood with foam sandwiched in between. This is supposedly a cheap way to make a sturdy and reliable dance pad.

Mike
knave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 09:21 AM   #5  
wife, mom, notary public

Thumbs up which song is your favorite?? I like the whistle song

I turned off my boos!

My husband is to good he made me a hard pad that works great cost him about $120 to build.

In the begining I bought 2 cheap pads for $20.00 off ebay. They worked about a month (he use one for parts)

I bought a new ddr2 game $39.99

Also didn't have a playstation 2. I got one off ebay $175.00 with alot of controlers for the husband. all for about $335. still cheaper then I spent on any of my other workout equipment. I spent much more then that on my treadmill, stepper, gazelle, weight machines!!! I told Jay (my Husband) that I would put it in the buget under (fitness). It is sooooo much funner way of exercising. The only problem is; we only have one tv and when he is home I can use it I'm thinking about a second tv in my weight room

Well worth ever penny if not more!!!!
** I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! **

Also the second ddr (DDRMAX2) has more levels & songs. end less mode goes from one song to the next with no breaks can be set up to skip the song you don't like.

I have all the 1/8 & freeze steps turned off. I have a Polar heart rate monited with calorie counter yesterday it had I burned off 650 cal in ONE hour. Now I was doing all standard was in the BAD RED most of the time, no big I still had my heart rate up and I can hear the boos. Still can see them.

Last edited by sallyjayd; 08-04-2004 at 10:02 AM. Reason: trying to add picture
sallyjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 04:59 AM   #6  

DDR is really super for the fact that it has a section in the game that monitors your burned calories and weight over time. This is the best part of the game, in my opinion, however the music can get boring after a while.
niksa is offline   Reply With Quote